What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameo (1 Viewer)

I sent my wife the link this weekend while we're sitting in the living room.  I couldn't wait to see her face.  I watched her open it, then with a confused look, she said, "Why are you sending me a video of Teresa talking in her car?"  She talked over the entire thing.  :lol:   So I had to tell her to listen to what she said.  So she opened it back up and played it again.  Immediately, she smiled and then started cracking up.  She thought it was the funniest thing.  She both loved it, thought it was stupid and couldn't stop laughing about it.  But the best part was when we showed it to my daughter.  She thought it was cool, but turned bright red and had a smile from ear to ear when she heard Teresa say her name.  

Honestly, after it was all said and done, it might have been the greatest $150 I've ever spent in my life.
So is the app called “Cameo?” There’s a few on the App Store. Not sure which one it is.

I got my wife one from Joey Lawrence around Christmas time.  I shared a story with him of a "crushes" photo album of magazine clippings (Teen Beat, etc) that I found in storage from when my wife was like 13.  He brought it up in the video which had my wife blushing like a little girl.  I was getting dots for weeks after that.

I also got my son one from Santa and another for my wife from Devin (The Challenge).  Hilarious.

I got my wife one from Joey Lawrence around Christmas time.  I shared a story with him of a "crushes" photo album of magazine clippings (Teen Beat, etc) that I found in storage from when my wife was like 13.  He brought it up in the video which had my wife blushing like a little girl.  I was getting dots for weeks after that.

I also got my son one from Santa and another for my wife from Devin (The Challenge).  Hilarious.
Do you write the script for these or just give some basic info?

Just gave basic info. Tell them why I'm asking for a video. 

Santa was different. He read what I wrote. 

It's good that you can also see the recent ones they have done for people, and you can also read the reviews people left. Some just read or summarize what's given to them, some take that incorporate it into something much more personal, and a few just do what they want and/or barely put any effort into it. 

The prices also fluctuate, based on demand. Ice-T was $150 when he joined, and now he's up to $350. Cameo gives them recommendations to start and then suggestions on increasing/decreasing. The talent can also move their prices if they're getting too many at a lower price and it's taking too much time to keep up for it to be worth it, so they raise it to do less but still make the same. If they stop getting requests, then that tells them they need to start going lower.

Funny to see someone like Stanley from "The Office" going for (and getting!) $300 for a 1-2 minute video while someone like Tara Reid is struggling to get booked at $85.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife has a Bday coming up, but I don't see anyone on the website she would be remotely interested in.  I might go with Heidi Montag from the Hills.   She used to hate her, but for $50 it might be hilarious.  

I had never heard of this site...

I'm all over getting Randy Couture to do a video for my wife. Just need to figure out a good time/event to do it for.

So I ended doing one of these for my daughter (she's 21) and she posted it to twitter and it's going (sort of) viral - over 450K views and 29K likes in three days!

I called her a "B" the other day while we were having a stupid argument. So I used Cameo and had Snoop Dog apologize for me. It was great! (For the record, I apologized to her myself first, and then had Snoop do the video).

Here's Snoop's page (https://www.cameo.com/snoopdogg). Scroll to the "for Meagan" one and you'll see it.

So I ended doing one of these for my daughter (she's 21) and she posted it to twitter and it's going (sort of) viral - over 450K views and 29K likes in three days!

I called her a "B" the other day while we were having a stupid argument. So I used Cameo and had Snoop Dog apologize for me. It was great! (For the record, I apologized to her myself first, and then had Snoop do the video).

Here's Snoop's page (https://www.cameo.com/snoopdogg). Scroll to the "for Meagan" one and you'll see it.
that's awesome! But I want to know what type of room he filmed that from? I want one!! lol

that rules.

just got one for my kids. Kinda disappointed in it, but whatever. 

my kids are having a Stranger Things watch party for season 3, so I found one of the actresses to send them a message. Video itself isn't bad, but I guess ST doesn't pay so well b/c she recorded it in her car and the headliner is all ripped and looks like my 1st beater out of high school.

heres the link https://www.cameo.com/chelseatalmadge click the video "Kate and Ian" 

The app where you pay C and D list celebs to send a personalized video to someone.  I know it's so stupid, but I think as a joke, my wife would crack up at this.  We watch a LOT of stupid reality shows.  And by stupid, I mean spectacular.  Just wondering if anyone had tried this.  On one hand, I know paying these fools is encouraging it.  But on the other hand, my wife would crack up.  Laughing wife wins.

Just wonder if anyone else had heard any stories about this service.
What are you guys into?

--that sounds weird

What are you guys into?

--that sounds weird
Pretty much all the Bravo shows.  Survivor, The Challenge, Double Shot of Love, Party Down South, Floribama Shore, Jersey Shore...

If it's trainwreck reality, we are all over it.  It's family bonding time.  :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread