What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Caribbean Islands? (1 Viewer)

too windy. I like sand, but not getting sandblasted
80 degrees, no rain, no real danger of a hurricane, & a nice breeze of 15MPH - The weather was perfect when I went. Food was great too! Perfect island IMO.
we did Curacao a couple years back. mid-upper 80s every day. nice breeze kept the temps feeling reasonable, brilliant sun all day, one quick shower the whole time we were there, beautiful clean/clear water, tons of beaches, friendly people, great food.

would absolutely do it again

I once talked to the captain of a huge yacht down in the Bahamas and he told me he liked Saint Martin best.

I once talked to the captain of a huge yacht down in the Bahamas and he told me he liked Saint Martin best.
lol
I have no idea, does that place suck? I could have the place wrong, but I thought that was what he said.
oh- I thought you were pulling the I know a guy who knows a guy so this info is irrelevant schtick.

St Maartens is fine. IMO, it takes on too many cruise-ships so ends up catering to that large crush of touristy day-crowd, so I prefer smaller islands like St Barths and Anguilla whcih are right next to it.

But hell- pretty much anywhere you go in the Caribbean is great- the water, weather and beaches make sure of that.

lol
I have no idea, does that place suck? I could have the place wrong, but I thought that was what he said.
oh- I thought you were pulling the I know a guy who knows a guy so this info is irrelevant schtick.

St Maartens is fine. IMO, it takes on too many cruise-ships so ends up catering to that large crush of touristy day-crowd, so I prefer smaller islands like St Barths and Anguilla whcih are right next to it.

But hell- pretty much anywhere you go in the Caribbean is great- the water, weather and beaches make sure of that.
He was the captain of one of the biggest yachts in the Caribbean owned by some big class action lawyer from Texas. I think he was the lawyer against the tobacco companies or something, I had looked him up at the time, but forgot now. It was a pretty cool guy to bs with at the bar.

He could only pull that boat in a few deep ports though, so they were probably all the cruise ship destinations.

lol

He was the captain of one of the biggest yachts in the Caribbean owned by some big class action lawyer from Texas. I think he was the lawyer against the tobacco companies or something, I had looked him up at the time, but forgot now. It was a pretty cool guy to bs with at the bar.

He could only pull that boat in a few deep ports though, so they were probably all the cruise ship destinations.
The best yachts just anchor offshore and take the helicopter over to land. Last year on St. Maarten the Serene owned by Russian vodka distributor Yuri Scheffler was anchored off the beach from where we were staying.

lol

The best yachts just anchor offshore and take the helicopter over to land. Last year on St. Maarten the Serene owned by Russian vodka distributor Yuri Scheffler was anchored off the beach from where we were staying.
one of my son's old pre-school classmate's dads was some billionaire greek shipping tycoon... they kept their Americas yacht docked in St Maarten. I really, really, really wanted an invite. But yeah- it's a better spot for boats. Plus, it's also a bigger island, so crew could find a lot more to do for less than on the smaller islands compared to the smaller ones.

one of my son's old pre-school classmate's dads was some billionaire greek shipping tycoon... they kept their Americas yacht docked in St Maarten. I really, really, really wanted an invite. But yeah- it's a better spot for boats. Plus, it's also a bigger island, so crew could find a lot more to do for less than on the smaller islands compared to the smaller ones.
Totally, the helicopter probably went over to St. Barths while the crew stayed and partied on St. Maarten.

I went to Jamaica for spring break one year in college, which was fun but I wouldn't go back there since there are too many other islands I want to visit. I really want to go to the Cayman Islands sometime soon.

Looking to find a place like an AirBnB for 3 couples - beach, pool and excursions. I know nothing so, whatchagot?

No resorts - they don’t want to do that for some reason.

Planning to go March ‘24 for about a week.

Looking to find a place like an AirBnB for 3 couples - beach, pool and excursions. I know nothing so, whatchagot?

No resorts - they don’t want to do that for some reason.

Planning to go March ‘24 for about a week.
I pimped Anguilla up and down in this thread... sadly, we haven't been able to afford to go back when it's affordable to go there. Stupid kids and their stupid kid vacations. plus they cut the flights from NYC for some reason, which also drove the prices up.

But this should link to air bnb in shoal bay... our favorite area in Anguilla.

eta: iirc, Drifter- who just made a return appearance in that otis thread- got married in a villa at shoal bay. granted... just a FEW years ago. I don't think we've been back since this thread got started. :(

I still love st john. Just went in oct. Still fabulous.

What type of activities are around? Wife and I would be fine with beach, pool and dinners but this crew is looking for some adventures/activities to do at least part of the time.
Anguilla is chill. great food, great beaches, great vibe. we haven't been since the hurricane that wiped it out- so not sure if still around, but there were snorkeling excursions, drunk/dining at scilly cay, horseback riding, golf, amongst others, and of course all the typical water activities. it's not an "adventure" type of island, but there are certainly activities.

I'd also highly recommend St Barths for villa vacation- especially in the offseason (on season is only for the richy rich). but it's also not a big "adventure" spot- more night life and shopping- but same vibe, with plenty of water related activities. the flight in is adventure enough! those two islands are our favorites from the ones we've visited.

Costa Rica has a lot more of the adventure/activities. And some of the bigger islands like Antigua, Barbados, St Vincent, St Lucia, etc have a wider range of activities due to geography and population.

Turks & Caicos (Provo) was mentioned- not my favorite, but we went a couple times probably 20 years ago and I know it's changed a lot. Even though it's not my favorite- I'd go there in a heartbeat. Just more of the bigger Club Med/timeshare type places there, which aren't my thing.

It's been forever since I've been to St John- but I remember it being great. preferred it to St Thomas.

What type of activities are around? Wife and I would be fine with beach, pool and dinners but this crew is looking for some adventures/activities to do at least part of the time.
Activities….there’s drinking. And eating. One usually drinks while eating. Lazing about at the beach, drinking. hiking is available. It’s hot though. So definitely drink when finished. Diving. Boating. If someone else is driving, drink it up. 😂😜

st john is a magical place to decompress. It’s not activity focused. We had an awesome house in coral bay. We ate, drank, went to the beach and took an awesome boat trip.

Activities….there’s drinking. And eating. One usually drinks while eating. Lazing about at the beach, drinking. hiking is available. It’s hot though. So definitely drink when finished. Diving. Boating. If someone else is driving, drink it up. 😂😜

st john is a magical place to decompress. It’s not activity focused. We had an awesome house in coral bay. We ate, drank, went to the beach and took an awesome boat trip.
you basically just described every caribbean island.

Users who are viewing this thread