What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can McMichael flourish under Saban? (1 Viewer)

Adrian Peterson

Footballguy
Looking for input on those who watch Phins or know Saban.

Can Randy McMichael succeed in this offense, especially if they land a solid QB?

Possible sneaking intot he top 5 of TE's?

Looking for input on those who watch Phins or know Saban.

Can Randy McMichael succeed in this offense, especially if they land a solid QB?

Possible sneaking intot he top 5 of TE's?
He used them at Michigan State well. Chris Baker and Josh Keur come to mind.

I do not believe Saban has a lot to say when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. He is a defensive coach, I would look at his cordinators to help answer your question as to if McMichael can flourish. I would have to say Yes.......and if they get Brees......TOP 3 TE!

McMichael's problem is that he's got Chambers to compete with for balls...look at the top TEs...almost all of their teams have WR2s posing as #1s.

McMichael's problem is that he's got Chambers to compete with for balls...look at the top TEs...almost all of their teams have WR2s posing as #1s.
:yes: :goodposting:
Indeed, a very good post. Also, once a WR emerges as the #1, its funny how the TE suddenly takes a backseat in production. Anyone know the last team to have both a WR/TE both rack up 1000 yards each or 10 TDs each?

Indeed, a very good post. Also, once a WR emerges as the #1, its funny how the TE suddenly takes a backseat in production. Anyone know the last team to have both a WR/TE both rack up 1000 yards each or 10 TDs each?
1999 had Walls and Jeffers.Walls 63 822 12

Jeffers 63 1082 12

Muhammed 96 1253 8

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are setting the bar a bit high on TE production. Since 1970, only 17 times has a TE had 1,000+ receiving yards (Sharpe x 3, Winslow x 3, Christensen x 3, Gonzalez x 2, Newsome x 2, Coates, Gates, Senser, Bavaro)And on only 13 occasions did a TE have 10 or more TD (Gates x 2, Gonzalez x 2, Sharpe x 2, Walls x 2, Christensen, Coffman, Casper, Jackson, Winslow).

Those are some primo numbers from some great TE. I'm not sure McMichael belongs in the same pantheon to begin with, so I doubt he would have those lofty numbers if Chambers wasn't around.

His prob is most of October, November, and December. If not for those pesky months he'd be a great TE ;)

Users who are viewing this thread