What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Chambers (1 Viewer)

C

Cunning Linguist

He has alwasy been talented, I don't think anyone questions that. Has a Moss like skill set. Finally in a good sitution QB wise.

I think he will be top 10, possibly top 5 this year and can be had cheaply too.

He has alwasy been talented, I don't think anyone questions that. Has a Moss like skill set. Finally in a good sitution QB wise.

I'm a big Chambers booster, but I don't see any way that his QB situation is improved this year over last.People that think Culpepper will start at the beginning of the season are delusional.

Possibly, but I don't buy it. This has been a topic for the past 5 years, since he was a rookie, and last season was the first time he broke a 1000 yards. Also, if he has Moss like skills, why didn't he perform Moss-like when Gus was throwing the ball. Last, I'm far from convince that he's in a "good situation QB wise." Culpepper was throwing like crap last season before he destroyed his knee. And information seems to be that Daunte won't be ready for the start of the season, which means no mini-camps or preseason to try and get on the same page. When he'll be ready and how long after that it takes to get comfortable with the system and his receivers has yet to be seen.

He has alwasy been talented, I don't think anyone questions that.  Has a Moss like skill set.  Finally in a good sitution QB wise.

I'm a big Chambers booster, but I don't see any way that his QB situation is improved this year over last.People that think Culpepper will start at the beginning of the season are delusional.
You must be crazy or something.

Wow, really going out on a limb there. The guy finished with 181 points last year in a standard scoring league. That's 1 point behind Torry Holt who finished 5th overall. As for those knocking the QB situation, how can it be any worse than what he's had his entire career?

He has alwasy been talented, I don't think anyone questions that.  Has a Moss like skill set.  Finally in a good sitution QB wise.

You must be crazy or something.
No. I'm a Vikings fan that saw Culpepper's play at the beginning of the year.I also understand he hurt his knee or something. :shrug:

This guy seems to be the 2006 "Footballguys MB Kool aid winner". I don't get it. I am not saying I wouldn't take him, but I won't be taking him in the WR 4-7 range like some are pimping.

Chambers always starts off slow anyway, at least from a stats perspective and then really steps up his play in November and ESPECIALLY in December.

I would expect Miami, next year, to really work hard to establish their running game early in the year and that will allow for some downfield opportunities a few games into the season.

So, er-regardless of who is starting at QB Miami's game plan should be the same at the beginning of the season.

Has a Moss like skill set. 
What does this mean?Does this mean he can run, but not run as fast as Randy Moss?

Does this mean he can jump, but not jump as high as Randy Moss?

I really don't get it. Does Willie Shoemaker have a Moss-like skill set?
He came out of Wisconsin with something like a 52" vertical. Yeah.........he can jump with Moss.
I didn't realize he had such a verticle. I guess the comment Moss-like skills implies Chambers would be similar to Moss as far as overall skill and productiveness. But I have never seen chambers face constant double teams while posting 10 catch, 200 yard, 3 touchdown games.I think Chambers is probably more Marcus Robinson like than Randy Moss.

Edited - I apologize for the terrible grammar and spelling displayed by my secretary as she assumed my account while I stopped by the break room.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy seems to be the 2006 "Footballguys MB Kool aid winner". I don't get it. I am not saying I wouldn't take him, but I won't be taking him in the WR 4-7 range like some are pimping.
:goodposting: If you remove Chambers' aberration game from last year, the guy posted a 67-880 season over 15 games. This is not the consistency (...or lack thereof) you want with a Top-5 guy...let alone a Top-10...guy.

:goodposting: If you remove Chambers' aberration game from last year, the guy posted a 67-880 season over 15 games. This is not the consistency (...or lack thereof) you want with a Top-5 guy...let alone a Top-10...guy.
Sorry to be rude... but I "dislike" these kinds of statements.Please realize that the original poster did not say, take him as the number 5 WR... he is simply stating that he thinks Chamber will end up in the top 5.

I'd like to know where you have him ranked and who you have ahead of him that is more "consistent." And can the words widereceiver and consistency really be used in the same sentence?

I've always been high on Chambers, but I think Top 5 is expecting too much, until possibly next season. He will be borderline Top 10 this season.

It sounds like you may be a year too early on your top 5 predicition. Top 10 is possible because I agree that he is just that talented. But without Culpepper in the lineup throwing those beautiful deep rainbows Chambers' way, CC will be in store for his usual season....which could mean anywhere from 10 to 20 overall. He's a guy Id absolutely love to steal as a 3rd WR, but Im sure some owners will drink the koolaid and draft him as a #1.

Has a Moss like skill set.
What does this mean?Does this mean he can run, but not run as fast as Randy Moss?

Does this mean he can jump, but not jump as high as Randy Moss?

I really don't get it. Does Willie Shoemaker have a Moss-like skill set?
He came out of Wisconsin with something like a 52" vertical. Yeah.........he can jump with Moss.
I didn't realize he had such a verticle. I guess the comment Moss-like skills implies Chambers would be similar to Moss as far as overall skill and productiveness. But I have never seen chambers face constant double teams while posting 10 catch, 200 yard, 3 touchdown games.I think Chambers is probably more Marcus Robinson like than Randy Moss.

Edited - I apologize for the terrible grammar and spelling displayed by my secretary as she assumed my account while I stopped by the break room.
He is like a mini-Moss IMO. Not quite as fast, but very fast. Lets not forget just how fast Moss really is! Can jump through the roof ala Moss. Moss however can jump through your roof and make it look easy. Very acrobatic, but not quite the same body control as Moss. He can create seperation, but then again nobody does this better than Moss. He does not have near the size of Moss though at only 5'11. I won't say Moss has better hands though... I have seen Chambers make some SICK catches! So in short, take a way just a hair of everything that makes Moss so great and then you have Chambers IMO.

Sign me up. I'm a big fan and won't be surprised when I have Chambers rated than everyone else on staff. I believe in the monster talent.

Sorry to be rude... but I "dislike" these kinds of statements.Please realize that the original poster did not say, take him as the number 5 WR... he is simply stating that he thinks Chamber will end up in the top 5.

I'd like to know where you have him ranked and who you have ahead of him that is more "consistent." And can the words widereceiver and consistency really be used in the same sentence?
I'm glad you asked...1. Holt

2. S Smith

3. C Johnson

4. TO

5. R Moss

6. Fitz

7. DJax

8. Ward

9. Boldin

10. S Moss

11. Harrison

12. Burress

I would assume Driver and Chambers will likely jockey for the #13 position, assuming Favre returns. Kennison could also make a push.

I'm also neglecting to add one-hit (...or two-hit, if you will) wonders like Galloway and Glenn.

USA Today
No wonder players and trainers were buzzing here because Wisconsin receiver Chris Chambers had a 42-inch vertical leap last week. With a sub-4.4 time in the 40-yard dash, Chambers might secure a first-round slot with impressive workouts before NFL scouts.

USA Today

No wonder players and trainers were buzzing here because Wisconsin receiver Chris Chambers had a 42-inch vertical leap last week. With a sub-4.4 time in the 40-yard dash, Chambers might secure a first-round slot with impressive workouts before NFL scouts.
http://www2.jsonline.com/badger/fb/mar01/b...sp?format=printAt the combine in Indianapolis last month, the 6-foot, 205-pound Chambers didn't run the 40-yard dash, but he performed a vertical leap of 45 inches, which is believed to be a combine record. Thus, he went into this workout hoping to prove just one thing.

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2001 mia | 16 | 1 -11 -11.0 0 | 48 883 18.4 7 || 2002 mia | 15 | 6 78 13.0 0 | 52 734 14.1 3 || 2003 mia | 16 | 4 30 7.5 0 | 64 963 15.0 11 || 2004 mia | 15 | 9 76 8.4 0 | 69 898 13.0 7 || 2005 mia | 16 | 12 92 7.7 0 | 82 1118 13.6 11 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| TOTAL | 78 | 32 265 8.3 0 | 315 4596 14.6 39 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+Chambers reception totals have climbed every year he's been in the league and he's put up 11, 7 and 11 TDs the last three seasons. Last year was the first time he was in a system that made the best use of his talents and it resulted in his first 1000 yard season. That's something he's been capable of doing the past 3 years. If he wasn't stuck in Dave Wanstedt's offense and was playing with a QB more talented than Jay Feidler than Chambers would have had 75-85 receptions the last 3 years with 1000+ yards and 8-12 TDs.With a healthy Culpepper, Chambers would have a great season. With Harrington I don't know what to expect. If they had someone like Kerry Collins though I think you could expect Chambers to match last years numbers.

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2001 mia |  16 |     1    -11  -11.0    0 |    48    883  18.4    7 || 2002 mia |  15 |     6     78   13.0    0 |    52    734  14.1    3 || 2003 mia |  16 |     4     30    7.5    0 |    64    963  15.0   11 || 2004 mia |  15 |     9     76    8.4    0 |    69    898  13.0    7 || 2005 mia |  16 |    12     92    7.7    0 |    82   1118  13.6   11 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  78 |    32    265    8.3    0 |   315   4596  14.6   39 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+Chambers reception totals have climbed every year he's been in the league and he's put up 11, 7 and 11 TDs the last three seasons. Last year was the first time he was in a system that made the best use of his talents and it resulted in his first 1000 yard season. That's something he's been capable of doing the past 3 years. If he wasn't stuck in Dave Wanstedt's offense and was playing with a QB more talented than Jay Feidler than Chambers would have had 75-85 receptions the last 3 years with 1000+ yards and 8-12 TDs.With a healthy Culpepper, Chambers would have a great season. With Harrington I don't know what to expect. If they had someone like Kerry Collins though I think you could expect Chambers to match last years numbers.
How many home games do the Fins have in December?IIRC He's one of the NFL WRs that struggles most in cold weather

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2001 mia | 16 | 1 -11 -11.0 0 | 48 883 18.4 7 || 2002 mia | 15 | 6 78 13.0 0 | 52 734 14.1 3 || 2003 mia | 16 | 4 30 7.5 0 | 64 963 15.0 11 || 2004 mia | 15 | 9 76 8.4 0 | 69 898 13.0 7 || 2005 mia | 16 | 12 92 7.7 0 | 82 1118 13.6 11 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| TOTAL | 78 | 32 265 8.3 0 | 315 4596 14.6 39 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+Chambers reception totals have climbed every year he's been in the league and he's put up 11, 7 and 11 TDs the last three seasons. Last year was the first time he was in a system that made the best use of his talents and it resulted in his first 1000 yard season. That's something he's been capable of doing the past 3 years. If he wasn't stuck in Dave Wanstedt's offense and was playing with a QB more talented than Jay Feidler than Chambers would have had 75-85 receptions the last 3 years with 1000+ yards and 8-12 TDs.With a healthy Culpepper, Chambers would have a great season. With Harrington I don't know what to expect. If they had someone like Kerry Collins though I think you could expect Chambers to match last years numbers.
How many home games do the Fins have in December?IIRC He's one of the NFL WRs that struggles most in cold weather
Is there a site that can show stats for this? I'm pretty sure there is, just don't remember which one.

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2001 mia |  16 |     1    -11  -11.0    0 |    48    883  18.4    7 || 2002 mia |  15 |     6     78   13.0    0 |    52    734  14.1    3 || 2003 mia |  16 |     4     30    7.5    0 |    64    963  15.0   11 || 2004 mia |  15 |     9     76    8.4    0 |    69    898  13.0    7 || 2005 mia |  16 |    12     92    7.7    0 |    82   1118  13.6   11 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  78 |    32    265    8.3    0 |   315   4596  14.6   39 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+Chambers reception totals have climbed every year he's been in the league and he's put up 11, 7 and 11 TDs the last three seasons. Last year was the first time he was in a system that made the best use of his talents and it resulted in his first 1000 yard season. That's something he's been capable of doing the past 3 years. If he wasn't stuck in Dave Wanstedt's offense and was playing with a QB more talented than Jay Feidler than Chambers would have had 75-85 receptions the last 3 years with 1000+ yards and 8-12 TDs.With a healthy Culpepper, Chambers would have a great season. With Harrington I don't know what to expect. If they had someone like Kerry Collins though I think you could expect Chambers to match last years numbers.
Is there a site that can show stats for this? I'm pretty sure there is, just don't remember which one.
I use NFL.com for this, but can only see one player at a time. Here is Chambers': http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235203/gamelogs/2005

Here is the pro football reference version:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/game...amCh00.htm#2005

Is there a site that can show stats for this?  I'm pretty sure there is, just don't remember which one.
Someone did a study once. I can't find it.Stats.com has him at 5 for 75 yards in temps under 40 last year and 5 for 47 yards the year before but....

I use NFL.com for this, but can only see one player at a time. Here is Chambers': http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235203/gamelogs/2005

Here is the pro football reference version:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/game...amCh00.htm#2005
I guess that works, but what I really meant was that I thought I had seen one that actually had something like "games under 32 degrees" or some crap like that.

I do. Unlike past seasons where theres been a clear elite group of receivers, this year the situation is much more murky. Traditional super studs like Harrison and Moss have been slowed by age/injuries, while Terrell Owens is in a new offense. In contrast, Chambers is young, athletic and is the main threat on a very balanced offense. Much like Torry Holt, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith, he has the potential to be the unquestioned leader in the passing game. If Fitz/Boldin cancel each other out (always a possibility), I can see Chambers sliding into the top 5.C JohnsonS SmithT HoltOwensChambers

I do. Unlike past seasons where theres been a clear elite group of receivers, this year the situation is much more murky. Traditional super studs like Harrison and Moss have been slowed by age/injuries, while Terrell Owens is in a new offense. In contrast, Chambers is young, athletic and is the main threat on a very balanced offense. Much like Torry Holt, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith, he has the potential to be the unquestioned leader in the passing game. If Fitz/Boldin cancel each other out (always a possibility), I can see Chambers sliding into the top 5.C JohnsonS SmithT HoltOwensChambers

How exactly has Harrison been slowed by age/injury? Unless you're prognosticating here.....

Evilgrin 72 said:
Native said:

How exactly has Harrison been slowed by age/injury? Unless you're prognosticating here.....
Sorry, doing two things at once. :bag: Let me clarify:1) Moss was once considered a sure-fire top three WR, but has been slowed by injuries the last two years.2) Harrison was once considered a sure-fire top three WR, but a combination of factors (age, Reggie Wayne, feel free to sepculate the reason for his relative decline) have caused him to drop out of the top 3. More likely hes a top 5-7 guy this year. Thats how I see it anyway.My whole point was that the upper tier of WR's seem to have come back to the pack a bit. Even TO's situation is somewhat up in the air after switching teams. Chambers has a chance to make up some ground on these guys this year.

But is there any reason to believe that Chambers could also regress a little bit this season?

I know Chambers had a very good year last year - although he seemed to get his points in sporadic bunches - but my concern with Chambers is that (a) he hasn't really done it more than once; (b) the Dolphin offense is promising but completely unproven as an elite offense; © Culpepper is a HUGE question mark with that knee getting reinjured; and (d) Harrington is garbage.

None of that is to say Chambers won't be a Top 5 guy or a Top 10 guy. But for a guy who hasn't really proved that he's in that group in the first place, there just seem like there are a number of question marks.

Compare Chambers to, say, Reggie Wayne. With Wayne, you know Marvin is going to be a presence so perhaps his upside is slightly capped relative to Chambers. But Wayne doesn't have all those question marks.

Just a thought. Not dogging Chambers in the least. I like him. I just wonder whether he's as surefire as many think.

Users who are viewing this thread