What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 3 (1 Viewer)

Rock -  AC/DC - LET THERE BE ROCK

Pop - TAYLOR SWIFT - SHAKE IT OFF

Hip Hop - A TRIBE CALLED QUEST - CHECK THE RHIME

Country - LORETTA LYNN - COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER

Like I said before, my goal was to spread out the eras of music, have a mix of male/female, and make the songs sound different enough that I don't have to answer more questions - ie why does the pop song sound like rock song.  

Would Sunday night work?

ETA:  Or Monday morning?

Don't want to speak for anyone else, but Sunday evening would work for me, I'm about half way through - but don't know how much I'll get done tonight or tomorrow...

rock rolling stones gimme shelter

pop david bowie and queen under pressure

country johnny cash folsom county blues

randb  four tops reach out

my final pick is from when r and b was really r and b thats right brochachos there was r and b before 1990 and it was real and it was fabulous this song charted in 1966 and between the temptations and the four tops just to name a few it was a great time for music one of the best times in fact so here is my list what i tried to do was find songs that are really representative of a genre and that stand the test of time and are still played today and would really give the space dudes a fair idea of what songs have defined a musical category and i think its a hell of a listen top to bottom take that to the bank brohans 
Hey SWC, I love your picks.  Like I said earlier, I took "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash ahead of Folsom Prison Blues.  I think I made a mistake, though.  I Walk the Line just doesn't have the rock-a-billy factor that Folsom prison Blues does.  Anyhow.  

I love the Stones and I love Gimme Shelter.  Good pick, but....  it's been played a lot.  I would have given strong consideration to "Can't You Hear Me Knocking".  RIP Bobby KeyesMiss You is another great Stones tune.  Again, RIP Bobby Keyes. 

And I've got something playing over my computer now.....  not sure where it's coming from.  After closing down numerous windows, I finally determined it's "Working Class Hero" by John Lennon.  Now I'm ready to go shoot a sleeve of heroin.  

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: SWC
I have 12 sets of votes so far.  Is anyone else planning to send a list?

I haven't added anything up yet, but I think we have a new leader, who received three of the last four first-place votes.  :shock:

I received one more set of votes.  Anyone else?  I can keep this open until late tonight or even tomorrow morning if you guys wish.  First and second are starting to pull away from the pack (though second is within reach if I got a couple more lists), but there are six(!) people within striking distance of third if I received only one more set of votes.

I received one more set of votes.  Anyone else?  I can keep this open until late tonight or even tomorrow morning if you guys wish.  First and second are starting to pull away from the pack (though second is within reach if I got a couple more lists), but there are six(!) people within striking distance of third if I received only one more set of votes.
Hov said he would vote tonight, if that makes a difference.

THIRD PLACE

Thank goodness for a last-minute vote last night, which broke a four-way tie for third place!  With that last-minute second place vote, @johnnycakes took sole possession of third.  Congrats!!  Let me know what your charity is for the $100 donation.

I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash

Rolling in the Deep - Adele

I'm Just a Singer in a RnR Band - Moody Blues

Red Negligee - Katie Webster

FIRST PLACE

We ended up with a clear favorite in this theme, with @higgins garnering a whopping five first-place votes and a smattering of second and thirds.  The Squibbles are extremely pleased and eager to talk with you again soon.  Please let us know your charity for the big $500 donation and your favorite donuts for the Squibbles' next visit!  Congrats!!

Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin

Hey Jude - Beatles

Crazy - Patsy Cline

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson

SECOND PLACE:

Consistency, thy name is @Pip's Invitation, with two first-place votes, two second-place votes, and three third-place votes.  Congrats, and let me know what charity you would like for the $200 donation!

Your Cheatin' Heart - Hank Williams

Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding

My Generation - The Who

Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
Thanks! I’m glad that people enjoyed my picks.

You can donate to the charity my employer supports, the Center for Family Services in NJ.

Here is a description of what they do from their website:

Whether it’s a child who is ready for preschool, a young person in need of the support of a mentor, a teen without a safe place to call home, a family facing the trauma of domestic violence, a person seeking help for an addiction, or a family in crisis, our dedicated staff are here to help. We are here to heal, educate, and protect children and families. Our goal is to break the cycle of poverty, violence, trauma, and addiction and to help people to overcome obstacles, to find comfort, and to build the foundation for a successful future.

Here is a link to their donation page: https://www.centerffs.org/get-involved/donate

Thanks! I’m glad that people enjoyed my picks.

You can donate to the charity my employer supports, the Center for Family Services in NJ.

Here is a description of what they do from their website:

Whether it’s a child who is ready for preschool, a young person in need of the support of a mentor, a teen without a safe place to call home, a family facing the trauma of domestic violence, a person seeking help for an addiction, or a family in crisis, our dedicated staff are here to help. We are here to heal, educate, and protect children and families. Our goal is to break the cycle of poverty, violence, trauma, and addiction and to help people to overcome obstacles, to find comfort, and to build the foundation for a successful future.

Here is a link to their donation page: https://www.centerffs.org/get-involved/donate

Great choice - donation made!

THIRD PLACE

Thank goodness for a last-minute vote last night, which broke a four-way tie for third place!  With that last-minute second place vote, @johnnycakes took sole possession of third.  Congrats!!  Let me know what your charity is for the $100 donation.

I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash

Rolling in the Deep - Adele

I'm Just a Singer in a RnR Band - Moody Blues

Red Negligee - Katie Webster
I’m traveling right now…. Divorce court tomorrow morning. I’m having a hard time with this link on my iPhone. My charity is the Pine Street Inn in Boston. They work to end homelessness. 
https://secure2.convio.net/psi/site/Donation2;jsessionid=00000000.app20003a?idb=1592624041&df_id=3335&3335.donation=form1&mfc_pref=T&NONCE_TOKEN=C13B89D8CF37211906B5B5307BA15362&idb=793629403

I’m traveling right now…. Divorce court tomorrow morning. I’m having a hard time with this link on my iPhone. My charity is the Pine Street Inn in Boston. They work to end homelessness. 
https://secure2.convio.net/psi/site/Donation2;jsessionid=00000000.app20003a?idb=1592624041&df_id=3335&3335.donation=form1&mfc_pref=T&NONCE_TOKEN=C13B89D8CF37211906B5B5307BA15362&idb=793629403

Link worked!  Looks like a wonderful organization.  Donation made!

Users who are viewing this thread