What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chance for Hope 5k - support a FBG brother's charity for pediatric cancer (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
Hi all

This is probably against the rules, so mods can feel free to move or delete. But it's a great cause and @bigbottom has been a FBG brother for 20 years.  I'm incredibly proud of what he's done and want to give everyone here a chance to support this. 

This is the last week of September, which is Childhood Cancer Awareness month.

I am happy to be running this weekend in the Going Gold Fun Run. Its a 5k (or 10k if you prefer) virtual run for his Chance for Hope charity. You’ll get a printable bib, and a race medal and shirt afterwards to commemorate the event.

To sign up go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Anytown/Chanceforhope

Thanks

bostonfred 

ABOUT CHANCE FOR HOPE

The Chance for Hope Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization formed in April 2014 to honor the legacy of Chance Davidson, a thirteen-year-old boy who lost his battle with brain cancer in October 2013. Having been a previous pediatric cancer family and Pearland resident, the founders of our organization have an acute understanding of the needs of the pediatric cancer community and the challenges faced by these courageous children. The charitable mission of the Chance for Hope Foundation is to provide support services for children with cancer and their families, funding for pediatric cancer research and treatment, and educational resources to the general public regarding pediatric cancer.

As you may know, September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and gold is the recognized color for childhood cancer. Through the Chance for Hope Going Gold Fun Run, our Foundation’s signature cancer awareness event, we remember the many children who have been taken from us too soon and extend our support to all those who continue to battle this illness with incredible strength and courage.

Thanks Fred!  Really appreciate you posting this and hopefully we have some runners/walkers here in the Shark Pool. Childhood Cancer Awareness is a cause everyone should be able to support. Did you know the cancer is the number one death by disease in children?  Also, 1 in 300 kids will be diagnosed with cancer by 20 years of age. Anyway, the registration fee is only $25 and you’ll receive a nice dry-fit race shirt and cool race medal. So you’ll get some swag, get some exercise, and get some good vibes for supporting a great cause. 

Finally, I’m still blown away about how one-sided that Oronde Gadsden for Donald Hayes trade was back in the day. Talk about a bank heist!

Just finished my 5k, and even though I have been taking it easy on a balky knee recently, i ran my best time in months, in no small part because I was running for a cause that's important to me. 

Thank you to everyone who has signed up already.. and for those of you who are still thinking about it, there's still time - you have until Wednesday night to sign up even if you don't run it by the end of September. Hope to see some more personal bests. 

Users who are viewing this thread