What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 4 (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
We've quickly arrived at our fourth and final charity music draft. Thanks to everyone who's made the process a great success so far. For those who haven't participated in prior drafts, you're more than welcome to join. Here's our final theme:

You and your adult daughter Alice are driving home from the funeral reception of your old neighbor who passed away at the age of 90. Alice mentions that it was a sad service but she's glad to see so many people attend. 

"I agree. You can tell Mr. Brooks was well liked," you respond. After a few moments of silence, you continue, "That's not how I want my funeral to be though. I want people to celebrate my life and appreciate that my death is bringing them together. I also don't want any of that depressing church music at the reception."

"Yeah?  What kind of music should they play?"     

"Hmmm.  All kinds of stuff, I guess. It would be up to you and the rest of my family and friends. Anything that stirs up memories you all have of me or what I meant to you."

"That's interesting. What songs do you think we might pick?"

and Go!

The draft starts Monday morning. Since I'm hoping to get my donations in before the end of the year, let's jam 4 rounds into 3 days so we have a couple days to review/vote. 

Please react to this post if you're in. 

Interesting.   

I am assuming the answer is "yes", but will ask anyway.   Are we drafting songs we would have at our funeral, or we drafting songs we think our family would play at our funeral?

I've posted my funeral playlist before and it was songs I chose individually for the most important attendees. Similar but different. In, but confused. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.   

I am assuming the answer is "yes", but will ask anyway.   Are we drafting songs we would have at our funeral, or we drafting songs we think our family would play at our funeral?
Yeah. It's so easy to pick songs we'd like to know were played. This seems to be guessing what others might choose to hear. That's a pain in the... but. I think I'll freak out my daughter, brother, and a couple sisters by asking them. haha

Interesting. What do you want? I'm a stickler for honoring last requests. Something we've gone to war over in my family. 

Cremation, no service, maybe some folks can get together at a bar and swap stories if they wish.  I wouldn't mind having my ashes put on some mountaintops - I have a friend with whom I've helped do this with her son's ashes - but saying I want someone to do that puts too much of a burden on them, so I wouldn't ask for it.

Cremation, no service, maybe some folks can get together at a bar and swap stories if they wish.  I wouldn't mind having my ashes put on some mountaintops - I have a friend with whom I've helped do this with her son's ashes - but saying I want someone to do that puts too much of a burden on them, so I wouldn't ask for it.
This is pretty much me, except I want my ashes to feed the blue crabs in the Chesapeake (God knows I've eaten enough of their brothers and sisters). It's illegal, but I may or may not know a charter boat captain that may or may not have promised to do so for me by accident.

I hate seeing families torn apart over final wishes. Get it laid down in writing, folks!

If you read the theme carefully you'll be able to answer the path forward.  

Since there's a bit of story telling required and we're on a shortened week, I'm going to trim this one to three rounds; one pick a day at any time.  I doubt there will be any toe stepping involved to require a draft order/schedule.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Yeah I vote for four picks too. Maybe last day we go one pick starting 11am eastern and the next starting 4pm eastern?

Out on this one. I'm feeling particularly mortal as I close in on 62.

I trust @ditkaburgers taste to DJ my wake especially since she'll be liberated from me ragging on her boy bands.
I understand but consider the funeral aspect can be somewhat irrelevant.  Ultimately this can be "what songs make people think of you."  The death part was just a set up to that, but isn't necessary.  

IN

I already have a list.  But I'm sure at least half will be gone 1st round.

Out on this one. I'm feeling particularly mortal as I close in on 62.

I trust @ditkaburgers taste to DJ my wake especially since she'll be liberated from me ragging on her boy bands.

Chicken!  I am 62.

I turn 60 in two months. I feel so young.

I turn 56 next month. I'm sucking on a baby bottle right now. 🍼

I'm 45.  My parents are in middle school and have never met.  

i got warrants and draws older N' that. Merry Christmas, y'ol' poops!

Merry Christmas to everyone in the thread, especially to my GBs that have gone through loss and are reflecting on the year. 

Best to all of you.

Since we've started drafting (and wikkid lays claim to all things overtly religious), I might as well go with an evening song for morning. You guys might know it from somewhere. 

Christmas Song 1.03

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas to everyone in the thread, especially to my GBs that have gone through loss and are reflecting on the year. 

Best to all of you.

Since we've started drafting (and wikkid lays claim to all things overtly religious), I might as well go with an evening song for morning. You guys might know it from somewhere. 

Christmas Song 1.03
What a delightful play...  thank you!  Reminds me of happier days in Boston when I'd take the family to see Boston Ballet play the Nutcracker.  

What a delightful play...  thank you!  Reminds me of happier days in Boston when I'd take the family to see Boston Ballet play the Nutcracker.  

Thanks, johnnycakes. Glad it reminds you of good times. My friend, sans her longtime boyfriend due to a break-up, still saw fit to see the Nutcracker this year in Boston, something she'd done for a long time with his accompaniment. She decided, after a moment, that she still would attend, so she went with her aunt and good friend and had a lovely time. 

May you make new memories, johnnycakes. May we all make new ones to cherish. 

Best to you and everybody else these holidays. 

I feel like this is the least likely draft to have snipes, but maybe I'm not thinking about it right.  I don't expect any of those I'm thinking about to get sniped.
I think I’ll only have one song that could potentially be sniped so I’ll try to take that one first. 

Themes 1 and 3 I had no expectation of snipes and I was mostly right, but per usual songs on my short list got taken. I wasn't taking them, but you just never know in these drafts. For this final theme I have no idea because I have no idea of a single song yet. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread