What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Fantasy Sports Expert Eisenberg Touts Kaepernick as "Start of (1 Viewer)

duaneok66

Footballguy
I listened all week - he usually has good information, but I could never understand the selection against a tough Panthers defense.

Oh well.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I listened all week - he usually has good information, but I could never understand the selection against a tough Panthers defense.

Oh well.
Wow, crazy. What would be his rationale for that?

Overall though he's not a bad prognosticator. I think FantasyPros has him as one of the best ones. And he owns up to his bad calls in his weekly column.

 
Not talking about him specifically but do you really think any of these guys have any great insight? All the same information is available to everyone.

 
Not talking about him specifically but do you really think any of these guys have any great insight? All the same information is available to everyone.
More than the average person? Sure. More than the average FBG member who spends all day here? Probably not.

As for the radio show, it's just a way to kill part of the day.

 
I wasn't buying into his start of the week. Quite frankly the CBS guys have been a bit off the mark this year. I only listen to them to fill time on my commute home. The experts

On this site and ESPN seem to be offering better insight.

 
Not talking about him specifically but do you really think any of these guys have any great insight? All the same information is available to everyone.
More than the average person? Sure. More than the average FBG member who spends all day here? Probably not.

As for the radio show, it's just a way to kill part of the day.
Yep, I listen to fantasy podcasts for mostly entertainment. Also, it does help me sometimes to think about certain players or ideas differently, talk yourself through some things.
 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.

 
Like others have mentioned - I listen to them to kill time - if anything Aizer (sp), Richard, Nando, and Eisenberg have really good chemistry. They are pretty entertaining compared to most fantasy shows.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.
They are preferable to Ravitz and Matthew Berry.

It makes my brain bleed when Berry says "LIKE" every five seconds, like a high-school girl.

Have you noticed that little things bug me? :lol:

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.
They are preferable to Ravitz and Matthew Berry.

It makes my brain bleed when Berry says "LIKE" every five seconds, like a high-school girl.

Have you noticed that little things bug me? :lol:
I prefer Berry's podcast. They are just more entertaining to me.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
Yeah, Zegura is the man but I would like his show more if he eased up on the wrestling talk.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
Yeah, Zegura is the man but I would like his show more if he eased up on the wrestling talk.
Wednesday nights at 6:00 = changing the channel.

He has that whats-his-face doosh WWE wrestler on for the entire hour. :sleep:

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.
They are preferable to Ravitz and Matthew Berry.It makes my brain bleed when Berry says "LIKE" every five seconds, like a high-school girl.

Have you noticed that little things bug me? :lol:
I prefer Berry's podcast. They are just more entertaining to me.
It's funny, I listen to their podcast almost every and I always say to myself, "these guys aren't funny and slightly annoying. And their advice for the most isn't that good". But I still listen out of habit. I'm messed up.

I think RN and I could start a podcast. We'll talk about fantasy football about 95% and then some pron talk the other 5%.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.
They are preferable to Ravitz and Matthew Berry.It makes my brain bleed when Berry says "LIKE" every five seconds, like a high-school girl.

Have you noticed that little things bug me? :lol:
I prefer Berry's podcast. They are just more entertaining to me.
It's funny, I listen to their podcast almost every and I always say to myself, "these guys aren't funny and slightly annoying. And their advice for the most isn't that good". But I still listen out of habit. I'm messed up.I think RN and I could start a podcast. We'll talk about fantasy football about 95% and then some pron talk the other 5%.
Yeah, it is very disposable and requires minimal mental attention. There's something about it that works though and I keep coming back.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.
They are preferable to Ravitz and Matthew Berry.It makes my brain bleed when Berry says "LIKE" every five seconds, like a high-school girl.

Have you noticed that little things bug me? :lol:
I prefer Berry's podcast. They are just more entertaining to me.
It's funny, I listen to their podcast almost every and I always say to myself, "these guys aren't funny and slightly annoying. And their advice for the most isn't that good". But I still listen out of habit. I'm messed up.I think RN and I could start a podcast. We'll talk about fantasy football about 95% and then some pron talk the other 5%.
Yeah, it is very disposable and requires minimal mental attention. There's something about it that works though and I keep coming back.
Do you find Stephania's voice to be somewhat grating?

 
He blew his start of the week previous to this too.

We could all make bad calls, but to pick Kaep as your start of the week at Qb was dumb. I had kaep and Foles as my two to decide between and I read his article and no way was I starting Kaep over Foles.

It says on there they aren't in the business of predicting the obvious but you shouldn't just make picks for shock and awe or to say after the fact, see, I said this but nobody else did. Horrible pick and really I couldn't listen to another thing he said because I don't know if he is just making picks that others don't to be different or what but he couldn,t have been more wrong....again.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.
They are preferable to Ravitz and Matthew Berry.It makes my brain bleed when Berry says "LIKE" every five seconds, like a high-school girl.

Have you noticed that little things bug me? :lol:
I prefer Berry's podcast. They are just more entertaining to me.
It's funny, I listen to their podcast almost every and I always say to myself, "these guys aren't funny and slightly annoying. And their advice for the most isn't that good". But I still listen out of habit. I'm messed up.I think RN and I could start a podcast. We'll talk about fantasy football about 95% and then some pron talk the other 5%.
Yeah, it is very disposable and requires minimal mental attention. There's something about it that works though and I keep coming back.
Do you find Stephania's voice to be somewhat grating?
No, plus she probably has the most useful info of the 4 on the show.

 
Not trying to be a wise ###, but is this thread started if Kap went 320, 3/1 with 55 yards rushing?
No, but I do think it's worth noting that this guy suggested Kap even though he was going against a top-3 defense. Seems very strange and he completely blew it, so I think it's worth discussing.

 
My biggest problem with Dave Richard is that he thinks he's funny. Every podcast/radio show he's on, you have to suffer through his ill-fated comedy routine before they start talking about players.
I've listened to the CBS podcasts pretty regularly the last 2 years and I can't tell any of them apart.
That's interesting. Each of them has a distinctive style. Nate says "BRO" every-other word. Richard is the one cracking the dumb jokes. Jamey is very understated. It seems as though he never laughs, like Costanza's mother.
I only pay maybe 50% attention to them. They all just sound very similar to me and their personalities are all pretty boring. It's definitely me least favorite fantasy podcast, the production is high quality and they have a ton of new content.
They are preferable to Ravitz and Matthew Berry.It makes my brain bleed when Berry says "LIKE" every five seconds, like a high-school girl.

Have you noticed that little things bug me? :lol:
I prefer Berry's podcast. They are just more entertaining to me.
It's funny, I listen to their podcast almost every and I always say to myself, "these guys aren't funny and slightly annoying. And their advice for the most isn't that good". But I still listen out of habit. I'm messed up.I think RN and I could start a podcast. We'll talk about fantasy football about 95% and then some pron talk the other 5%.
Yeah, it is very disposable and requires minimal mental attention. There's something about it that works though and I keep coming back.
Do you find Stephania's voice to be somewhat grating?
No, plus she probably has the most useful info of the 4 on the show.
Not at all. Her info consists of Berry and Ravitz asking an injury question, then her response is always the safest response she can possibly think of.

If Berry asks her tomorrow if she thinks Doug Martin will play next week, I fully expect her to say something like "I doubt he plays" or "Probably not, but if he does, he may not be as effective as if he was injury-free" :loco:

I get far more useful injury information from a quick RW blurb than from her "I always hedge my bets and take the safe way out" answers. She really has absolutely no insight that you can't find in 100 different places over the internet. And in the rare cases where she does go out on a bit of a limb, she's almost always wrong.

Not to mention that jokes are always going over her head left and right :whoosh:

She's awful.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here was his reasoning, if anyone cares.

Start of the Week: Colin Kaepernick, QB, 49ers

Sometimes you have to look at a difficult matchup and throw it out the window when it comes to an exceptional player. Brady taught us that lesson in Week 9 with his performance against the Steelers, and Kaepernick will follow suit this week against Carolina.

The Panthers are No. 1 in Fantasy points allowed to opposing quarterbacks. They have given up just seven passing touchdowns with 12 interceptions, no quarterback has scored multiple touchdowns against them and Wilson in Week 1 is the lone passer to throw for more than 300 yards.

Now, they haven't exactly faced a gauntlet of tough quarterbacks. Wilson is likely their toughest opponent since Eli Manning has struggled all year and Matt Ryan was missing all his weapons. Still, give credit where it's earned, and the Panthers have been dominant.

At this point you're obviously asking why starting Kaepernick makes sense, but I like what I've seen of late. He has at least 19 Fantasy points in his past three games against Arizona, Tennessee and Jacksonville, and the Titans and Cardinals have been solid against opposing quarterbacks for the most part as well. He's also running more with 18 carries for 122 yards and three touchdowns in his past two games, and when he runs he's awesome.

I also like Kaepernick coming off a bye at home. He had two bye weeks last season with the playoffs, and he torched Green Bay (444 total yards, four touchdowns and an interception) in the second round and Baltimore (364 total yards, two touchdowns and one interception) in the Super Bowl. Now, it's clearly not the same scenario, but Kaepernick and coach Jim Harbaugh obviously know how to put together a solid game plan when given extra time to prepare.

Like always, it's up to you to buy into our argument, but I have a strong feeling Kaepernick will come through with a stellar performance, even against this tough defense.
 
Nothing in that article had me convinced Kaep was the way to go. In fact this article had me think I was wrong to be wrestling between Foles and Big Ben and should consider "Krapernick". In the end I came to my senses and trusted the good people in this community to help me come to my decision.

I may lose this week because the Dallas D can't stop the 3 saints players my opponent has going, but I certainly would have no chance of winning this week had a I listened to the CBS crew.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top