What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car Dealer Online Price Issue (1 Viewer)

glvsav37

Footballguy
was researching a new car on line and found a dealership with the car listed on their site for a few thousand (2-3) lower then I've seen. So i called them and after a conversation with her manager, the sales girl said it was a mistake on their site. They were willing to dome down some, but not to that exact price. So I thanked her and said it was too much. 

2 weeks later and the page has not been updated or fixed. 

Any leverage here? figure I'd call them next week (end of the month) if its still not fixed and see if they will honor the price just to move the car. Or I wonder if this is deliberate to get people in there. If so is that even legal? Any laws/rules for the internet price matching the actual price on the lot? Major car dealership, not a independent lot.  

Is this one of those used car dealer tricks?  They either post something and say its a mistake, but you usually hear the line, "that was a mistake, but I'll have to let it go for that."  Or they post something totally made up that looks like a killer deal only to tell you they just sold it that morning.  

Bought my last 3 vehicles from Carmax. I can't deal.   

was researching a new car on line and found a dealership with the car listed on their site for a few thousand (2-3) lower then I've seen. So i called them and after a conversation with her manager, the sales girl said it was a mistake on their site. They were willing to dome down some, but not to that exact price. So I thanked her and said it was too much. 

2 weeks later and the page has not been updated or fixed. 

Any leverage here? figure I'd call them next week (end of the month) if its still not fixed and see if they will honor the price just to move the car. Or I wonder if this is deliberate to get people in there. If so is that even legal? Any laws/rules for the internet price matching the actual price on the lot? Major car dealership, not a independent lot.  
What kind of car is it?

I highly doubt it's ever a mistake when it is off a few thousand dollars.  

If you talk to them again, emphasize you will never do business with them.

What kind of car is it?

I highly doubt it's ever a mistake when it is off a few thousand dollars.  

If you talk to them again, emphasize you will never do business with them.
2018 Mutsu Outlander PHEV (hybrid)

have not done business with them yet, and its a dealership on the far end of my shopping radius, so thats a toothless threat. But its more of the "I see your game, lets meet somewhere close or I can make some noise on social about it." But I hate going into a big purchase like this already on the defensive. 

2018 Mutsu Outlander PHEV (hybrid)

have not done business with them yet, and its a dealership on the far end of my shopping radius, so thats a toothless threat. But its more of the "I see your game, lets meet somewhere close or I can make some noise on social about it." But I hate going into a big purchase like this already on the defensive. 
If they are willing to lie to you now, what makes you think they won't lie to you in person?  All they are going to try to do is negate the savings you fought for by increasing various fees.

Also, are they making a 2019 model of that car?  This is usually the worst time to buy a current year new car with the next year model hitting dealerships soon.  Wait 1-2 months and let the dealers discount the 2018s more.

Users who are viewing this thread