What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs sign WR Mark Bradley (1 Viewer)

duece2626

Footballguy
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_ne...ory/822217.html

Chiefs sign WR Mark Bradley

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs today signed veteran wide receiver Mark Bradley.

A second-round pick of the Bears in 2005, Bradley's career has mostly been a disappointment.

He had his best season when he was a rookie, making 18 catches. That number fell to 14 the following season and six last year.

He was released by Chicago this year after playing in two games and not making a catch.

The Chiefs could use some help at receiver, so the 6-2, 198-pound Bradley could eventually have an impact. One starter, Devard Darling, has four receptions, putting him on pace for 12.

Wide receivers other than Dwayne Bowe have a total of eight receptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really be any worse than what they have there now.
see, i'm not entirely sold on the problem with the passing game there is the WRs. if damon huard is the best QB on your team then you've got real problems...
The older I get, the more I learn (and re-learn) that the QB makes the WR. Obviously, a QB is nothing w/o an o-line, so what I mean by "QB" is a bit qualified. I don't think Harrison & Wayne & Clark & Gonzo make Manning a good QB. I think it's the other way around. Moss & Welker... Clayton & Duper... I've got Berrian on my team. Not next year. No way.

I can't imagine that Bradley is an improvement over Samie Parker, who started 7 games for KC last year.
The same Sammie Parker who was cut by the Chiefs, Broncos, Panthers, AND Seahawks since the end of last season?? I would say my blind grandmother with concrete mittens on is an improvement over Sammie Parker.

see, i'm not entirely sold on the problem with the passing game there is the WRs. if damon huard is the best QB on your team then you've got real problems...
It's a bit of both. The WRs are really weak after Bowe, but the QB position struggles to get the ball down the field, especially with any sort of accuracy. I like this signing, but it's not one that'll pay immediate dividends because the Chiefs are not the type of offense that'll make a No. 2 (or lower) receiver look great.

Guy looked pretty good during his rookie year before he tore up his knee. With that being said, apparently the guy doesn't have much of a work ethic, but yeah, he is worth a gamble.

Topes said:
saintfool said:
duece2626 said:
The older I get, the more I learn (and re-learn) that the QB makes the WR. Obviously, a QB is nothing w/o an o-line, so what I mean by "QB" is a bit qualified. I don't think Harrison & Wayne & Clark & Gonzo make Manning a good QB. I think it's the other way around. Moss & Welker... Clayton & Duper... I've got Berrian on my team. Not next year. No way.
I generally agree, but I think an exception might be made for who-made-who with the Culpepper to Moss/Carter Vikings. Maybe works both ways...

saintfool said:
duece2626 said:
:rolleyes:

CrazyHorse1581 said:
TommyGilmore said:
I can't imagine that Bradley is an improvement over Samie Parker, who started 7 games for KC last year.
The same Sammie Parker who was cut by the Chiefs, Broncos, Panthers, AND Seahawks since the end of last season?? I would say my blind grandmother with concrete mittens on is an improvement over Sammie Parker.
:rolleyes: Parker caught 61% of his targets over the past 2 seasons, while Bradley has been right at 50%.

CrazyHorse1581 said:
TommyGilmore said:
:lmao: Parker caught 61% of his targets over the past 2 seasons, while Bradley has been right at 50%.
Stats don't tell the whole story. I'm not saying Bradley is better, but as a Chiefs fan who watches every game I can tell you Parker may have caught 61% but he dropped every clutch catch that came his way.

Guy looked pretty good during his rookie year before he tore up his knee. With that being said, apparently the guy doesn't have much of a work ethic, but yeah, he is worth a gamble.
Moose thinks highly of him...
Even in the NFL, it's not just what you know, but who you know ... and that might have helped wide receiver Mark Bradley land on the Chiefs' 53-man roster this week. Bradley was a teammate of Muhsin Muhammad's with the Chicago Bears, and Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards said that the Panthers wide receiver called Chiefs director of pro personnel Ray Farmer to share his thoughts on Bradley."(Muhammad) called on that kid's behalf to say what kind of kid he was. That says something about a pro football player -- to take time to call a team where a guy is going to go and have a try out," Edwards said. "His message was important because he knows the kid, and he spoke highly of him."When you get a veteran like him to do something like that, I think that's special."It wasn't the entire reason why the Chiefs signed Bradley, who had 38 receptions for 583 yards and four touchdowns during his three years as Muhammad's teammate in Chicago. But it didn't hurt, either, and Edwards said it had "some" influence on Kansas City's choice."We did our work, too," Muhammad said. "But I think that anytime you get a guy that's played with him, and I respect him. I always have. He's that kind of guy."

CrazyHorse1581 said:
TommyGilmore said:
:rolleyes: Parker caught 61% of his targets over the past 2 seasons, while Bradley has been right at 50%.
I think we need to address the real issue here.How does the 61% number for Parker compare tothe stats of Crazy Horse's blind grandmother with the concrete mittens.input ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron_Mexico said:
CrazyHorse1581 said:
TommyGilmore said:
:shrug: Parker caught 61% of his targets over the past 2 seasons, while Bradley has been right at 50%.
I think we need to address the real issue here.How does the 61% number for Parker compare tothe stats of Crazy Horse's blind grandmother with the concrete mittens.input ?
For comparison, here's the % of targets that the other KC WRs caught during Parker's tenure:Chris Horn - 55%Dwayne Bowe - 56%Eddie Kennison - 57%Dante Hall - 66%Tony Gonzalez - 67%

I'd like to see how Will Franklin does when he's genuinely getting looks and passes. It's odd but, I don't necessarily feel like the Chiefs feel the same way and they drafted him.

CrazyHorse1581 said:
TommyGilmore said:
What's her time in the 40?

Ron_Mexico said:
CrazyHorse1581 said:
TommyGilmore said:
:lmao: Parker caught 61% of his targets over the past 2 seasons, while Bradley has been right at 50%.
For comparison, here's the % of targets that the other KC WRs caught during Parker's tenure:Chris Horn - 55%Dwayne Bowe - 56%Eddie Kennison - 57%Dante Hall - 66%Tony Gonzalez - 67%
You're right. Samie Parker is clearly better than Dwayne Bowe. The numbers say it all. That's why he can't make an NFL roster right now.AndMy blind grandmother catches 62% (WITH the concrete mittens)of the targets and runs a 4.1 forty. So I stand by my statement that she is an upgrade to Parker. The numbers don't lie.

Ron_Mexico said:
CrazyHorse1581 said:
TommyGilmore said:
:thumbup: Parker caught 61% of his targets over the past 2 seasons, while Bradley has been right at 50%.
You're right. Samie Parker is clearly better than Dwayne Bowe. The numbers say it all. That's why he can't make an NFL roster right now.AndMy blind grandmother catches 62% (WITH the concrete mittens)of the targets and runs a 4.1 forty. So I stand by my statement that she is an upgrade to Parker. The numbers don't lie.
Never said he was better than Bowe, but his numbers are in line with Horn and Kennison (who were utilized in similar roles as Parker). Hall and Gonzo have higher percentages because they got more dumpoffs and screen passes.

Fellas:

If the team in the NFL with the worst collection of WR's lets go of a WR, what does that tell you?

I'm a Bears homer. Bradley blows. This is a meaningless signing by KC. Maybe Bradley is a 30th round pick in a Draftmasters league so you would get the benefit of his one long td a year.

If the team in the NFL with the worst collection of WR's lets go of a WR, what does that tell you?
He couldn't stay healthy. The team you mention with the worst WRs in the NFL also has among the worst QBs and OL, too, so why should we believe they're any good at evaluating talent? This is the same team that has drafted ONE starter (Tommie Harris) with its last seven first-round picks. It could be that Bradley is a good player (when healthy), and it wouldn't be the first time Chicago has made a major blunder in the personnel department.

Your theory is flawed and just doesn't mean a whole lot. Dwayne Bowe as a rookie couldn't even "beat out" Eddie Kennison and Samie Parker during pre-season last year, and it took an injury to Kennison for Bowe to become the starter. What a bust that guy was.

Users who are viewing this thread