What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cathartic Drops -- Mine was David Wilson (1 Viewer)

austinball

Footballguy
I loved this kid last year, and was fired up to draft him this year. Once Andre Brown went down I was convinced he was a Top 15 RB and I picked him as RB 12 in my draft...HUGE mistake.

I realize that we will now get news that his spine is fine and he'll be back in the lineup kicking ### next week, but I don't care. I dropped him and I now feel much better. Ill let someone else play that game.

What about you? Which high draft picks have you decided to drop?

Bowe after Week 3 - It felt good even after he had his best week in week 4.

I haven't worked up to dropping Wilson yet, though. >.<

edit: I just dropped Wilson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved this kid last year, and was fired up to draft him this year. Once Andre Brown went down I was convinced he was a Top 15 RB and I picked him as RB 12 in my draft...HUGE mistake.

I realize that we will now get news that his spine is fine and he'll be back in the lineup kicking ### next week, but I don't care. I dropped him and I now feel much better. Ill let someone else play that game.

doing it today

i am 1-5, and I need to move on.. brutal year, brutal pickup, brutal draft.

hoping this will change my mojo as well..

I haven't had the nerve to do it yet but I need to drop Colston. I've started him every week and every week a WR on my bench outscored him.

Mr. Fusion said:
I haven't had the nerve to do it yet but I need to drop Colston. I've started him every week and every week a WR on my bench outscored him.
You need to do this. I guarantee that this trend continues this week.

DHB after week 2.

I was one of the guy's last supporters and really thought he could do something with Luck. The sad part is that despite all of his physical talent he's simply cannot play wide receiver.

Dropped David Wilson, Bowe, Sjax, Tavon and I am minutes away from dropping Shorts (2 bench spot league, who apparently now can't sleep because he is in so much pain.

Bowe was my big cathartic drop. Tavon Austin was a close second. It felt great to rid my roster of their continuous "upside" followed by disappointing stat lines.

Not high pick but I had high hopes for Chris Givens....he can shove is 2 catches and 15 yards every week up his you-know-what
Yeah, I dropped Givens already. If nothing else, I figured I would try to send a message to the rest of my team that if you underperform, you will get the axe, regardless of what I have invested in you.

Tavon Austin (redraft)

Ridley was starting to look like a possibility but then he had to mess with my mind after his week 6 performance. I'm sure he'll revert to his 4 pts/week production. Now that I'm at least considering him start worthy again

In DYNASTY, I have parted ways with Tavon Austin already. It is probably extremely premature but in the past few years I have acquired and subsequently dumped Daniel Thomas and AJ Jenkins in this same league so I kind of see that in this one league where I have found myself picking players that I haven't in other leagues, for one reason or another, that I have blasted this team back to the stone age and it will take five years to recover.

Not high pick but I had high hopes for Chris Givens....he can shove is 2 catches and 15 yards every week up his you-know-what
Yeah, I dropped Givens already. If nothing else, I figured I would try to send a message to the rest of my team that if you underperform, you will get the axe, regardless of what I have invested in you.
Congrats on sending a message to your imaginary football team!

Congrats on sending a message to your imaginary football team!
As Jeff Spicolli so eleqontly said to Mr. Hand

"You ****!"

Jared Cook and Dwayne Bowe. Felt good. Cook was harder to drop because he had a huge game already this year. Bowe is a lost cause. Completely whiffed on that. I had visions of TO 2.0 when he was on Philly. LOL.

Cjspiller/roddy/dwilson/colston..... YUCK... I did manage to move spiller/colston for Dmac/ Desean.... traded j.bell for Nicks... Team is shaping up better now but really had to get rid of dead weight.... Ppr Redraft 12 team.

Jared Cook and Dwayne Bowe. Felt good. Cook was harder to drop because he had a huge game already this year. Bowe is a lost cause. Completely whiffed on that. I had visions of TO 2.0 when he was on Philly. LOL.
I saw that coming a mile away, all you have to do is look at Crabtree from 12. He didn't blossom until Kaep came under center... Alex smith can't throw a pass over 5 yards.... That's not bowe's game.

Dropped Eli today for Foles. After the latest vick news I'm hoping Foles holds onto his job and performs as high as Dodds has him for the rest of the year.

mphtrilogy said:
austinball said:

doing it today

i am 1-5, and I need to move on.. brutal year, brutal pickup, brutal draft.

hoping this will change my mojo as well..
This. Verbatim. 1-5 and just dropped Wilson.

Granted Wilson was just 1 of several bad picks though that led to my 1-5 start but dropping him felt real good.

And dropped Austin 2 weeks ago. Still stuck with CJ Spiller though.

Cut bait on Wilson in PPR as well.

His lack of catches and lack of carries almost capped him at 8 points as best any week.

I have NE and KC D/ST and had to let NE go today. Both have bye week 10, figured I stash Bills def until then. :shrug:

I dropped Matthews in a ppr league too. I had Matthews and Woodhead and was thinking... there's no way I'm going to start both of them and Woodhead was way outproducing Matthews.

I dropped Jacquiz Rogers early in the year before SJax got hurt. That was not a good move.

I got tired of Cecil Shorts. I swear VBD had him ranked really high and that didn't work out. Lucily for me I dropped him for Blackmon the week before Blackmon came back. That worked out.

I was about to drop Lamar Miller but traded him for Ellington instead. I just never felt good about the Miller hype, but totally bought into the Ellington hype. I guess we'll find out which hype was right.

I swear I am close to dropping Roddy White. I'll keep him on my IR for now but the wait is brutal. Not sure if I can wait much longer.

Shaub was my backup QB. Dropped him and picked up Foles before Foles first start. I wish I would have started Foles last week.

I dropped Mathews for Woodhead in a shallow bench PPR league. Decided to gamble on upside guys like Ellington and Stacy instead of getting him back.

I dropped Mathews for Woodhead in a shallow bench PPR league. Decided to gamble on upside guys like Ellington and Stacy instead of getting him back.
That's exactly what I did. I'm definitely thinking the same way. I had Woodhead and Ray Rice... I picked up Stacy off waivers... and I just traded for Ellington. I also have Chris Obg as a ppr upside gamble. PPR makes a huge difference in the type of RB you want on your team.

I dropped Amendola. Even when he starts I'm not playing him and he just can't stay on the field for more than a game. I also don't think he has played especially well even in the few games he has been healthy.

I don't have Steven Jackson but if I did I would probably drop him about now especially if a guy like Vereen is available. Vereen might play before he does. The whole Falcons offense is a mess and even when Jackson comes back the TD opportunites are likely to drop a lot.

I wish any of those players listed were available on my WW.
I drafted Woodhead. I paid $23 for Stacy maybe a 2-3 weeks ago ($100 / yr budget). I paid $15 for Chris Ogb this past week. I paid quite a bit for both... probably over paid. But my team was pretty bad. I had a terrible draft and decided I'm going to have to shell out the money if I wanna make my team any good.

You need to do this. I guarantee that this trend continues this week.
Yeah, I'm fighting with myself on dropping Colston. I cut bait with David Wilson about 2 weeks ago after the neck injury. I also quickly dropped Mike Williams and Cecil Shorts early. Which I'm feeling good about being that I replaced those two with Keenan Allen and Rueben Randle.

Users who are viewing this thread