What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss TE Streaming option for week 16 (1 Viewer)

I had picked up Sims off waivers Wednesday evening to start him instead of Green.

After all this........ I went ahead and also picked up Barnidge and will now start him, not Sims. He is a big guy at 6'6" and if you look at the 2 charts above, SD does give it up to the TEs, so Barnidge it is!

Los Gigantes said:
 For those of you saying clay is a slam dunk... why?  He has been mediocre at best most of the year, although he has put together a good strong recently. Very few tds this year and in buffalo against a weak Miami rush defense, buffalo may not throw much.  What do you guys see as being the game script for Mia @ buff?  (Similarly I am deciding between tyrod Taylor and Matt Moore for my second Qb)

I called him a slam dunk, but that was in reference to the other guys being discussed. If I had Clay, I wouldn't be in here discussing Dan Brown, Trey Burton, Dion Sims, Jermaine Gresham, etc.

Aso for the game script, I have a tough time reading it as a dolphins fan. I think Buffalo could easily get out in front and stay there, but I think Buffalo is going to have a tougher time on straight run plays than they have the last few weeks. As long as the game is close, I see that being augmented by short passes to the RBs and TEs, and Taylor running. 

Personally, I would still have Clay lower on the list of the (IMO) more obvious guys that have been mentioned. I would start Walker and CJF over him, and probably would lean Ebron over him as well, but I can see reasoning either way on that one. 

packersfan said:
I'm about 95% in on Brown right now. The good news is it doesn't look like anyone else in my league will be making TE moves before Saturday so I can take some more time to analyze things further. Also, I doubt anyone in my league has Brown on their radar. Guessing it'll be guys like Henry, Gresham or Sims who will be picked up if any TE moves are made.  

This is nuts.

Yeah, I have Brown in, but I am going to be wavering right up to the deadline.

Interestingly, Jake Ciely and a couple PFF guys have him top 10 in PPR this week. Even more curious, they all have him about 15 spots lower in standard. No idea what to make of that, but I usually agree with Ciely and PFF's projections over other sites.

I think I am in a similar boat to you packersfan. I feel like I have a pretty even matchup, but my opponent is better at TE, and a little better at WR.My only advantage (Miller at RB2) is looking tenuous. My best options are below, and I think I need a higher ceiling than what they offer:

Ryan Griffin, Trey Burton, Lance Kendricks (part time players)

Pitta, Jermaine Gresham, Jesse James, Dion Sims, Garrett Celek (praying for a TD and mostly tough matchups)

Jared Cook (had his 1 good game this month last week)

Last edited by a moderator:
No one considering Marcellus bennet?  Jets are horrible vs te.  I have Bennett, graham and clay on my squad.  RT now Bennett is in. 

I like clay and the potential revenge game script but Bennett catches passes from Brady against a defense that has mailed it in and gave up 3 tds to Dwayne Allen a few weeks ago and 2 to dion Sims last week.   

You really think we would be discussing the Dion Sims of the world if we had Bennett on our wire/bench??

You really think we would be discussing the Dion Sims of the world if we had Bennett on our wire/bench??
Yeah, wish Bennett was on my wire.  

Tye would have gotten me 6.  I think I'd take that right now if I could.

I am a Reed owner. My other TE is Vernon Davis. Should I just go with Davis or get one of the guys listed in this thread?
I also have Reed and Davis, along with Fleener. No-one has mentioned Fleener. Is he non-startable at this point, or is he a better option than throwing a dart at the free agent list?

I also have Reed and Davis, along with Fleener. No-one has mentioned Fleener. Is he non-startable at this point, or is he a better option than throwing a dart at the free agent list?
Had a fantasy funeral for Fleener weeks ago.  Guy has been a huge bust for the most part.  I guess you could do worse.  

It's 4AM and the lights are still off for last call.  Take it home and pay the consequences the next day!!  Roll of the dice!!

My bad. He was on my wire and I picked him up.  He really hasn't done much in the last few months outside of week 14.  So I don't think it's crazy that he would be on the wire. In fact my opponent in our sb is the one who dropped bennet weeks ago for Ebron.  He's making fun of me for picking up Bennett and starting him over graham.   

Graham hasn't done squat for weeks and now has the toughest Te matchup in league this week.  Jets are a sieve for te.  

After losing Gronk and now Ladarius Green i am in this boat for Championship week (non PPR league). Going with Hunter Henry, he's tied with Brate for most TE touchdowns on the season (with 7) and has scored a TD 4 out of the last 5 Charger games. I've talked myself in and out of all the names listed above, but in the end the numbers don't lie. (plus ya know, Cleveland)  Good Luck to us all~

After losing Gronk and now Ladarius Green i am in this boat for Championship week (non PPR league). Going with Hunter Henry, he's tied with Brate for most TE touchdowns on the season (with 7) and has scored a TD 4 out of the last 5 Charger games. I've talked myself in and out of all the names listed above, but in the end the numbers don't lie. (plus ya know, Cleveland)  Good Luck to us all~
I'm leaning him or Clay if Eifert dosent practice today.

Oh I got something even ballsier than Celek ...

Daniel Brown.

Washington is the No. 1 TE matchup in fantasy this week. 

You want ballsy? How about a guy who's coming off a 1-catch game, hasn't topped 42 yards in any of his games and only once had more than 4 targets in a game. There's your Week 16 ballsy TE play.

I'm so damn desperate without Green and needing some upside I'm seriously considering it.  
Brown is a WR on MFL. Is he a TE?

Henry over Clay?

I like Jesse James this week too. Green and Coates doubtful. May get a few catches and a TD. I can think of worse options. 

I like Jesse James this week too. Green and Coates doubtful. May get a few catches and a TD. I can think of worse options. 
Oh Crap, Someone new to look at and freak out over a decision, swear I though I just made the decision for Clay. Great point. He should get some looks no?

Henry over Clay?
I like Clay too, I just think the weather in Buffalo is supposed to be a little worse than Cleveland tomorrow and Rivers should be airing it out more than Tyrod. (Buffalo's running game should be relied on more than San Diego's Gordon-less running game)

Oh Crap, Someone new to look at and freak out over a decision, swear I though I just made the decision for Clay. Great point. He should get some looks no?
I'm thinking James too.With Green and Coates out,The Ravens will be focusing on stopping Brown(with J Smith NOT playing this week,it will be a top priority))and stopping Bell...James should get a few extra targets,as will E Rogers..decisions decisions decisions.....

I like Clay too, I just think the weather in Buffalo is supposed to be a little worse than Cleveland tomorrow and Rivers should be airing it out more than Tyrod. (Buffalo's running game should be relied on more than San Diego's Gordon-less running game)
41 and rain for Buffalo.  I have Clay or Fiedorowicz.   Neither will do enough without scoring to matter for me.   I have no idea of whether Fiedorowicz is going to get any red zone looks from Savage, but at least Clay is an option near the end zone for Buffalo.

I am considering Fleener. I will make some sort of decision tonight.

Rain is supposed to be over and done with in the am. 

Will Gates or Hunter Henry end up doing more damage?
Gates is like 2-3 TD away from a record.....I think Rivers will most definitely try to get him in the red zone for a TD. I wish Gates wasn't playing. Henry alone could put up 100 yards and TD or two himself...

Tough call...Henry should have a decent game....but that's if he gets 5-6 passes. He's not averaging enough attempts, which is ridiculous.

For those looking past Ryan Griffin as a viable option because CJF is playing, his stats still look pretty decent in that offense when both are on the field. Since the bye week, here's how he looks in PPR formats:

Wk 10 - 9.7

Wk 11 - 6.2

Wk 12 - 7.6

Wk 13 - 11.5

Wk 14 - 4.3

That's not horrible if you're not looking for a home run and just need to ensure points at TE this week. And mind you, these stats were all before Tom Savage took over at QB.

Gates is like 2-3 TD away from a record.....I think Rivers will most definitely try to get him in the red zone for a TD. I wish Gates wasn't playing. Henry alone could put up 100 yards and TD or two himself...

Tough call...Henry should have a decent game....but that's if he gets 5-6 passes. He's not averaging enough attempts, which is ridiculous.
Big fan of Henry but Gates easily this week for reasons you indicated. Henry only has one game since week 8 he hit that 5-6 target number you indicated and that was 5, just not enough looks. Right now he is TD dependent in a game they are motivated to get the other TE the TD's and a game where it's a favorable matchup for the WR's, not ideal.

I got a TE premium dynasty league with Reed, Eifert, Ladarius, Derby and Hunter Henry. So down to Henry this week and I picked up Dion Sims to play over him and again I really like Henry but targets are just not happening.  I guess someone could argue that Henry has a chance to lead the NFL in TD's among TE's and I has a chance to I think join Gronk as only rookie TE's with 10+ TD catches so that might be similar to motivation to get Gates his TD's but I don't think so.

I like CJ vs Cincy in PPR.
Both Green and Eifert aren't going to be playing...Houston will shut down Cincy and won't be throwing the ball much in this one..and if they do throw,Hopkins will be Savages main target and Griffen already having Savages trust worries me, that he may take a few looks away from CJ...It's why I'm going with Clay,it's less of a risk IMO.

I swapped out Davis for Fleener. Not that Fleener is any good, Davis looked so bad last week why should Cousins bother with him when he has other better options?

Decided to go with Clay in one league and Davis in another.  Not really expecting much from either and both are desperation plays now.

No Randall Cobb, so went Jared Cook.  Definition of desperation.  

Also starting Ty and Jordy, so that factors.

Both Green and Eifert aren't going to be playing...Houston will shut down Cincy and won't be throwing the ball much in this one..and if they do throw,Hopkins will be Savages main target and Griffen already having Savages trust worries me, that he may take a few looks away from CJ...It's why I'm going with Clay,it's less of a risk IMO.
And it worked out much better than I had hoped with Clay,almost 30 points from him..cha ching!

Users who are viewing this thread