What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Changing The Name Of My Random Shots Column (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Some of you know I write a goofy column each week during the regular season where I highlight all the interesting things of the week that caught my eye. It's a collection of random things and I've always called it Random Shots. 

I've always thought the name was kind of dumb, but let it ride. Today, as my inbox is full of emails with the subject line Footballguys Random Shots mixed with emails about the Shooting Massacre in California, it's pretty clear I need to make a change. Nobody is accusing me of being insensitive or anything like that. I just don't want to send an email each week with a title remotely connected to that kind of sadness. 

If you've got real suggestions for a name change for the column, I'd love to hear them. 

I'll post this a few of our forums to get the most input.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, I'll be serious this time.  I'd choose a name that emphasizes how hard NFL players play, how many hours NFL coaches grind, and how much work you put into that column all to be successful.  Something like Joe Bryant's Hustler.

Joe, I've been a LONG time supporter of yours, honestly, a LONG time now. I've written to you and you've answered to me personally which I genuinely appreciate.  God almighty dude, this crap has to STOP already!  Nobody.  I mean to say that exactly NO ONE with half of a brain cell rattling around in their melon equates your Random Shots column heading with anything other than that funny quips.  Please leave it alone.  For the sake of sanity and an effort to stomp out all this political correctness non-sense, this crap has to stop.  There has to be a rock bottom, a stopping point, a line in the sand where we say enough of this era where we feel like we must apologize for anything and everything stops, otherwise, we're ALL a bunch of pansy a$$ fakes. I'm officially offended by anyone that's offended by phrases that MIGHT be taken offensively. . . I think.

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THE NAME OF THE COLUMN!

Joe, I've been a LONG time supporter of yours, honestly, a LONG time now. I've written to you and you've answered to me personally which I genuinely appreciate.  God almighty dude, this crap has to STOP already!  Nobody.  I mean to say that exactly NO ONE with half of a brain cell rattling around in their melon equates your Random Shots column heading with anything other than that funny quips.  Please leave it alone.  For the sake of sanity and an effort to stomp out all this political correctness non-sense, this crap has to stop.  There has to be a rock bottom, a stopping point, a line in the sand where we say enough of this era where we feel like we must apologize for anything and everything stops, otherwise, we're ALL a bunch of pansy a$$ fakes. I'm officially offended by anyone that's offended by phrases that MIGHT be taken offensively. . . I think.

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THE NAME OF THE COLUMN!
Did you just suggest that Joe doesn't have half a brain?

Joe, I'll be serious this time.  I'd choose a name that emphasizes how hard NFL players play, how many hours NFL coaches grind, and how much work you put into that column all to be successful.  Something like Joe Bryant's Hustler.
Joe Bryant's Hustler's Huddle

any time I hear "random shots" I think of the studs post.. I think it was the above? I don't even read it as random shots any more, so you're safe with me at least.
you know, I tried so hard to google it to make sure I had t he studs translation correct...not sure if I got it, but now, at least, I know I was close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread