What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 3 (1 Viewer)

Round 1:

COUNTRY

Your Cheatin’ Heart — Hank Williams

Link and writeup later.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tiGG45ge9g

I went with country first because this song was a clear answer in my mind, whereas I'm still thinking through the others. 

This is basically the template for country music. The galloping beat, the fiddles and steel guitar, the anguished vocals and the sob stories (of adultery in this case) are all cornerstones of the genre, and especially became so due to the influence of Williams and this song. And there's even the "judgment of sinners" angle that's a subtext in so many country songs. (Though I'm not sure I'd want to get into a discussion of our concept of God with aliens.) 

Thanks, guys. I've got a rock pick pretty much decided, but the person most likely to snipe it isn't in this draft, so I figured I could take a chance that it'll be there tomorrow. 

The other genres, I'm still  :shrug:

Captain Cranks said:
The tribe has spoken so we'll keep the timeslots.  Since we're getting a late start and have fewer people this theme, I've pushed the start time to 1 PM ET.  Pip's Invitation gets us kicked off.

Draft

I thought I was in, but didn't see my name on the draft list?

:oldunsure:

ok brohans my fishing buddies and i often do mt rushmore drafts where we say what is your mount rushmore of rock songs or fishing destinations or good lookin ladies etc and this has been and will always be my george washington of rock songs so here it is the greatest rock song of all time

rolling stones gimme shelter

take that to the bank brohans  
You're gonna have to take that to some other football forum bank, brochacho.

I noticed someone has been shading the picks in the draft sheet to indicate a category, which was a great idea.  I randomly chose a blue for hip hop, but if whoever was doing the prior shading would like a different color, please change it.

ETA:  Pop in green.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread