What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Chambers (1 Viewer)

Like Lee Evans (and Andre Johnson coming into this year), he just needs to be given the opportunity. The potential is there for a fantasy WR1, just not the QB/system in place to feature him.

Like Lee Evans (and Andre Johnson coming into this year), he just needs to be given the opportunity. The potential is there for a fantasy WR1, just not the QB/system in place to feature him.
I don't think you can fairly say that Chambers has not had opportunity. Until this year Chamber has gotten all the opportunity and been somewhat successful with that. This year he is still 5th in targets but his catch percentage is so low that he has not being doing as much as his contemporaries with the high number of targets. This is not somthing new with Chris Chambers.Chris Chambers2004 138 targets 69catches 50%catch% 898yards 7 TD2005 164 targets 82catches 50%catch% 1087yards 11TD2006 98 targets 42catches 43%catch% 467 yards 4 TDCompared to:Andre Johnson2004 138targets 79catches 57%catch% 1,142yards 6TD2005 113targets 62catches 55%catch% 664yards 2TD 2006 108targets 72catches 67%catch% 864yards 4TD This year Chambers has 10 less targets (a product of not converting 3rd downs) than Johnson but almost 400 less yards. Is David Carr and Texans Oline that much better than Harrington and Dolphins Oline? Is the coach and system that much better in Houston than Miami? Or is Chambers just not as consistent a WR?I believe is it Chambers not what surrounds him.

Week 12 target data for Miami @ DET:

Booker, Marty (WR) 8targets 7catches 115yards 2TD

Chambers, Chris (WR) 7target 2catches 23yards

Welker, Wes (WR) 5targets 5catches 42yards

McMichael, Randy (TE) 4targets 3catches 25yards 1TD

I don't think there is any way to explain this anymore except Chris Chambers sucks. Detroit is a sorry pass defense and they had at least 2 starters out with injury. None of the other Miami recievers had any problem catching the ball. Just Chambers.

How can this guy keep getting so many targets when he so rarely produces anything from them?

Chambers is still tied for 7th in the league in total targets (105) with Roy Williams. But he has only caught 42% of the targets thrown to him. :thumbdown:

I haven't seen enough of the Dolphins games to understand why Chambers isn't producing, but the way I look at it, Chris is going to be a solid value pick next year if it continues.

Users who are viewing this thread