What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (7 Viewers)

The Cowboys backup qb is better than anything the Bears have had in years. Joke of a franchise with no motivation to ever win.
Are you kidding me - Justin Fields is going to be a star! He has thrown for 297 total yards this season in 3 games. Cooper Rush would be lucky to average 85 yards with this offense. I have a strong feeling that Fields will end up throwing for over 125 yards in one of the next 3 games and all the haters will be eating crow. I think the Bears are the best 2-1 team in the NFL!

The Cowboys backup qb is better than anything the Bears have had in years. Joke of a franchise with no motivation to ever win.
Are you kidding me - Justin Fields is going to be a star! He has thrown for 297 total yards this season in 3 games. Cooper Rush would be lucky to average 85 yards with this offense. I have a strong feeling that Fields will end up throwing for over 125 yards in one of the next 3 games and all the haters will be eating crow. I think the Bears are the best 2-1 team in the NFL!
I stand corrected!

With the Bears facing off against NE this week, I heard some odd stats thrown out on the radio today.

Since Tom Brady turned 40, he's had 24,590 passing yards and 176 TD passes in the regular season. In 103 seasons, the Bears career leader in passing yards and passing TD is Jay Cutler with 23,443 and 154.

The Bears single season leader in passing yards and passing TD was Erik Kramer with 3,838 and 29 . . . and if Brady is healthy the rest of the year, he will have eclipsed that yardage total in all 6 seasons since he turned 40 (and matched or tied that season TD total 4 times in that time).

Since turning 40, Brady is 10-3 in the playoffs. Since 1963, the Bears are 10-15 in the playoffs.

Clearly Brady is a one of a kind QB, but it does point out that CHI has struggled to find a decent or long-term solution at QB.

Liking both the Quinn and Smith deals. A 2nd, 4th, and 5th for 2 guys who weren't gonna be on the team next season. Maybe that'll help get some WRs.

ETA: Been impressed with the OL and the DBs in recent weeks. Was expecting OL to be awful but they've been pretty solid, despite losing the best guy on Whitehair. Jackson has rebounded a ton in the new defensive scheme, and Brisker has hit the ground running.

Liking both the Quinn and Smith deals. A 2nd, 4th, and 5th for 2 guys who weren't gonna be on the team next season. Maybe that'll help get some WRs.
I don't know............I don't think they got nearly enough for Roquan. I think I would have preferred that the Bears franchise him and maybe work out a deal in the offseason. Wouldn't they get a decent compensatory pick had he just walked?

I don't know............I don't think they got nearly enough for Roquan. I think I would have preferred that the Bears franchise him and maybe work out a deal in the offseason. Wouldn't they get a decent compensatory pick had he just walked?
I'm in the minority it seems that doesn't really think Roquan is all that great. I think he's a lot like Devin White, where he was a high pick, and has high tackle numbers, but he misses tackles and is often out of position. He's fine, but not anywhere near an elite LB.

I like the moves so far, and to be honest, I've never seen a full on rebuild for the Bears I my (quite long) lifetime. Poles is starting it the right way and hopefully the FO will give him the time and resources to build the team the right way.

I would like to see us trade for a WR now like E Moore or Jeudy that can immediately form a bind with Fields. Then we can address the 3T spot and fill holes in the draft.

I'm in the minority it seems that doesn't really think Roquan is all that great. I think he's a lot like Devin White, where he was a high pick, and has high tackle numbers, but he misses tackles and is often out of position. He's fine, but not anywhere near an elite LB.
I think when he has some talent on the D line in front of him, he looks like one of the best interior linebackers in the league. In my opinion he is a considerable step up from Devin White. I think this trade is kind of a testament to the continued devaluation of inside linebackers. Given the recent re-emergence of the power running game by several teams (statement totally based on my perception, not research), I wonder if the pendulum is about to swing back? Maybe the position is about to become slightly more valued? I would hope that the Bears did their best to keep him at a reasonable price and that this was the only option. Given the history of the Bears at the position, I hate to trade away another great inside linebacker. Considering what a mess this team is, history is one of the few things we have.

The best thing now is for Fields to keep developing, then listen to offers for their high 1st round pick from a team that needs a QB bad. It is a good class and Carolina and Detroit will need one also.

Doubt they would've gotten any compensatory picks. They're going to be spending big, which would cancel it out. And they weren't getting a 1st for a LB who doesn't have a contract. I think they got the best they could out of him.

Needs are tremendous. They need a complete overhaul of the front 7 on D. They need a big wr. They need maybe two new offensive tackles.

Poles has his work cut out for him.

always have liked your take on Chicago Bears. you seem to like them so much that it hurts to see them fail & you are not afraid to say it.
I don't think so. The FA pool of WRs next year is pitiful. This gets Fields help right away and still leaves us with a 1st and 2nd round pick where we can add a #1 wr to go with Claypool and Mooney.

always have liked your take on Chicago Bears. you seem to like them so much that it hurts to see them fail & you are not afraid to say it.
I don't think so. The FA pool of WRs next year is pitiful. This gets Fields help right away and still leaves us with a 1st and 2nd round pick where we can add a #1 wr to go with Claypool and Mooney.
I try my best to be objective about them. They deserve all the criticism they get for sucking. Hard to have faith that they will eventually be successful, but maybe the new regime will finally be it. Will believe it when I see it, but they're definitely making moves to support their QB for once. I have my doubts on Fields. Hope he proves me wrong.

I try my best to be objective about them. They deserve all the criticism they get for sucking. Hard to have faith that they will eventually be successful, but maybe the new regime will finally be it. Will believe it when I see it, but they're definitely making moves to support their QB for once. I have my doubts on Fields. Hope he proves me wrong.
I'm hoping for a Cam situation with Fields. He isn't going to last long but he could have an incredible 5-6 year run.

Looking like a top 3 pick and a ton of cap space, while already having our franchise QB, going into next season. Now is when the real work begins.

Looking like a top 3 pick and a ton of cap space, while already having our franchise QB, going into next season. Now is when the real work begins.
Poles is really setting himself up to trade down and get a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round draft capital this year and next. That's a wonderful position to be in, given the holes we have in the OL and DL.

Poles is really setting himself up to trade down and get a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round draft capital this year and next. That's a wonderful position to be in, given the holes we have in the OL and DL.
Let's hope he knows what he's doing

I wouldn’t trade down to move out of the 1R and lose out on a difference maker. Peter Skoronski would be a great fit for them.

Unfortunately, the Bears get screwed every single year due to always having a tougher SOS than other teams with the same record as they have and always get punished with a worse draft pick because of it.

Ankle surgery for Mooney which will end his season.

I like him but he was severely miscast this season as a number one guy.
He was head and shoulders over the rest of that motley crew. But yeah, I'd love to see him more in that Ridley role with someone else trying to play Julio.

Users who are viewing this thread