What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chicago Winter Sports Trifecta Coming Up! - Help wanted (1 Viewer)

Senor Schmutzig

Footballguy
Originally from the Chicagoland area, I grew up a Bears/White Sox/Bulls and Blackhawks fan in the 70's and 80's. I left town in the early 90s after I finished college and haven't lived there since. Regardless of where I am, I am still a Chicago sports fan.

For good or for bad, I have raised my now 19-year-old son to be an avid Chicago sports fan. I apologize to him at least once a month for that, though. :bag:

We live in South Florida now but are heading up to Chicago after Christmas and decided that we wanted to hit the winter trifecta of Chicago sports while we are there.

Wednesday, December 27th, Blackhawks vs Winnipeg Jets - Looking forward to seeing wunderkind Bedard in action
Saturday, December 30th, Bulls vs Philadelphia 76ers - Trade Levine, I never was a fan. I like the rest of the scrappy group though
Sunday, December 31st, Bears vs. Atlanta Falcons - Lived in Chicago for 18 years, never saw the Bears at Soldier Field. Can't wait.

I really despise paying the stupid extra charges through Ticketmaster, Stubhub, Seatgeek, etc. so if there are any Chicago based FBG's in here willing to sell me their tickets for these games at face value or at a slight markup, I would prefer that method.

I usually get good, but not great i.e. first 5 rows, seats so I'm looking for something that is manageable in cost but not nosebleeds/3rd level. My wife is also a sports fan so we would be looking for three tickets. Perhaps just two for the Bears game if she chickens out because it's too cold.

I'm willing to take any food recommendations also. We are lovers of tavern style pizza so we'll be hitting a couple of places to fill that craving. Will also hit Portillo's or similar for some chicago-style dogs and Italian Beef. Also looking for a good ramen place. That seems to be a developing theme during recent travels. Taking food recommendations...

Chicago Architecture Center has free admission through 12/31 so we'll probably hit that. Maybe a museum. Science and Industry or Field Museum? We went to the Art Museum the last time we were there.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm of no use here (and I hope you find something good), but point of order, shouldn't the matchups you mentioned be reversed, where it's X vs Chicago?

Users who are viewing this thread