What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Childress on radio tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

Hutchinson was on with Barreiro yesterday afternoon. Nothing to earth-shattering IMO, but if anyone has any questions I could try to remember if it was addressed...

Did anyone listen?  I have no sound at work so was not able to.
Thumbnail as best as I can remember....Mike Morris & Mark Rosen asked the questions.

- talked about how him and Morris were both in Arizona at same time Morris with Cards him in Northern Arizona U

- talked about how busy he is setting up a staff, working with coaches players, upgrading Winter Park, meeting with FAs etc.

- importance of implementing a philosophy that trickles down through coaches to players

- talked about Hutch and how the process of acquiring him and how he will help O line "exert their will" ( my opinion the Vikes will run MUCH more than the recent Eagles)

- talked about RB situation, he LOVES Chester Taylor, MMoore has talent mentioned Fiason and a fourth guy I had not heard of. No SOD mention. still looking to improve position.

- talked about Tony Richardson Hback vs Full Back. Quality guy/veteran.

- biggest influence was HS coach ( later Bills coach)

- put himself as an "8-10" out of 10 as a disciplinarian, didn't understand term "players coach". thinks players moan about discipline and structure but that they all want it.

- impressed by ZIlf family was why he chose MN so quickly. less to do with personnel etc.

- talked about meeting with Mike McMahon yesterday. when asked how he looked? Childress said " Mike is a good looking guy." sharp dry sense of humor, insert your own Tice joke here. edit:McMahon just signed with Vikes 3/23/06 12:22pm cst

- runs a hybrid west coast. thought all "west coast" are different.

- dismissed "caretaker QB" label, talked about B. Johnson as a winner.

Morris asked them to save him a million dollars and he would come back. Childress questioned a guy who earned his living by bending over and looking backwards through his legs.

might want to check out rube chat for anything i missed.

they did not even ask him about Cpep. said that he addressed it yesterday and was done talking about it, it was a week ago. It is things like this that trouble me so far about the "triangle of authority". seems to be a lot to like so far but this dismissive stuff plus the massive leaking during the Cpep fiasco worries me lots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'd like to see M. McMahon win B. Johnson's job. Anyone have a take on him? I watched him win several games with the Lions a few years ago on what I'd call "being a football guy" - not arm strength or speed, just scrambling around making things happen. A poor man's Favre. Then he lost his starting job.

Sorry for the hijack.

Did anyone listen?  I have no sound at work so was not able to.
Thumbnail as best as I can remember....Mike Morris & Mark Rosen asked the questions.

- talked about how him and Morris were both in Arizona at same time Morris with Cards him in Northern Arizona U

- talked about how busy he is setting up a staff, working with coaches players, upgrading Winter Park, meeting with FAs etc.

- importance of implementing a philosophy that trickles down through coaches to players

- talked about Hutch and how the process of acquiring him and how he will help O line "exert their will" ( my opinion the Vikes will run MUCH more than the recent Eagles)

- talked about RB situation, he LOVES Chester Taylor, MMoore has talent mentioned Fiason and a fourth guy I had not heard of. No SOD mention. still looking to improve position.

- talked about Tony Richardson Hback vs Full Back. Quality guy/veteran.

- biggest influence was HS coach ( later Bills coach)

- put himself as an "8-10" out of 10 as a disciplinarian, didn't understand term "players coach". thinks players moan about discipline and structure but that they all want it.

- impressed by ZIlf family was why he chose MN so quickly. less to do with personnel etc.

- talked about meeting with Mike McMahon yesterday. when asked how he looked? Childress said " Mike is a good looking guy." sharp dry sense of humor, insert your own Tice joke here. edit:McMahon just signed with Vikes 3/23/06 12:22pm cst

- runs a hybrid west coast. thought all "west coast" are different.

- dismissed "caretaker QB" label, talked about B. Johnson as a winner.

Morris asked them to save him a million dollars and he would come back. Childress questioned a guy who earned his living by bending over and looking backwards through his legs.

might want to check out rube chat for anything i missed.

they did not even ask him about Cpep. said that he addressed it yesterday and was done talking about it, it was a week ago. It is things like this that trouble me so far about the "triangle of authority". seems to be a lot to like so far but this dismissive stuff plus the massive leaking during the Cpep fiasco worries me lots.
:goodposting: Thanks for this summary. It is very useful. Can you elaborate any more on the RB comments? I believe the fourth RB is Echimandu from Cal. Does Childress intend to use Chester as the primary back?

I think I'd like to see M. McMahon win B. Johnson's job. Anyone have a take on him? I watched him win several games with the Lions a few years ago on what I'd call "being a football guy" - not arm strength or speed, just scrambling around making things happen. A poor man's Favre. Then he lost his starting job.

Sorry for the hijack.
He reminds me more of Doug Flutie - or even Don Majkowski - than Favre, frankly, but I understand what you're saying. He looks ugly doing it, but he seems to make plays.

:goodposting: Thanks for this summary. It is very useful. Can you elaborate any more on the RB comments? I believe the fourth RB is Echimandu from Cal. Does Childress intend to use Chester as the primary back?

He specifically referred to Taylor as a "low mileage back" ( to me that implies Childress plans on putting miles on him). He talked about using the run to set up the pass when discussing his west coast philosophy. and when talking about Hutchinson he talked about his desire to exert his will on the defense. I know MN RB is a scary FF concept ( but Tice/Hamlet is gone). I am not saying Taylor is LJordan 2006 ( a top 5 FFRB) but I think he will be tremendous value pick in most drafts.

I can' listen at work but here is a link to interview, incase i ommited or misheard anything important

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/audio/

Sorry for the hijack.
Wehear that "poor man's" term a lot.... I think the proper comparison bt Favre and the WWE commish is bankrupted man's Favre.... the guy's never done anything

Users who are viewing this thread