What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carson Palmer's elbow injury potentially more serious? (1 Viewer)

Funky_K

Footballguy
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/29/...more-than-sore/

PALMER'S ELBOW MORE THAN SORE?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2008, 11:56 a.m. EDT Amid various uncorroborated and unconfirmed rumors and rumblings emanating from Cincinnati that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer might need Tommy John surgery, Palmer himself has hinted that the supposedly sore elbow that knocked him out of Sunday's game against the Browns might not be something that mere rest heals.

The MRI reportedly showed no structural damage. But when Palmer was asked on Sunday whether the images revealed anything he'd deem "scary", Palmer said: "I'm not going to comment on everything."

Gulp.

Asked whether it's a long-term thing, Palmer said, "I hope not."

Double gulp.

As Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer points out, Palmer didn't say "I'll be fine" or anything else suggesting it was a simple matter of allowing soreness to subside. And that's enough to make Bengals fans worry about whether a season that has started out miserably will turn into a full-blown disaster.

Let's see what little brother can do... Fitzpatrick is obviously not the answer.

This is going to be a LONG year for Bengals fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/29/...more-than-sore/

<H2 class=postTitle>PALMER’S ELBOW MORE THAN SORE?</H2>Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2008, 11:56 a.m. EDT Amid various uncorroborated and unconfirmed rumors and rumblings emanating from Cincinnati that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer might need Tommy John surgery, Palmer himself has hinted that the supposedly sore elbow that knocked him out of Sunday’s game against the Browns might not be something that mere rest heals.

The MRI reportedly showed no structural damage. But when Palmer was asked on Sunday whether the images revealed anything he’d deem “scary”, Palmer said: “I’m not going to comment on everything.”

Gulp.

Asked whether it’s a long-term thing, Palmer said, “I hope not.”

Double gulp.

As Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer points out, Palmer didn’t say “I’ll be fine” or anything else suggesting it was a simple matter of allowing soreness to subside. And that’s enough to make Bengals fans worry about whether a season that has started out miserably will turn into a full-blown disaster.

Let's see what little brother can do... Fitzpatrick is obviously not the answer.

This is going to be a LONG year for Bengals fans.
I literally traded FOR Housh last week!?!?! :shrug:

There is NO reference to Tommy John Surgery in the article you linked...the topic should have a question mark at the end of it...very misleading and should probably be locked.

*EDIT* Thanks for changing the topic title :)

Last edited by a moderator:
PALMER'S ELBOW MORE THAN SORE?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2008, 11:56 a.m. EDT Amid various uncorroborated and unconfirmed rumors and rumblings emanating from Cincinnati that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer might need Tommy John surgery, Palmer himself has hinted that the supposedly sore elbow that knocked him out of Sunday's game against the Browns might not be something that mere rest heals.
Title has been edited

Ok, maybe I was just imagining this, but I swear that I saw a scroller last night (was either ESPN or NBC) that said that Palmer's MRI showed no structural damage.

The Bengals medical staff is the worst in the league, pretty much destroyed Willie Anderson's career, thought ahmad brooks just had a sore leg and listed him as day to day than three weeks later went on IR. I have ZERO confidence in the staff to handle anything and suspect that Palmer will end up on IR in 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread