Did anyone listen? I have no sound at work so was not able to.
Thumbnail as best as I can remember....Mike Morris & Mark Rosen asked the questions.
- talked about how him and Morris were both in Arizona at same time Morris with Cards him in Northern Arizona U
- talked about how busy he is setting up a staff, working with coaches players, upgrading Winter Park, meeting with FAs etc.
- importance of implementing a philosophy that trickles down through coaches to players
- talked about Hutch and how the process of acquiring him and how he will help O line "exert their will" ( my opinion the Vikes will run MUCH more than the recent Eagles)
- talked about RB situation, he LOVES Chester Taylor, MMoore has talent mentioned Fiason and a fourth guy I had not heard of. No SOD mention. still looking to improve position.
- talked about Tony Richardson Hback vs Full Back. Quality guy/veteran.
- biggest influence was HS coach ( later Bills coach)
- put himself as an "8-10" out of 10 as a disciplinarian, didn't understand term "players coach". thinks players moan about discipline and structure but that they all want it.
- impressed by ZIlf family was why he chose MN so quickly. less to do with personnel etc.
- talked about meeting with Mike McMahon yesterday. when asked how he looked? Childress said " Mike is a good looking guy." sharp dry sense of humor, insert your own Tice joke here. edit:McMahon just signed with Vikes 3/23/06 12:22pm cst
- runs a hybrid west coast. thought all "west coast" are different.
- dismissed "caretaker QB" label, talked about B. Johnson as a winner.
Morris asked them to save him a million dollars and he would come back. Childress questioned a guy who earned his living by bending over and looking backwards through his legs.
might want to check out rube chat for anything i missed.
they did not even ask him about Cpep. said that he addressed it yesterday and was done talking about it, it was a week ago. It is things like this that trouble me so far about the "triangle of authority". seems to be a lot to like so far but this dismissive stuff plus the massive leaking during the Cpep fiasco worries me lots.