What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Henry Returns in week 5, is he worth anything (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
:thumbdown:

Chris Henry, Cin WR returns in week 5. The Cinny Offense isn't doing anything right now, is he worth anything at this point.

85 is one hit away from being out for the season. Yeah yeah, so is every player. But 85 just has to land the wrong way and he's done. That's more common than a severe injury.

In that sense, Henry is valuable as a handcuff to 85.

85 is one hit away from being out for the season. Yeah yeah, so is every player. But 85 just has to land the wrong way and he's done. That's more common than a severe injury.In that sense, Henry is valuable as a handcuff to 85.
Nonsense. Henry gets his in 3WR sets. Doesn't matter if an ineffective Ocho Cinco is on the field or not. Granted, as soon as Chad gets laid out and takes a hit on his shoulders there will be even more targets for Henry. The risk? Obviously a player that defines implosion on a team waiting to implode. Ugly environment. But no defense, always playing from behind, capable QB who likes him, big time skills. So yeah, he's worth something. I'm hoping he can be my WR3 from week 5 on out.

85 is one hit away from being out for the season. Yeah yeah, so is every player. But 85 just has to land the wrong way and he's done. That's more common than a severe injury.In that sense, Henry is valuable as a handcuff to 85.
Nonsense. Henry gets his in 3WR sets. Doesn't matter if an ineffective Ocho Cinco is on the field or not. Granted, as soon as Chad gets laid out and takes a hit on his shoulders there will be even more targets for Henry. The risk? Obviously a player that defines implosion on a team waiting to implode. Ugly environment. But no defense, always playing from behind, capable QB who likes him, big time skills. So yeah, he's worth something. I'm hoping he can be my WR3 from week 5 on out.
I agree I got him late in a 14 teamer where most guys were taking back up kickers (no waiver wire) and defenses, I cant be happier Im hoping it will make up for taking vernon davis in the 10th round... :thumbdown:

Engram is my number 1 WW target tonight, but I'm afraid I waited too long to pull the trigger on him and others will see he's out there. If I can't get him or Antonio Bryant, Henry may be my Plan B.

Looking at Henry as well. WW targets at WR are between Henry, Engram, Lloyd, and Meachum. Would have to release Patten to get one of them. Still debating, but for the reasons mentioned above, Henry may provide the greatest upside.....or, he can revert back to his old ways, and be off my squad in 2 weeks.

I am hoping to get Engram first off my WW, namely because due to some stupidity (and a slot value I couldn't pass up), I have 2 of 3 starting WRs on bye this week. If I can't get him off, Plan B is to see how Meachum handles the week. Henry is my Plan C is Meachum has me looking for any sharp object this weekend.

Looking at Henry as well. WW targets at WR are between Henry, Engram, Lloyd, and Meachum. Would have to release Patten to get one of them. Still debating, but for the reasons mentioned above, Henry may provide the greatest upside.....or, he can revert back to his old ways, and be off my squad in 2 weeks.
I'm dropping patten for henry this week. Patten is banged up, hasn't done much, and Colston will eventually return. Right now henry has the most upside vs. patten.

The guy is a bum on a team that is hopelessly dysfunctional.

If you are dying at the WR position because you have Moss, Colston & Holt, why even bother with Henry?

He's not really a high reception guy as the WR3 of the Bengals, but Palmer will usually try to throw a bomb or two for him during a game. Henry might finish a game with a few receptions for meager yardage but he always has the potential for an occasional 40-50 yd TD catch.

The guy is a bum on a team that is hopelessly dysfunctional. If you are dying at the WR position because you have Moss, Colston & Holt, why even bother with Henry?
because this is fantasy football and he will score points - probably more than Chad has thusfar and Henry could prove a very good pick up. God I hate insufferably condescending posts like this. nothing but piss in the pool.

Let's see....................17 career TD's on 88 career receptions..................19% clip.

I'd say that's worthy of a WW move right about now.

As Cincy's WR3, when not suspended, he produces. Big time. Palmer is always looking downfield for Henry, yet opposing teams seem to forget he's there.

Users who are viewing this thread