What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Woodson (1 Viewer)

I just read this on ESPN.com - I could have sworn the Raiders tagged Woodson the past two years. There's a lot of 'big name overrated' players out there right now: Woodson and Law quickly come to mind.

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders declined to use the franchise tag on cornerback Charles Woodson for a third straight season, making the Heisman Trophy winner an unrestricted free agent next month.

Woodson, who hasn't played a full season since 2001, was limited to six games last season before breaking his right leg Oct. 23 against Buffalo. He made $10.537 million last season and would have been guaranteed more than $12.6 million if he didn't sign a long term contract.

Oakland could have matched any deal he signed or gotten compensation if he left with the franchise tag. Now Woodson will be an unrestricted free agent March 3.

Woodson was the fourth overall pick in the 1998 draft after winning the Heisman Trophy at Michigan. He made four Pro Bowls with the Raiders, intercepting 17 passes in 106 games.

I just read this on ESPN.com - I could have sworn the Raiders tagged Woodson the past two years. There's a lot of 'big name overrated' players out there right now: Woodson and Law quickly come to mind.ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders declined to use the franchise tag on cornerback Charles Woodson for a third straight season, making the Heisman Trophy winner an unrestricted free agent next month.
declined to do it a third time Grid, they did the previous two offseasons

Wish Woodson the best where ever he goes, but I would rather have the extra 10 million than Charles at this point.

I could see him going across the Bay for a couple of years, or Denver or KC testing the water with his agent.

He loved playing for Gruden, but the Buc's have a ton of money tied up in the D already.

Users who are viewing this thread