What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Case Keemun; the next Tony Romo? (1 Viewer)

barring injury, i don't see it. The Texans season is over and Kubiak is just fighting to keep his job now.

Schaub hasnt played as well as this kid in a while....he is done here
Simply stated but seems to be absolutely correct. Forget the stats for a second and just focus on the real life things. The team seems more energized with him and the fan base definitely seems more into it. The fans don't make the decisions but they have a voice that is probably considered since the team is pretty much out of any realistic chance of playoffs.§

How confident are you guys starting this guy going forward? Ive had some lousy QB play lately and thinking about rolling with him....just wondering what the consensus is because I do have a little bit of homerism bias with him...trying not to let it affect my opinion of what i see

How confident are you guys starting this guy going forward? Ive had some lousy QB play lately and thinking about rolling with him....just wondering what the consensus is because I do have a little bit of homerism bias with him...trying not to let it affect my opinion of what i see
confident enough that I'm offering my backup QB around in dynasty and roll with Case

not confident enough to offer my starter as trade bait and roll with Case, despite Case outscoring him on average so far

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Keenum was more impressive last Sunday than Foles. He also seems to have better presence in the pocket, a quicker release time and better throwing motion.

I have been on the Case Keenum bandwagon for the past several weeks now and love what I have seen so far. His schedule the rest of the way is very friendly but now have a new concern I didnt antisipate. No one is mentioning this but his play caller just suffered a mini stroke and it was clear that when forced to go with another play caller the offense suffered. If GK is out the rest of the season how will that affect Keenum?

IMO Keenum was more impressive last Sunday than Foles. He also seems to have better presence in the pocket, a quicker release time and better throwing motion.
I agree, besides Foles has been up and down his whole career with an injury history. I like Keenum over Foles personally

The debate for me is Tannehill on Monday night in tampa or Case on the road in Arizona. I think its a much more difficult call than one would assume

I'd have to give the slight edge to Tannehill. The Cardinals secondary is better and has a much better pass rush. Tampa has been playing alot of zone which has gotten them into trouble.

I'd have to give the slight edge to Tannehill. The Cardinals secondary is better and has a much better pass rush. Tampa has been playing alot of zone which has gotten them into trouble.
It's close, but I'd start Keenum. I'm just staying away from Miami right now.

I have been on the Case Keenum bandwagon for the past several weeks now and love what I have seen so far. His schedule the rest of the way is very friendly but now have a new concern I didnt antisipate. No one is mentioning this but his play caller just suffered a mini stroke and it was clear that when forced to go with another play caller the offense suffered. If GK is out the rest of the season how will that affect Keenum?
This is an excellent point. First half, he was on pace to have a better week than Foles. Second half he was on pace for a typical Troy Aikman fantasy week...

This is an excellent point. First half, he was on pace to have a better week than Foles. Second half he was on pace for a typical Troy Aikman fantasy week...
While it is a point worth noting, I'm not so sure how different it may have been if Kubiak hadn't been taken to the hospital. Houston was up 21-3 at the end of the half, and 24-6 until 5 seconds left in the 3rd. They have been a running team the last few years, it makes sens that up 18 points, they were going to try to run the ball more, to bleed the clock. Even in the 4th quarter, they were up by 12, then 5 points; they were obviously going to try to milk the clock as much as possible. That's what most NFL teams do, and in this case (and in many others), it cost them. Teams often get too conservative with a lead, especially if they are used to being a run-heavy team.

For the record, I'm not even sure that Kubiak called the plays for Houston.

Yes, Kubiak calls the plays. However you often hear the opinion that he sucks at it. Myself, I would definitely not view Kubiak not calling the plays any kind of downgrade for the Houston offense.

Yes, Kubiak calls the plays. However you often hear the opinion that he sucks at it. Myself, I would definitely not view Kubiak not calling the plays any kind of downgrade for the Houston offense.
He scripts a nice offense for the first two drives and is generally pretty decent when we are behind, but his conservative nature really kicks in during the second half.

I agree, besides Foles has been up and down his whole career with an injury history. I like Keenum over Foles personally
Comparing their two careers, yes Keenum has had less down weeks than Foles.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread