What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 3 (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
Draft

As with the first two themes, I'll donate $500 to the winner's charity of choice while Krista will donate $200 and $100 to second and third's charities of choice, respectively.  An anonymous donor (it's Ted Danson) will also donate $50 to the winner.

Here's the brilliant theme she devised for us next week:

Friendly aliens from Planet Squibbles took a wrong turn at Planet Albuquerque and landed their flying saucer on your lawn.  As this is their first visit to Planet Earth, they have questions.  Oh, so many questions.  Their trusted Squib-to-English translator, ♾️⚠️♻️, has ably assisted you in understanding and responding to their queries.  Unfortunately, just as you are finishing your feeble explanation of why some people put pineapple on their pizza,  ♾️⚠️♻️ is accidentally teleported back to Planet Squibbles, leaving the following five questions unanswered:

1.       What is rock music?

2.       What is pop music?

3.       What is hip hop music?

4.       What is country music?

5.       What is R&B music?

You decide to answer four of the questions as best you can by simply playing them one song.  You leave a fifth question unanswered in the hope of luring them back for another visit; after all, they are nice company, and you’ve been stuck in the house with your soon-to-be-ex for months.  Also, they brought donuts.

Please check in below if you're interested in participating.  The draft order will be randomized tomorrow night and first round begins Monday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN…. but I’ve got a question:

the always-available innerwebz lists (for genres you’re not as familiar with) make this more like other “popular” drafts. Any judge within a certain age group would automatically place one of the Charlie Brown Xmas songs near the top (if Xmas song was a category) since we all grew up with it. Any chance we could make a general rule NOT to include a top-“whatever” song that was insanely popular?

Just a thought….

IN…. but I’ve got a question:

the always-available innerwebz lists (for genres you’re not as familiar with) make this more like other “popular” drafts. Any judge within a certain age group would automatically place one of the Charlie Brown Xmas songs near the top (if Xmas song was a category) since we all grew up with it. Any chance we could make a general rule NOT to include a top-“whatever” song that was insanely popular?

Just a thought….
I don't think that's gonna be a problem here. The genre labels used are so vague & vast that I can see many different interpretations, given how many creative thinkers there are around these parts.

I don’t feel strongly either way regarding putting restrictions on.  I did do the “choose 4 or 5” specifically to make it a little easier, as I knew of a few people who wouldn’t want to choose in hip hop and a few who wouldn’t want to go country.  

I’m not sure that online lists will help; this is not, for instance, “best” rock song but what epitomizes the genre, which I see as somewhat different.  Again, though, open to restrictions if that’s what you guys want to do.

I think some drafters will go for the big hits and some will look for lesser known songs that really distill the genre. Will make for an interesting challenge for judges. Speaking of which I’ve got a few more playlists from theme 2 to spin. 

There are no restrictions on the number of times an artist can be drafted, just that the song itself (by that particular artist) is off the board once chosen - right?

OH is in.  He doesn't know this yet, but believe me.  Also I should clarify that at one point I indicated he would sit the third one out because he was helping me with the scenario, but I ended up abandoning that theme as too difficult for the drafters and put this one together with his knowledge or assistance.  :)  

Also, if anyone is dying to come up with the next theme, or even mildly interested, please have at it.

I'm surprised you had more than one kicker on your rooster at this point...?
I also have Matt Gay on my roster. He was my kicker from the beginning, and I didn't drop him on his bye (which was week 11), and picked up Nick Folk to cover it. He was getting a lot of points too, so I kept him. I would have dropped one if I had to. I thought the Patriots would stall in the redzone against the Colts and need Folk, but they haven't even gotten into the redzone.  Usually they do.

I also have Matt Gay on my roster. He was my kicker from the beginning, and I didn't drop him on his bye (which was week 11), and picked up Nick Folk to cover it. He was getting a lot of points too, so I kept him. I would have dropped one if I had to. I thought the Patriots would stall in the redzone against the Colts and need Folk, but they haven't even gotten into the redzone.  Usually they do.
There you go!

Also, I would have dropped Folk, but I didn't need to drop him yet, and the Rams went through some bad games, and Folk was doing a lot better, and then I had to have someone to cover for Folk (week 14), so I kept Gay. I usually never have two kickers, but it just happened I could keep two, and for the most part they have both been top 10 this year. In my league they are kicker 1 and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread