What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Wesseling Dynasty Ranking for QBs (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Link

Quarterbacks

Tier One

1. Aaron Rodgers, Packers | Age: 26.9 – Five years younger than Brees, eight years younger than Manning, and already outproducing both with just as many weapons. The best playmaking QB in the league.

2. Drew Brees, Saints | Age: 31.8 – The most accurate QB in the game, Brees enjoys a domefield advantage and has plenty of weapons plus a creative playcaller.

3. Peyton Manning, Colts | Age: 34.6 – You can set your watch by Manning finishing in the Top-5. The emergence of Garcon and Collie to go with Wayne, Clark and wildcard Gonzalez maintains stability for future years.

4. Philip Rivers, Chargers | Age: 28.9 – The Chargers have morphed into a pass-first offense behind the All-Pro caliber play of Rivers, V-Jax, and Gates. Rivers is the best in the league at throwing past the sticks on third down, rarely settling for a dumpoff.

Tier Two

5. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers | Age: 28.6 – If not for the concussion history and the uncertain future of coordinator Bruce Arians, Big Ben would be in the big tent with the fantasy masters. He's certainly in the conversation for best NFL QB.

6. Tony Romo, Cowboys | Age: 30.5 – Miles Austin's emergence as a true playmaking No. 1 has Romo on the rise again. Perhaps his strong finish will finally earn him a scrutiny-free vacation in 2010.

7. Tom Brady, Patriots | Age: 33.1 - Will be another year removed from knee surgery next year, but he's suddenly in dire need of an influx of offensive weapons at age 33.

8. Matt Schaub, Texans | Age: 29.3 – The next Marc Bulger? May be missing the "it" factor, but he can put up elite numbers in a four-year window.

9. Matt Ryan, Falcons | Age: 25.4 – The No. 1 quarterback buy of the upcoming offseason, Ryan's 2009 metrics in a "disappointing" season suggest he remains a rising star.

10. Joe Flacco, Ravens | Age: 25.8 – The fantasy success hasn't arrived yet, but it's on the way. Flacco's 6,584 passing yards through two seasons are the fifth-most in NFL history behind only Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Drew Bledsoe, and Jeff Garcia.

Tier Three

11. Jay Cutler, Bears | Age: 27.5 – Prototypical million-dollar arm, five-cent head, but the Bears offense has nowhere to go but up in 2010. Cutler doesn't offer much long-term stability on the Jeff George career path, but he should be a fine buy-low for the 2010 season.

12. Eli Manning, Giants | Age: 29.8 – Career year in 2009 with the influx of young receiving talent. Can he stay above 60 percent on completions and avoid the late-season doldrums?

13. Donovan McNabb, Eagles | Age: 33.10 – Aging, streaky QB with explosive young weapons in the passing game and an annoying habit of losing accuracy for stretches. Another extension in Philly would be nice.

14. Vince Young, Titans | Age: 27.4 – The comeback from the brink of a wasted career was surprising enough, but an even more shocking development occurred when Young brought the deep ball back in Tennessee. While he still needs work on his mechanics and accuracy, VY's second term begins with more explosive offensive talent than the Titans have had in the past decade.

Tier Four

15. Matthew Stafford, Lions | Age: 22.7 – Stafford took a beating in his rookie season, but he also earned the respect of his coaches and teammates as a team leader with a cannon arm, toughness, and poise. An upgraded offensive line and legit No. 2 receiver would do wonders for his production.

16. Chad Henne, Dolphins | Age: 25.2 – Henne struggled with ill-timed interceptions, a below average feel for the pass rush, and a waxing-and-waning accuracy in his 13 starts. On the flip side, he absolutely has the arm, the intangibles, and the penchant for rising to the occasion.

17. Mark Sanchez, Jets | Age: 23.10 - Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is talking up a recent "transformation" in his rookie QB, and Sanchez gets credit for his best performance in the biggest game of the year. He has the confidence, toughness, and intelligence to be a true building block, but can he stay healthy?

18. Brett Favre, Vikings | Age: 40.11 – Why retire now? Coming off arguably the most impressive regular season of his career, Favre is enjoying more playmaking offensive weapons than he's ever had at his disposal.

19. Kurt Warner, Cardinals | Age: 39.3 – I'm not buying the retirement talk just yet. Warner is healthy, can obviously still play and is signed through another year where the Cardinals will be considered the favorites in the NFC West.

20. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers | Age: 22.8 – The athleticism and arm strength were expected, but Freeman also showed surprising accuracy. If he can learn to hold onto the ball, he may survive the lack of surrounding talent.

Tier Five

21. Carson Palmer, Bengals | Age: 30.8 – Bypassed Eli Manning as the most over-rated player in the league in 2009. Whether it's an arm injury or simply a mechanical issue, he's morphed into a less accurate Chad Pennington.

22. David Garrard, Jaguars | Age: 32.7 – Check out his home/road splits from 2009. There wasn't a more a Jekyll-and-Hyde QB in the league last year. While it's true that he got little help from his offensive line, Garrard has reached the point where his franchise has checked out of the relationship emotionally. The grass is greener on Tebow's side.

23. Jason Campbell. Redskins | Age: 28.9 – Would like to see what he could do with a fresh start behind a solid offensive line and 2-3 years in the same offensive system. Statistically, he's coming off the best season of his career when everything crumpled around him.

24. Michael Vick, Eagles | Age: 30.3 – Good chance he has his own starting job in 2010. How much is left of the pre-prison magic?

25. Matt Cassel, Chiefs | Age: 28.4 – A bust in his first season as the Chiefs' franchise quarterback, Cassel has reason for hope with offensive cornerstones Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe. Improvement up front is a must.

26. Kyle Orton, Broncos | Age: 27.10 – Having Orton as your starting quarterback is the NFL equivalent of purgatory. The Broncos are biding their time until something better comes along.

27. Kevin Kolb, Eagles | Age: 26.1 – How long until he gets his shot? Kolb was better than expected in two early-season starts, but it's worth pointing out that his numbers were padded in garbage time against the Saints while DeSean Jackson did the heavy lifting against a decrepit Chiefs defense. Kolb's value as a potential starter remains mostly guesswork.

28. Matt Moore, Panthers | Age: 26.1 – If only he had a started for the Panthers all year. The coaching staff finally began trusting Moore down the stretch, and he rewarded them with an impressive 4-1 finish. Now 7-3 as a starter, Moore is the favorite to enter 2010 as Carolina's quarterback.

Tier Six

29. Alex Smith, 49ers | Age: 26.4 – Despite intermittent progress in the second half, the 49ers are kidding themselves if they believe they can seriously contend with Smith at QB in 2010.

30. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks | Age: 35.0 – It's hard to separate Hasselbeck from the poor play of his offensive line and wide receivers, but it's obvious that he's on a steep decline.

31. Matt Leinart, Cardinals | Age: 27.4 – His work in relief of Warner the past few seasons hasn't exactly inspired confidence. The Cardinals may seek competition for Leinart if Warner retires.

32. Brady Quinn, Browns | Age: 25.11 – Accuracy implies consistency, which is severely missing in Quinn's game. Even with the career game against the Lions, Quinn still managed just a 53.1 completion rate and 5.23 yards per attempt. Holmgren can't head into 2010 with Quinn as his only viable option at quarterback.

Tier Seven

33. Nate Davis, 49ers | Age: 23.4 – Outplayed Alex Smith and Shaun Hill in preseason action last summer. Unless the Niners draft a QB this April, there's more chafe than wheat in front of him in San Francisco.

34. Dennis Dixon, Steelers | Age: 25.8 – Showed enough promise in his one start to believe he could end up starting elsewhere down the road.

35. Tarvaris Jackson, Vikings | Age: 27.5 – Likely a restricted free agent for the Vikings. Will Favre be back?

36. Sage Rosenfels, Vikings | Age: 32.6 – Unlike Jackson, he's signed through 2011 and could be a starter by default if Favre retires.

37. Chad Pennington, Free Agent | Age: 34.3 – Leaning toward playing again in 2010, but not a great bet for fantasy value even if he does win a starting job in his new home.

38. Marc Bulger, Rams | Age: 33.5 – Wants to stay in St. Louis, but the Rams are ready to turn the page. Defensive coordinators know he can no longer avoid the blitz.

39. Trent Edwards, Bills | Age: 26.11 – Injury-prone checkdown master lacking in confidence. His starting days are over.

40. Josh Johnson, Buccaneers | Age: 24.4 – Still raw but has the requisite talent and skills to resurface down the line.

41. Troy Smith, Ravens | Age: 26.2 – Pushing for a trade out of Baltimore, but what do the Ravens have to gain by giving up their Flacco insurance?

42. Bruce Gradkowski, Raiders | Age: 27.8 – A third-stringer who looks good only in comparison to JaMarcus Russell. Completed just 54.7 of his passes in 2009, which qualified him for offensive savior for a month.

43. Seneca Wallace, Seahawks | Age: 30.1 – Could he hold down the fort for the QB of the future if Hasselbeck is traded?

44. Jake Delhomme, Panthers | Age: 35.8 – Had a hard time throwing with a fork sticking out of his back at age 34. Delhomme can't beat out Matt Moore in a fair competition.

45. Pat White, Dolphins | Age: 24.7 – Showed nothing as a rookie that would lead one to believe he has a future as an NFL starting QB.

46. Derek Anderson, Browns | Age: 27.3 – With a career 52.9 completion rate, Anderson isn't the answer in Cleveland or anywhere else.

47. Brian Brohm, Bills | Age: 25.0 – An unmitigated disaster in Green Bay, but surprisingly wasn't a flat-out overwhelmed basket case in his late-season start with the Bills. He's obviously set the standards incredibly low.

48. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills | Age: 27.10 – He somehow manages to stumble into significant playing time, where he stands constantly on the verge of getting pulled for the guy just signed off the street.

49. Kerry Collins, Titans | Age: 37.9 – Given too long of a rope with the Titans in 2009. It won't happen again even if he leaves Tennessee.

50. JaMarcus Russell, Raiders | Age: 25.1 – What a pathetic excuse for an NFL player. With a lack of commitment, work ethic, maturity, and perspective, he's going the way of Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter!

The ranking of McNabb only one spot ahead of VYoung is very .................................... interesting.

Stafford looks a bit too low to me on that list. Can't say I'd take Vince Young or Eli over him.
I would agree, but I think that is situation-based over talent. At least Eli and Vince have OLines which keep them from getting killed...

17. Mark Sanchez, Jets | Age: 23.10 - Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is talking up a recent "transformation" in his rookie QB, and Sanchez gets credit for his best performance in the biggest game of the year. He has the confidence, toughness, and intelligence to be a true building block, but can he stay healthy?
I thought this was a pretty odd comment.

I got Stafford and Sanchez in the next tier and ahead of Vince Young. McNabb I got in with Brett/WArner almost. I think his career is coming to a close soon. He is useful for a contending team only as would be Brett/Warner at this point

So many have already passed judgement on Cutler. I see mentioned with Jeff George all the time. I'm not ready to drop him that far yet.

Yeah, so did I at first.I guess he's taking into account Sanchez's penchant for throwing himself into harm's way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, so did I at first.I guess he's taking into account Sanchez's penchant for throwing himself into harm's way.
He's already had issues with both knees as a rookie after dislocating his kneecap in college. It's not a major concern, but it's certainly something to keep an eye on.

kevin kolb is going to jump way ahead of chad henne if

1) kolb stays in philly and

2) becomes the starter

weapons/offensive philosophy really need to be taken into account.

kevin kolb is going to jump way ahead of chad henne if 1) kolb stays in philly and 2) becomes the starterweapons/offensive philosophy really need to be taken into account.
And the chances of that happening are small at best.
I wouldn't call the chances small, though I would put it at less than 50%, like 35-40%. What Reid said in Monday's presser about McNabb being the starter is meaningless. It all comes down to whether the Eagles extend McNabb's contract in the next couple months - he's not going to play out 2010 on a one-year deal. The fact that they didn't extend McNabb last year (while extending Reid this year) is somewhat telling. Kolb is as much Reid's guy as McNabb is. Kolb looked good in limited action as a starter, plus the Eagles essentially traded Anthony Spencer for Kolb, so there will be pressure to give him a shot at some point. They're not going to let McNabb and Kolb compete for the job in camp on dual one-year contracts, so they'll either trade McNabb and hand the job over to Kolb (with an extension), extend McNabb and try to trade Kolb, which could possibly land Kolb a starting job, or worst case, McNabb gets extended, Kolb stays in 2010 as (a very disgruntled) #2, and he goes FA in 2011 and has a shot at a starting job then.IMO Kolb is an intriguing dynasty play for 2010 and beyond no matter what happens.

So many have already passed judgement on Cutler. I see mentioned with Jeff George all the time. I'm not ready to drop him that far yet.
Besides, for all of George's faults, he was a fantasy STUD when he played. Unless you think Cutler is losing his job anytime soon, there are much worse things than being Jeff George v2.0.

Regardless, as it stands right now, no way should he be as high as 11.
Cutler had a bad year on a lot of levels, but he's still a guy who has mostly been a good QB in the NFL. He's young and has produced as a fantasy star before, and I think last season is probably his floor in Chicago.

Cutler had a bad year on a lot of levels, but he's still a guy who has mostly been a good QB in the NFL. He's young and has produced as a fantasy star before, and I think last season is probably his floor in Chicago.
I agree. Like nearly every year I will probably go QB late and snag a Ryan/Cutler or similar combo. Great stuff BTW F&L. Always top notch.

Good read, some thoughts...

1. Russell is too high

2. Cutler is too low

3. People are still rating Flacco just below Ryan even though he's outperformed him for the last year and a half. And I still say Ryan has had the better surrounding cast (dome, stud WR, best TE ever, bell cow RB) though Flacco's team took a big step forward and will probably continue to do so.

4. Favre and Warner are all sell if you can get anyone in that range IMO. How are they both better dynasty prospects than

Freeman, who is decades younger, has first round pedigree (well at least TB thought so), and played about as well as you could have expected given his circumstances? Freeman is a lottery ticket, sure. But Favre and Warner are expired coupons.

5. How is Vick rated that high? I'd need some idea of where he might be starting before I'd put him that high. It's far from a guarantee that he's even going to be a starter again. Is he better than at least a handful of the QBs in this league? Sure. But the real question is do those teams have systems where he could be effective? Or are they willing to adapt there systems to fit his abilities.

6. Seneca Wallace & Bruce Gradkowski are too low. I think these guys have shown flashes of ability, and in Gradkowski's case, really earned the respect of his coach/teammates. They could end up with a starting job sometime in the future. At least rank them ahead of guys like Delhomme and Bulger who don't have any good football left in them.

Good read, some thoughts...1. Russell is too high2. Cutler is too low3. People are still rating Flacco just below Ryan even though he's outperformed him for the last year and a half. And I still say Ryan has had the better surrounding cast (dome, stud WR, best TE ever, bell cow RB) though Flacco's team took a big step forward and will probably continue to do so. 4. Favre and Warner are all sell if you can get anyone in that range IMO. How are they both better dynasty prospects than Freeman, who is decades younger, has first round pedigree (well at least TB thought so), and played about as well as you could have expected given his circumstances? Freeman is a lottery ticket, sure. But Favre and Warner are expired coupons. 5. How is Vick rated that high? I'd need some idea of where he might be starting before I'd put him that high. It's far from a guarantee that he's even going to be a starter again. Is he better than at least a handful of the QBs in this league? Sure. But the real question is do those teams have systems where he could be effective? Or are they willing to adapt there systems to fit his abilities. 6. Seneca Wallace & Bruce Gradkowski are too low. I think these guys have shown flashes of ability, and in Gradkowski's case, really earned the respect of his coach/teammates. They could end up with a starting job sometime in the future. At least rank them ahead of guys like Delhomme and Bulger who don't have any good football left in them.
1. No argument here.2. I'm not a believer. He's a headcase, an interception machine, a poor decision maker, and the worst red-zone QB in the league.3. Good point. We'll see. I have all the confidence in the world in Matt Ryan.4. It depends how your QB situation looks. If you don't have an elite QB, it makes far more sense to take a flier on Favre or Warner playing in 2010 when they could be an every-week starter. Freeman may never reach that status. If you're set at QB with a stud, then sure, bring Freeman up through the minors. Personally, I'd much rather have Favre or Warner considering their current level of play.5. Because Vick has been a Top-5 fantasy QB in the past, and he has the talent to be a weekly asset once again. Is he a sure thing? No. That's why he's not ranked higher. 6. Possibly Wallace, though he's unlikely to ever have a starting job. Gradkowski isn't even a good backup, which is why he's been cut so many times. If he lucks into a starting job on a desperate team, he's not a good enough passer to stay there longer than a month or two.

Good read, some thoughts...1. Russell is too high2. Cutler is too low3. People are still rating Flacco just below Ryan even though he's outperformed him for the last year and a half. And I still say Ryan has had the better surrounding cast (dome, stud WR, best TE ever, bell cow RB) though Flacco's team took a big step forward and will probably continue to do so. 4. Favre and Warner are all sell if you can get anyone in that range IMO. How are they both better dynasty prospects than Freeman, who is decades younger, has first round pedigree (well at least TB thought so), and played about as well as you could have expected given his circumstances? Freeman is a lottery ticket, sure. But Favre and Warner are expired coupons. 5. How is Vick rated that high? I'd need some idea of where he might be starting before I'd put him that high. It's far from a guarantee that he's even going to be a starter again. Is he better than at least a handful of the QBs in this league? Sure. But the real question is do those teams have systems where he could be effective? Or are they willing to adapt there systems to fit his abilities. 6. Seneca Wallace & Bruce Gradkowski are too low. I think these guys have shown flashes of ability, and in Gradkowski's case, really earned the respect of his coach/teammates. They could end up with a starting job sometime in the future. At least rank them ahead of guys like Delhomme and Bulger who don't have any good football left in them.
1. No argument here.2. I'm not a believer. He's a headcase, an interception machine, a poor decision maker, and the worst red-zone QB in the league.3. Good point. We'll see. I have all the confidence in the world in Matt Ryan.4. It depends how your QB situation looks. If you don't have an elite QB, it makes far more sense to take a flier on Favre or Warner playing in 2010 when they could be an every-week starter. Freeman may never reach that status. If you're set at QB with a stud, then sure, bring Freeman up through the minors. Personally, I'd much rather have Favre or Warner considering their current level of play.5. Because Vick has been a Top-5 fantasy QB in the past, and he has the talent to be a weekly asset once again. Is he a sure thing? No. That's why he's not ranked higher. 6. Possibly Wallace, though he's unlikely to ever have a starting job. Gradkowski isn't even a good backup, which is why he's been cut so many times. If he lucks into a starting job on a desperate team, he's not a good enough passer to stay there longer than a month or two.
Thanks for the reply, a few things...-If you have a team that won't win it next year and Favre/Warner is your QB, you should be looking to trade. If you have a team that could win it next year and Favre/Warner is your QB, you should have been looking to trade months ago. I'd personally hate to go into the offseason sitting around wondering whether I'm going to have a QB or not. If I can get Freeman for him and make another deal to give me a stop-gap type of player, I'm going to do it.-Who do you see starting in Oakland next year? I think Gradkowski is much more than "not even a good backup" if you are talking in an NFL sense. But you probably aren't, and my mind shouldn't have wandered in that direction. Even if he gets a starting job, I'll agree that he's worthless in a fantasy sense.-With regard to Vick...If you can think of a single favorable situation that he could land in, then there is reason to hold out hope. But so far, lemme see...Oakland, Buffalo, Washington,...nope, I haven't thought of one. Am I overlooking the chance that he takes over in Philly? Takes over for Favre in Minnesota after learning the WCO for a year? I think it is far more likely that he stays in a roll like he had this year then any of those things. -You are probably right about Wallace, since Carroll will be taking over it doesn't look like he has a place in Seattle. Though I do think he's earned one.

3. People are still rating Flacco just below Ryan even though he's outperformed him for the last year and a half. And I still say Ryan has had the better surrounding cast (dome, stud WR, best TE ever, bell cow RB) though Flacco's team took a big step forward and will probably continue to do so.
Personally, I think they're ranked as they should be. Your statement of "outperformed" seems drastically out of line with actual results. Certainly, Ryan took a step backwards this year--as did most of Atlanta's offense--and Flacco took a step forwards. Let's take a peek at advanced metrics:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

2008 Ryan: 1167 DYAR, 30.9% DVOA

2008 Flacco: 384 DYAR, 2.4% DVOA

2009 Ryan: 830 DYAR, 16.5% DVOA

2009 Flacco: 829 DYAR, 13.2% DVOA

We have to remember that they're both second-year quarterbacks, and that inconsistency is going to be a major part of their game. Both of them seem to have bright futures, but at this point it's hard to call them anything but even.

Thanks for the reply, a few things...-If you have a team that won't win it next year and Favre/Warner is your QB, you should be looking to trade. If you have a team that could win it next year and Favre/Warner is your QB, you should have been looking to trade months ago. I'd personally hate to go into the offseason sitting around wondering whether I'm going to have a QB or not. If I can get Freeman for him and make another deal to give me a stop-gap type of player, I'm going to do it.-Who do you see starting in Oakland next year? I think Gradkowski is much more than "not even a good backup" if you are talking in an NFL sense. But you probably aren't, and my mind shouldn't have wandered in that direction. Even if he gets a starting job, I'll agree that he's worthless in a fantasy sense.-With regard to Vick...If you can think of a single favorable situation that he could land in, then there is reason to hold out hope. But so far, lemme see...Oakland, Buffalo, Washington,...nope, I haven't thought of one. Am I overlooking the chance that he takes over in Philly? Takes over for Favre in Minnesota after learning the WCO for a year? I think it is far more likely that he stays in a roll like he had this year then any of those things. -You are probably right about Wallace, since Carroll will be taking over it doesn't look like he has a place in Seattle. Though I do think he's earned one.
- I plan to compete for the title every year, and in doing so I value a guy who can finish Top-10 more than a guy who would never leave my bench even in an emergency. In my personal rankings, I have Warner/Favre much higher . . . but since these are public I tried to hone in my personal feelings a bit.- I have no idea who will be starting in Oakland. For the record, I was talking about NFL sense for Gradkowski. He's not a good enough passer, and he never has been. We're talking about a guy with a career completion percentage of 53.3 and a career YPA of 5.4. He couldn't top 55 percent last year when he was considered a savior for the Raiders. Oakland has set the standard so low that people actually believe Gradkowski is a legit NFL QB.- Situations change quickly in the NFL. If Gradkowski can do OK with the Raiders, there's no question Vick could. St. Louis with S-Jax, Laurent Robinson, Donnie Avery, Brandon Gibson and young talent on the O-Line isn't an awful situation. Those Atlanta teams were never the most talent-laden offensively, and he produced some great fantasy seasons there. I don't think he's a Wildcat specialist no matter where he goes. I think he's the starter.

F&L I am a huge fan, I think you know that, but the Flacco rating is waaaay overexuberant. He's a poor man's r'berger at the moment, and nowhere near Tom Brady, IMO. I already posted this on the dynasty thread.

Big Ben : one season over 3400 yards (and qb 8 or worse that season, this one). You drooled all over him 2-3 years prematurely too, and apparently didn't learn from it.

Brady's underrated, but maybe that sells popcorn?

He has mostly been good qb in fantasy. He has been a -- QB in real world NFL.

Big Ben : one season over 3400 yards (and qb 8 or worse that season, this one). You drooled all over him 2-3 years prematurely too, and apparently didn't learn from it.Brady's underrated, but maybe that sells popcorn?
How would I learn from Big Ben when I was more right about him than anyone else?Edit to add: Big Ben was QB3 this year, behind only Rodgers & Brees.Also, I love Brady. I'm a Brady owner. But that isn't the same offense anymore.

Qb3 when 5+ qb's had more yards AND td's?Dude, games missed COUNT? And week 17 doesn't?
I work in points per week since I play my opponent on a weekly basis. Big Ben finished No. 3 in points per week. If my QB misses a game, I get to plug a different QB into his spot.

Big Ben : one season over 3400 yards (and qb 8 or worse that season, this one). You drooled all over him 2-3 years prematurely too, and apparently didn't learn from it.Brady's underrated, but maybe that sells popcorn?
How would I learn from Big Ben when I was more right about him than anyone else?Edit to add: Big Ben was QB3 this year, behind only Rodgers & Brees.Also, I love Brady. I'm a Brady owner. But that isn't the same offense anymore.
:goodposting: on all three points.

Qb3 when 5+ qb's had more yards AND td's?Dude, games missed COUNT? And week 17 doesn't?
I work in points per week since I play my opponent on a weekly basis. Big Ben finished No. 3 in points per week. If my QB misses a game, I get to plug a different QB into his spot.
I won a title with Manning scoring ZERO in week 16 (<200 yards, 0 Td) this year. I had no other option as Brady Quinn (see what happens when I BET ON THE CUM!) hit IR that same week and waivers were done for the year...Any league that counts week 17 stats is a red herring.But bleat on about "ppw blah, blah"If you're matching Manning vs, Big Ben this year, you got your ### kicked on a week to week basis.Queue Flacco, and you're hearing "Not Fade Away"Hard to win on a yearly basis with a Qb that's not elite. If Flacco's your backup, then yeah, he's a go-getter. You rank him as a starter, and his lunch will be eaten in the near-perpetuity as such.

Quarterbacks

22. David Garrard, Jaguars | Age: 32.7 – Check out his home/road splits from 2009. There wasn't a more a Jekyll-and-Hyde QB in the league last year. While it's true that he got little help from his offensive line, Garrard has reached the point where his franchise has checked out of the relationship emotionally. The grass is greener on Tebow's side.
I won't disagree with the ranking, but is Tebow really a foregone conclusion?

Quarterbacks

Not at all, but the Jags were talking about drafting a QB of the future even last season.

Fear & Loathing said:
FUBAR said:
Quarterbacks

Not at all, but the Jags were talking about drafting a QB of the future even last season.
And the owner has already weighed in on the subject in favor of taking Tebow.

Choke said:
Homer said:
If you're matching Manning vs, Big Ben this year, you got your ### kicked on a week to week basis.
And he has Manning ranked higher. And he has Manning in a higher tier. Despite the '09 ppg ranking Chris is using.
Peyton Manning is a horse of a different color.Since his second season, Manning has finished in the Top-6 every single year. You can't put a price on that kind of stability and consistent fantasy excellence.

Homer said:
Fear & Loathing said:
Homer said:
Qb3 when 5+ qb's had more yards AND td's?

Dude, games missed COUNT? And week 17 doesn't?
I won a title with Manning scoring ZERO in week 16 (<200 yards, 0 Td) this year. I had no other option as Brady Quinn (see what happens when I BET ON THE CUM!) hit IR that same week and waivers were done for the year...Any league that counts week 17 stats is a red herring.

But bleat on about "ppw blah, blah"

If you're matching Manning vs, Big Ben this year, you got your ### kicked on a week to week basis.

Queue Flacco, and you're hearing "Not Fade Away"

Hard to win on a yearly basis with a Qb that's not elite. If Flacco's your backup, then yeah, he's a go-getter. You rank him as a starter, and his lunch will be eaten in the near-perpetuity as such.
Yeah! I mean, Manning outscored Big Ben almost half the time! Literally, Big Ben outscored Manning in 9 out of 17 weeks, or 8 out of 15 if you throw out their bye weeks. Though, we both know this is a silly way to compare QBs anyway. BTW, that is including the missed game, which is the only reason I see to keep Roethlisberger out of the top tier.

Do you have any reason to not like Flacco other than "he's not elite yet"? In Baltimore you have a declining defense and an ascending offense, a GM with a desire to add a top notch WR, and a top notch O-Line. Right now, Flacco is benefiting a lot from Ray Rice out of the backfield and an incredible running game. But, boy he throws a nice deep ball & has a lot of room to grow in a great situation.

Homer said:
Fear & Loathing said:
Homer said:
Qb3 when 5+ qb's had more yards AND td's?

Dude, games missed COUNT? And week 17 doesn't?
I won a title with Manning scoring ZERO in week 16 (<200 yards, 0 Td) this year. I had no other option as Brady Quinn (see what happens when I BET ON THE CUM!) hit IR that same week and waivers were done for the year...Any league that counts week 17 stats is a red herring.

But bleat on about "ppw blah, blah"

Queue Flacco, and you're hearing "Not Fade Away"

Hard to win on a yearly basis with a Qb that's not elite. If Flacco's your backup, then yeah, he's a go-getter. You rank him as a starter, and his lunch will be eaten in the near-perpetuity as such.
Yeah! I mean, Manning outscored Big Ben almost half the time! Literally, Big Ben outscored Manning in 9 out of 17 weeks, or 8 out of 15 if you throw out their bye weeks. Though, we both know this is a silly way to compare QBs anyway. BTW, that is including the missed game, which is the only reason I see to keep Roethlisberger out of the top tier.

Do you have any reason to not like Flacco other than "he's not elite yet"? In Baltimore you have a declining defense and an ascending offense, a GM with a desire to add a top notch WR, and a top notch O-Line. Right now, Flacco is benefiting a lot from Ray Rice out of the backfield and an incredible running game. But, boy he throws a nice deep ball & has a lot of room to grow in a great situation.
Manning 9 Ben 5 the 1st 14 weeks in my league, with weeks 2, 3, 7, 10 the difference between you WALKED and YOU LOST differences.Next?

Manning 9 Ben 5 the 1st 14 weeks in my league, with weeks 2, 3, 7, 10 the difference between you WALKED and YOU LOST differences.Next?
Man, you're just butchering those cutoffs to make a case however you can. Why the first 14 weeks? Aren't the week 15 and week 16 games more important?You want to play with the numbers? That's fine. Through the first 14 weeks, Ben Roethlisberger had as many 20 point games as Manning (8 apiece) despite missing a game to injury. They both had the same number of 30 point games, too (2 each). Neither one posted a single 40 point game, so they matched each other there, too. You know what it all means? Absolutely nothing, since nobody said that Ben was a better dynasty QB than Manning in the first place- in fact, Roofles is ranked a full tier behind Peyton. The point is that F&L said that Ben was a great fantasy QB, and you said that was a terrible call despite the fact that Roofles finished 3rd in the league in points per game. Seems like a pretty good call to me.

I would agree that Palmer was pretty bad this year and probably even worse in fantasy, but I wouldn't mind owning him at this price for next year.

They're going to be very focused this offseason on bringing in playmakers at WR/TE. I think that is pretty obvious. Also, the schedule getting MUCH harder will dictate that they cannot afford to simply sit around and run the ball and kill clock. They will be forced to be more aggressive on offense and will have at least slightly better weapons to do that with.

Assuming healthy, I have no problem with Palmer as my QB2 in dynasty and would definitely love him as QB21.

R'berger's week 14, 15, 16 numbers compared to Manning's (and missed time) MATTER because if he's YOUR GUY, you weren't even in the playoff hunt to begin with, while Manning likely had you sitting pretty as a 1 seed.

EVERY year some tout mag clown will butcher the previous year's stat analysis, telling you how studly Matt Schaub (e.g) is THE MAN because of last year's stats. Meanwhile Peyton's top 3 every year, and dominant almost weekly head to head when it matters. The funniest was some debate 5+ years back about Culpepper v s. Manning in a pre-season mag...

CW's DADDY on the totem pole at Rotoworld, Evan Silva, rates R'berger as QB9 this year. Sounds good to ME!

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Footbal..._quarterbac.php

I would agree that Palmer was pretty bad this year and probably even worse in fantasy, but I wouldn't mind owning him at this price for next year.They're going to be very focused this offseason on bringing in playmakers at WR/TE. I think that is pretty obvious. Also, the schedule getting MUCH harder will dictate that they cannot afford to simply sit around and run the ball and kill clock. They will be forced to be more aggressive on offense and will have at least slightly better weapons to do that with.Assuming healthy, I have no problem with Palmer as my QB2 in dynasty and would definitely love him as QB21.
At QB21, you're throwing darts. WHEEEEE!

2 points:

1) i would not have guessed david garrard was 32.7 years old

2) roethlisberger finished 8th in my league and 5th in PPG. that said, i like him a lot going forward.

i also like flacco better than ryan going forward.

Homer said:
R'berger's week 14, 15, 16 numbers compared to Manning's (and missed time) MATTER because if he's YOUR GUY, you weren't even in the playoff hunt to begin with, while Manning likely had you sitting pretty as a 1 seed.

EVERY year some tout mag clown will butcher the previous year's stat analysis, telling you how studly Matt Schaub (e.g) is THE MAN because of last year's stats. Meanwhile Peyton's top 3 every year, and dominant almost weekly head to head when it matters. The funniest was some debate 5+ years back about Culpepper v s. Manning in a pre-season mag...

CW's DADDY on the totem pole at Rotoworld, Evan Silva, rates R'berger as QB9 this year. Sounds good to ME!

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Footbal..._quarterbac.php
First off... Hi. I'm a Ben Roethlisberger owner who made the playoffs and who destroyed the Manning owner once I got there because my QB was throwing for 500 yards and his wasn't playing. Please keep telling me how weeks 14, 15, and 16 don't matter.Second off... I really, really, really don't understand why you're arguing that Manning is better than Roethlisberger. I don't know of a single person who said that Roeth was better than Manning. F&L doesn't even have him in the same tier. While you're at it, would you like to get indignant and make a half dozen posts about how Adrian Peterson is better than Jamaal Charles, too? Maybe explain to all of us how Larry Fitzgerald is better than Miles Austin, just for good measure.

Assuming healthy, I have no problem with Palmer as my QB2 in dynasty and would definitely love him as QB21.
I'm assuming he's not healthy. There's either something wrong with his right arm, or else his mechanics are so out of whack that it simply appears he's hiding an injury.

I'm assuming he's not healthy. There's either something wrong with his right arm, or else his mechanics are so out of whack that it simply appears he's hiding an injury.
:goodposting: I think his elbow is still a problem. He doesn't cut loose on anything. It could be mechanics caused by him trying to overcompensate for his elbow or perhaps another injury. There is no way his physical skills just deteriorated this fast without an injury. If any of this is true, he could be a nice buy low.

Users who are viewing this thread