What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 2 (1 Viewer)

It'd be really cool if each drafter would post their 4 songs in order in one summary post, like many have.  Not looking forward to hunting and pecking on that spread sheet to piece together your playlist.

Got to @rockaction playlist and this Nada Surf song goes hard and then hits a nice chorus. Loving this. 

I just completed a listening party with OH to narrow down his and my votes.  When we got to the rockaction selections, I had to tell him that this was indeed a great song, with which he agreed after listening.

Other "new to at least one of us" songs that ranked highly:

Lord Huron - The Night We Met

Pete Droge - So I Am Over You

Emmylou Harris - Goodbye (both fans of hers but hadn't listened to this one)

Joni Mitchell - Urge for Going

Mouse Rat - The Pit  :lmao:  

Blood, Sweat & Tears - I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know

Mandrill - I Refuse To Smile

Getting Sodas by a band with a very long name

Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out (just for the lyrics only)

Purple Mountains  - Darkness And Cold

Last edited by a moderator:
krista4 said:
Two sets of votes are in on Theme 2, with five different posters getting votes so far.

Here's Theme Three:

Friendly aliens from Planet Squibbles took a wrong turn at Planet Albuquerque and landed their flying saucer on your lawn.  As this is their first visit to Planet Earth, they have questions.  Oh, so many questions.  Their trusted Squib-to-English translator, ♾️⚠️♻️, has ably assisted you in understanding and responding to their queries.  Unfortunately, just as you are finishing your feeble explanation of why some people put pineapple on their pizza,  ♾️⚠️♻️ is accidentally teleported back to Planet Squibbles, leaving the following five questions unanswered:

1.       What is rock music?

2.       What is pop music?

3.       What is hip hop music?

4.       What is country music?

5.       What is R&B music?

You decide to answer four of the questions as best you can by simply playing them one song.  You leave a fifth question unanswered in the hope of luring them back for another visit; after all, they are nice company, and you’ve been stuck in the house with your soon-to-be-ex for months.  Also, they brought donuts.
I have a pretty good idea what I'd take for three of these (and ample backups when landry's hat snipes me) if I play this straight, but choosing the fourth category is confounding me. Since my middle name is Overthink, I don't expect this condition to change.

11 sets of votes are in, and no one looks to be running away with this one.  Right now 17 different people have received at least one vote.  The current top four have 10, 9, 8, and 7 points.

I know we still have several people who have promised votes by tomorrow.  Your vote matters!

Oh, it definitely will.  And I listen to it frequently  :(  

Some the more musically upbeat songs are so lyrically sad and, of course, very well written.  He truly was a poet.

Oddly enough, I came to know the Silver Jews because I had first bought his book of poetry called Actual Air.  I'd missed their musical output before that.

krista4 said:
A generous, anonymous FBG would like to donate an additional $50 to each of the winning charities for this draft!  :excited:   :thumbup:  

Oops, I got this wrong.  Our anonymous benefactor wishes to add another $50 to the 1st place winner of each of the four themes.  So another $50 to Chance for Hope for the first theme, and TBD on the rest.  :)

I believe I'm awaiting @Ilov80s(who I think was almost done judging) and @Chaos Commish(who said he'd send tonight) for the final tally of the Theme 2 winners.  Anyone else planning to send votes who hasn't already?

Oops, I got this wrong.  Our anonymous benefactor wishes to add another $50 to the 1st place winner of each of the four themes.  So another $50 to Chance for Hope for the first theme, and TBD on the rest.  :)

I believe I'm awaiting @Ilov80s(who I think was almost done judging) and @Chaos Commish(who said he'd send tonight) for the final tally of the Theme 2 winners.  Anyone else planning to send votes who hasn't already?
Yes I’m going to send in tonight 

I received the last set of votes, but I'd expect people are in dreamland by now.  I'll post the results tomorrow.  Someone got the clear(-ish) win, but after that there are ties....................................................

:popcorn:

Just to reiterate how close this was:

1st place - 14 points

2nd place - 10 points

3rd place - three-way tie with 9 points

4th place - two-way tie with 8 points

Etc.

Here we go!

FIRST PLACE

This drafter might have won in the fourth round, as more than one voter emphasized the strength of his last pick, which was characterized as "knocking it out of the park."  With four first-place votes and two for third place, @Ilov80s is our winner in this round!

The Animals - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

Joni Mitchell - Urge For Going

Nico - These Days

The Walker Brothers - In My Room

FIRST PLACE

This drafter might have won in the fourth round, as more then one voter emphasized the strength of his last pick, which was characterized as "knocking it out of the park."  With four first-place votes and two for third place, @Ilov80s is our winner in this round!

The Animals - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

Joni Mitchell - Urge For Going

Nico - These Days

The Walker Brothers - In My Room

Great Songs

I didn’t expect to win any of these lol. I’ll ask my wife for some input on a charity and get back to you. 

Captain Cranks said:
Awesome job, everyone.  @Ilov80splease let me know where to send the winnings.  

Thanks for pulling this together again, Krista!
Going to go with World Central Kitchen

For those unfamiliar, they provide food for victims and workers of natural disasters around the world. Thanks for the donation and organizing the draft. It’s been fun. 

Thanks @krista4 for handling the topics and judging 

Users who are viewing this thread