What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chime in if you are already disappointed (2 Viewers)

BoltBacker

Footballguy
I defend AJ quite a bit on these boards but letting Schaffer/Bentley/Madison/Bruce/Chavous sign without even takling to them with all the salary cap space they have seems a little silly.

The only player they seemed to express interest in thus far is a 29yo safety that has bounced around as a special teamer and backup most of his career.

Uninspiring if this is what they end up with for the $ saved by not keeping Brees.

How about your team? Can't be a lot of Eagle fans right about now.

SA and Hutch, mutually exclusive?

I was simply complimenting LT2.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the salary cap going up and Bentley signed this early perhaps.Seems like Hutchinsons # just went up imo. Now Hutchinson is the lone difference making OL'men out there. It'll be interesting where he lands.

With the salary cap going up and Bentley signed this early perhaps.Seems like Hutchinsons # just went up imo. Now Hutchinson is the lone difference making OL'men out there. It'll be interesting where he lands.
Seattle will not let him leave...no chance

Living in Ohio, I am very aware that Browns fans are excited. They are setting Charlie Frye up for success. Hopefully his life span will be longer than Tim Couch's.

Grade : A

The Texans gave Sage Rosenfels 6.4 million dollars....and gave Anthony Weaver 13 mil guaranteed in a 26 mil overall contract.

At least Casserly is consistant. Being a Texans fan is getting tougher each year it seems.

Big thumbs up for the suffering Browns fans....you guys have something to cheer about today. I'm glad someone is happy.

Living in Ohio, I am very aware that Browns fans are excited. They are setting Charlie Frye up for success. Hopefully his life span will be longer than Tim Couch's.

Grade : A
Bentley and Schaff signings were a perfect way to start out the Frye-era. They were wise to let him sit as long as they did last season and now they made moves to actually give the guy some protection. The fact he's more mobile than Tim Couch(read: he can do more than walk briskly) doesn't hurt either.

I'm immeasurably disappointed...

Eagles needed to focus on both lines this FA period AND had a boatload a money to do that. Instead we've let Runyan walk without an offer sheet, let Bentley play us for leverage in Cleveland, signed a marginal TE and LB, and had no visits scheduled this weekend of any consequence.

:sadbanana:

Eagles needed to focus on both lines this FA period AND had a boatload a money to do that. Instead we've let Runyan walk without an offer sheet, let Bentley play us for leverage in Cleveland, signed a marginal TE and LB, and had no visits scheduled this weekend of any consequence.

Don't you still have TO? :popcorn:

I am disappointed to the point of nausea with the Eagles. If they don't make some serious moves in the next day or two they should have a livid fan base and will have shown an obvious need to bring in someone to deal with the business side of the game as Reid and Co. are not getting the job done here.

I am disappointed to the point of nausea with the Eagles. If they don't make some serious moves in the next day or two they should have a livid fan base and will have shown an obvious need to bring in someone to deal with the business side of the game as Reid and Co. are not getting the job done here.
Yeah, what they said. This lack of performance by them is terrible. There are still a few good players they could go after and really NEED to go after. The OG and DL from Seattle (Hutchinson and Bernard) are still available and I think that the Iggles need to make a strong push for them. I'd rather they not overpay for someone like Randle El or Givens though (my hopes were up they might take a shot on KRob, but I guess not).

The only FA I had any real interest in was Ma'ake Kemoeatu for the Jets. They have a huge need for a NT, and he's only 27. Carolina got him pretty cheap, considering. Now, there are rumors about.... fatso Ted Washington? Gimme a break... 37 years old, reportedly almost up to 400 pounds, and coaching in NFL Europe? The other high profile FA's are all being over paid for.... so it looks like the Jets, with all this newly created cap room will sit on their hands.

So far it seems the Browns are doing the best this off season and have a bright future if they can keep their stud receivers on the field.

The Skins are doing pretty well with the Lloyd trade as well.

Nobody else really stands out yet IMO, and I refuse to get frustrated until more time has passed. The Lions need a few players, but they've filled the OC spot and the head coach seems better.

If the Eagles don't do anything with all of that money over the cap except for marginal moves (I consider Runyan resigning a marginal move as well) then I believe the Eagles are saying one thing. "We can't win so we aren't spending the money". It's that simple.

Yeah, what they said. This lack of performance by them is terrible. There are still a few good players they could go after and really NEED to go after. The OG and DL from Seattle (Hutchinson and Bernard) are still available and I think that the Iggles need to make a strong push for them. I'd rather they not overpay for someone like Randle El or Givens though (my hopes were up they might take a shot on KRob, but I guess not).
The Eagles have kept relatively quiet about commenting on Hutchinson other than a sketchy rumor by Howard Eskin. Something tells me that they will make a move for him just like they wrestled Runyan away from Tennessee years back. The move will depend on Seattle's cap situation. The impression that I have is that Seattle will have a relatively short time to match any offers because SH is a transition player. The signing of Alexander for Sea helps the Eagles out a bit. If they do not get SH, IMO they will have to resign Runyan or make multiple patchwork OL signings. I will be very disappointed if they do not upgrade the OL through free agency. In IMO it will be a bad offseason for the Eagles if they do not upgrade the OL through FA and the DL through the draft.When the Bentley rumor came out, I was skeptical because that is not how the Eagles handle their affairs out in the open. They are covert to an extreme. If fact they keep quiet about most of their FA signings, the signing of Kearse was very sudden if you recall.

I am disappointed to the point of nausea with the Eagles.  If they don't make some serious moves in the next day or two they should have a livid fan base and will have shown an obvious need to bring in someone to deal with the business side of the game as Reid and Co. are not getting the job done here.
The Eagles have kept relatively quiet about commenting on Hutchinson other than a sketchy rumor by Howard Eskin. Something tells me that they will make a move for him just like they wrestled Runyan away from Tennessee years back. The move will depend on Seattle's cap situation. The impression that I have is that Seattle will have a relatively short time to match any offers because SH is a transition player. The signing of Alexander for Sea helps the Eagles out a bit. If they do not get SH, IMO they will have to resign Runyan or make multiple patchwork OL signings. I will be very disappointed if they do not upgrade the OL through free agency. In IMO it will be a bad offseason for the Eagles if they do not upgrade the OL through FA and the DL through the draft.When the Bentley rumor came out, I was skeptical because that is not how the Eagles handle their affairs out in the open. They are covert to an extreme. If fact they keep quiet about most of their FA signings, the signing of Kearse was very sudden if you recall.
I think the dates changed thanks to the new CBA but prior to the new CBA I'm pretty sure by March 17th any transition or franchise player NOT signed to an offer sheet elsewhere reverts to exclusive rights of the incumbent team. Can anyone verify that and/or point to the new deadline in that regard?

Very disappointed in the Lions.....simply because they've seemingly done diddly squat so far....McCown is visiting today though, so they better sign him.

I'm awaiting news of Mawae and Hutch at least being talked to.

The Dolphins havent signed anyone yet, but theyve been very aggressive in meeting with several TOP players in the first 1.5 days of Free Agency. Theyve aleady had face to face meetings with:

Drew Brees

Duante Culpepper

Lavar Arrington

Sam Adams

Kevin Mawae

David Givens

Obviously, they wont sign all of them ( :) ), but it shows that theyre being proactive, and can attract all kinds of blue-chip Players to South Florida. Its gonna be a sweet offseason. :thumbup:

Cowboys....I know we are waiting on TO to be released.......

What about Vandy or Vinateri? We need a kicker.

Missed out on Chavous, the best safety on the market. Skins have Archuleta in for a visit......

What about Fabini? Are we even talking to him?

Who the heck is this second string guard we signed?

I have also seen it posted a couple of places that we signed Mike Leach but I haven't seen it anywhere official......

Chargers better do something.

If you're not going after anyone AJ, why did you let brees go?

:hot:

GEEZ!
Chargers got the Safety they wanted. Bentley declined a visit. Unfortunately for the Bolts, the FA market is thin in their areas of need (OL and S). Just like every other team with cap to spend, I'm hopeful for a late Hutch/Runyan push, but realize it's likely not going to happen.

Realistically, I hope AJ throws average money at McDougle/Ashworth/Walker and hope one bites. McDougle and Walker bring great size, while Ashworth is probably a better fit since he moves well.

Any one of those three along with using either the #1 or #2 on OL would go a long way toward improving the OL. Oben should be back at full strength, so the Bolts will be in good shape with a FA and draft addition to the line.

I figured with the re-structurings, etc that KC would make some noise but it sounds like they are waiting on T.O. but if they wait much more on Ty Law, he may sign somewhere.....

It stinks that there have been two whole names linked to KC.....and they are an old aging CB and a disgruntled WR.

I figured with the re-structurings, etc that KC would make some noise but it sounds like they are waiting on T.O. but if they wait much more on Ty Law, he may sign somewhere.....

It stinks that there have been two whole names linked to KC.....and they are an old aging CB and a disgruntled WR.
yeah, but that disgruntled WR instantly makes the Chiefs the division favorites if it happens.Did the Chiefs re-up Shields?

yeah, but that disgruntled WR instantly makes the Chiefs the division favorites if it happens.Did the Chiefs re-up Shields?
DIdnt have to I dont think with Holmes restructuring and the new cap....I will check NFLPA just to be sure.EDIT: Shields still is @ 5.1 Mil in base salary so that tells me he didnt renegotiate and is staying put.

Cutting Collins = :thumbup:

Cutting other high salary guys like Ted Washington and not tagging Woodson also = :thumbup:

With all the talk about Culpepper possibly coming to Oakland, I must say that I am a little dissappointed that the Raiders aren't looking at Brees. I really like Brees and think he is a perfect fit for Oakland. If they get him, they could focus on defense at the draft.

I'll have to wait and see what I think until after the Redskins do a bit more.

The trade for Brandon Lloyd was a very good one, and he should be signed today. They badly need a WR2 who can get open consistently and catch the ball, both of which he can do, and he's only 24.

Out of the other FA's they're negotiating with, I'd most like to see them sign Andre Carter since pass rush is an area of need for them.

I'm not wild about Adam Archuleta, but they're dealing with the reality than Sean Taylor may go to prison, and if that happens they can't put Joe Bugel out there at safety. I love Joe Bugel, but.............. If they cannot sign Archuleta they need to re-sign Ryan Clark, and that will happen for inflated dollars.

Signing Collins as a QB3 while Campbell progresses seems like a sound idea to me, since he's familiar with Al Saunders.

I'd rather they did not sign Randle El, whom I like but will be too expensive.

They damn well better re-sign Derrick Dockery. I'd like to see them re-sign Walt Harris at a lower price. And why the hell are they not looking at a kicker? They were last in the league in FG's last year, and John Hall is always hurt.

I'll wait and see. I'm mostly happy at least with their effort level, though. They're not shy.

Can someone explain to me how the Redskins think they can afford all the guys they flew in yesterday on a charter jet? They have almost no money left under the cap, in a year when 30 others teams [Colts are tapped too] have a ton of money, some upwards of $20mm+

The best explanation of it I've seen is here: Link

The direct link to the article is Here.

I don't nearly understand salary caps, but the guy who wrote that article has spent a lot of time researching it and, based on the appearance of what the Redskins are doing, seems to be correct about them restructuring contracts and having plenty of cap room.

I've also noticed that both Peter King and Pasquarelli have accused the Redskins of cheating on the salary cap on the basis of no evidence. I think that means they know as little about the cap as I do, and are frustrated at being wrong about "cap hell" not hitting the Redskins after all.

The best explanation of it I've seen is here: Link

The direct link to the article is Here.

I don't nearly understand salary caps, but the guy who wrote that article has spent a lot of time researching it and, based on the appearance of what the Redskins are doing, seems to be correct about them restructuring contracts and having plenty of cap room.

I've also noticed that both Peter King and Pasquarelli have accused the Redskins of cheating on the salary cap on the basis of no evidence. I think that means they know as little about the cap as I do, and are frustrated at being wrong about "cap hell" not hitting the Redskins after all.
You have to admit, Arrington walking away from that bonus is very suspect. I don't believe he walked for nothing, do you?

The Dolphins havent signed anyone yet, but theyve been very aggressive in meeting with several TOP players in the first 1.5 days of Free Agency. Theyve aleady had face to face meetings with:

Drew Brees

Duante Culpepper

Lavar Arrington

Sam Adams

Kevin Mawae

David Givens

Obviously, they wont sign all of them ( :) ), but it shows that theyre being proactive, and can attract all kinds of blue-chip Players to South Florida. Its gonna be a sweet offseason. :thumbup:
So the Dolphins flew out to Hawaii and interrupted the union meetings to meet with Mawae? :confused: NM, I see that he was in to visit them Wednesday and Thursday. Supposedly he's visiting Buffalo on Monday. The rumor is that the Dolphins weren't overly impressed with Mawae.

Drew Brees

Duante Culpepper

Lavar Arrington

Sam Adams

Kevin Mawae

David Givens

Obviously, they wont sign all of them ( :) ), but it shows that theyre being proactive, and can attract all kinds of blue-chip Players to South Florida. Its gonna be a sweet offseason.  :thumbup:
So the Dolphins flew out to Hawaii and interrupted the union meetings to meet with Mawae? :confused:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...ng_to_catch_on/The Patriots had former Jets center Kevin Mawae in for a visit. Mawae appears to be hot property in the AFC East: He's already met with the Dolphins and apparently has interest from the Bills

Seahawks fan here:

Im not at all dissapointed. I hope that they don't sign(overpay) anyone right away. Better value will be available later on in free agency.

Chargers better do something.

If you're not going after anyone AJ, why did you let brees go?

:hot:

GEEZ!
Chargers got the Safety they wanted. Bentley declined a visit. Unfortunately for the Bolts, the FA market is thin in their areas of need (OL and S). Just like every other team with cap to spend, I'm hopeful for a late Hutch/Runyan push, but realize it's likely not going to happen.

Realistically, I hope AJ throws average money at McDougle/Ashworth/Walker and hope one bites. McDougle and Walker bring great size, while Ashworth is probably a better fit since he moves well.

Any one of those three along with using either the #1 or #2 on OL would go a long way toward improving the OL. Oben should be back at full strength, so the Bolts will be in good shape with a FA and draft addition to the line.
Hope and Demps are still available at FS and there are some other options OL - Mawae, Fabini, Mike Williams.

Cutting Collins = :thumbup:

Cutting other high salary guys like Ted Washington and not tagging Woodson also = :thumbup:

With all the talk about Culpepper possibly coming to Oakland, I must say that I am a little dissappointed that the Raiders aren't looking at Brees. I really like Brees and think he is a perfect fit for Oakland. If they get him, they could focus on defense at the draft.
Pretty much how I feel.Wouldn't mind Oakland bringing in Lavar for a looksie and I am probably the only one who wants to see Walters or Tui get a shot at starting. I don't want them to bring in any veterans for the starting job. Let's see how our draft picks can do.

Draft day: Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk. Anything less will be disappointing.

You mean free agency started?!?!? ;)

I don't know what the hell Jerry Angelo is doing. But the fact that he hasn't targeted Givens, and didn't bring A.Randle El in yet really bothers me. Especially since Danny Warbucks flew him into DC from Chicago on his private jet.

The Bears need offensive playmakers (I'm thinking a veteran WR and a 1st or 2nd round TE).

Get with the program Angelo!

....unless of course he's waiting for Marty Booker to get cut from Miami.

You mean free agency started?!?!? ;)

I don't know what the hell Jerry Angelo is doing. But the fact that he hasn't targeted Givens, and didn't bring A.Randle El in yet really bothers me. Especially since Danny Warbucks flew him into DC from Chicago on his private jet.

The Bears need offensive playmakers (I'm thinking a veteran WR and a 1st or 2nd round TE).

Get with the program Angelo!

....unless of course he's waiting for Marty Booker to get cut from Miami.
Grid, I'm guessing Angelo met with Randle El a week ago and already submitted an offer.

They've already provided an offer to him over the weekend.

... but it bothers me that rather than being the primary team courting him, he's allowing others to step up in front of him.

Then again, if Randle El expects a Reggie Wayne type contract, let Snyder provide it.

Users who are viewing this thread