What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Harper Changed to TE (1 Viewer)

Doubledown1313

Footballguy
In the recent MFL updates Chris Harper for San Fran has been moved to TE. San Fran has been talking about using him like Delanie Walker last year. Is there some sneaky value here being that Harper is really a WR on a team that needs ball catchers?

How much value did Walker hold with the Niners? Good all around player, SFs version of MReece across the bay, but he had hands of stone last year. More value as a blocker while letting VDavis run loose. Could become an important offensive cog, but the position would be hard to valueize for Harper

Interesting that they designated him as a TE. But no this will not make him more valuable when he won't see the field much behind Davis and Mini Ditka.

Rotoworld:

49ers waived TE/WR Chris Harper.
A fourth-round pick of the Seahawks in April's draft, this is the second time in six weeks that Harper's been waived. He had yet to be active for the 49ers. Standing in at 6-foot-1, 229 pounds with 4.55 speed, it's possible Harper will end up a "tweener" without a true NFL position.

Related: 49ers

Don't regret drafting him. Just regret drafting him with 2nd rounders. Reach that high.

Should've set off more alarm bells when he fell to the late 4th.

Interesting experiment, but probably too big for his own good. Did notice that he ran heavy like he had a dookie in his pants at times, but still felt he was an interesting proposition as a big body possession guy for Russell Wilson. Experiment failed. Lesson learned. On to the next one.

Don't regret drafting him. Just regret drafting him with 2nd rounders. Reach that high.

Interesting experiment, but probably too big for his own good. Did notice that he ran heavy like he had a dookie in his pants at times, but still felt he was an interesting proposition as a big body possession guy for Russell Wilson. Experiment failed. Lesson learned. On to the next one.
It definitely is another data point to think about when looking at prospects with non-ideal/normal frames for a position.

Something to think about when Antwan Goodley comes along. Although I have no doubt that he'll destroy the combine, so maybe he's not the best example.

It definitely is another data point to think about when looking at prospects with non-ideal/normal frames for a position.

Something to think about when Antwan Goodley comes along. Although I have no doubt that he'll destroy the combine, so maybe he's not the best example.
I still think it can work if they have the right burst. Harper had a weak broad jump (9'8") and that was one red flag, along with the fact that he didn't really pop for me in the drills at the combine. Like I said, he seemed to run a little heavy. I overlooked it because I liked his game cuts, but he wasn't explosive enough. I think that was his fatal flaw. Just didn't have the suddenness that he needed in his routes. Probably a direct result of his weight being so high.

I'll be putting more emphasis on the combine receiving drills next draft cycle. It's a great opportunity to see these players on a level playing field where they can't hide their flaws. Almost all of the guys who shined brightest there last year have acclimated pretty well to the NFL (Hopkins, Woods, Sanders). Only Boyce has been a disappointment.

His best bet is to move to Fullback in a role similar to Marcel Reece, who he reminds me most of, at least, from a physical aspect.

:popcorn:

Packers claimed WR/TE Chris Harper off waivers from the 49ers.
The Niners tried turning Harper into a Delanie Walker-like fullback, but the Packers will likely move him back to wideout due to their array of receiver injuries. Harper was the 123rd overall pick in April's draft. Oct 18 - 4:29 PM
Source: Bill Williamson on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

The Packers confirmed they'll use Chris Harper as a wide receiver.
The 49ers tried to turn Harper into an H-back before waiving him last week. The Packers put in a claim for the fourth-round rookie out of Kansas State. Harper contributed eight snaps on special teams against the Browns and will not try to get up to speed in the receiver playbook. He'll battle Myles White on the thinned-out depth chart.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Users who are viewing this thread