What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas lights outside: when? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Started putting mine up last night. Will finish tonight. Too soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside.. Too soon.. Outside :no:

Just don't turn them on until Thanksgiving night or you'll be "That Guy" .. <_<
No lights outside? Like, ever?

I had them on while I was stringing them up. Just makes it easier to see which strands didn't survive storage, and see what I'm doing. Lots of folks slowing down as they drove past.

Didn't finish the job last night, but will finish tonight. Only question is whether we turn them on before Thanksgiving. If you're telling me that will piss people off, I may fire them up ASAP.

Or showing up to Thanksgiving dinner in a seersucker suit. Firing off some finger pistols as you come through the door.

No lights outside? Like, ever?

I had them on while I was stringing them up. Just makes it easier to see which strands didn't survive storage, and see what I'm doing. Lots of folks slowing down as they drove past.

Didn't finish the job last night, but will finish tonight. Only question is whether we turn them on before Thanksgiving. If you're telling me that will piss people off, I may fire them up ASAP.
Sorry was answering the question "is it too soon" and for outside lights No..

I started putting my outside lights up right after Halloween ... added up all the hours I spent on the weekends since then 15-20.

Can't wait for Thanksgiving night to turn them and on see if the Circuit breakers survive ;)

:goodposting: It depends on where you live. I have had mine up outside for 2 weeks now. I also live in Iowa and the temperature can drop below zero at any time. I usually try to wait as long as possible, but when it is 55 degrees on a Saturday in November I am putting them up. Don't get turned on until after Thanksgiving though.

Light can go up whenever but we don't turn them on until the day after thanksgiving.

For our family, I'll put them up the next day it's semi warm. I have my outside lights down to a science and I can string up all the lights on a two story colonial and garage in < 30 minutes , including all he flood lights and bushes.

What do you guys go with? Big bulbs, colored etc.? LED,incandescent? Also, anywhere with good deals on lights, or just any big box store?

If you're hiring someone to do it....make them do it whenever you want; warm weather or cold. If you're doing it yourself....it's probably best to pick the warmest weekend in Thanksgiving and string them up then.....although you don't have to turn them on until Thanksgiving night or put out any of those (if its your bag) blow up Santa things or plastic manger whatevers until early Dec.

What do you guys go with? Big bulbs, colored etc.? LED,incandescent? Also, anywhere with good deals on lights, or just any big box store?
all of the above.. I have the "old fashioned" big bulbs, LED's, White strings, colored strings, etc...

Next year should be a bigger display as we are having a 2nd garage built in a few weeks so even more things to decorate next year. :excited:

all of the above.. I have the "old fashioned" big bulbs, LED's, White strings, colored strings, etc...Next year should be a bigger display as we are having a 2nd garage built in a few weeks so even more things to decorate next year. :excited:
You need to post pics.

It won't piss anybody off but to others you might as well have a Maverick up on blocks in the front yard.
So it's white trash/classless to turn on your Christmas lights on November 23, but it's fine on November 29?
Just do what you want. It's your house that you worked hard for. #### everybody else.
Exactly
Nobody wants to be the inconsiderate neighbor. Or at least I don't.

Ah screw it. Gotta go finish stringing. Doubled the number of strands this year. Guy across the street won't stand s chance.

Damnit. All the new strands of white I got have a faint yellowish white tint and clash with the white white sets I already have up. Gonna need to return and find replacements. They should have some kind of yellow to white color coding for these sets so that from one manufacturer to the next you can compare (like with diamonds).

Idiots in the neighborhood already have them up for the last week or two and lighting them up at night. Just sickening, can't even enjoy Turkey-Day.

I just toss my empty fast food trash bags at the end of the week into their front lawn as I'm driving back from the bars at night. Figure if they want to advertise they are white trash, might as well help them out. Tis the season.

all of the above.. I have the "old fashioned" big bulbs, LED's, White strings, colored strings, etc...Next year should be a bigger display as we are having a 2nd garage built in a few weeks so even more things to decorate next year. :excited:
You need to post pics.
To tide you over, here is a video I made of last years display.

I've moved the lights around a lot this year and used different ones for the roof so will definitely get some photo's & Video in about a week..

You need to post pics.

I've moved the lights around a lot this year and used different ones for the roof so will definitely get some photo's & Video in about a week..
Goood lord man what's wrong with you people!?

You need to post pics.

Looks just like a guy a few streets down from me. I had to check and see if you are my neighbor, but you're not in Ohio.

Idiots in the neighborhood already have them up for the last week or two and lighting them up at night. Just sickening, can't even enjoy Turkey-Day.

I just toss my empty fast food trash bags at the end of the week into their front lawn as I'm driving back from the bars at night. Figure if they want to advertise they are white trash, might as well help them out. Tis the season.
Yes, they're the white trash

This is why people think you are an insane lunatic. "Can't even enjoy turkey day" :lmao:

WTF

You need to post pics.

Goood lord man what's wrong with you people!?
What?? Too much?? :lol:

Just wait until you see this years display :excited:

Day after thanksgiving.
Traditional is this + down the day after New Years as I recall.
Feel free to come on up here and take them down on the 2nd if you'd like.. I'll make the :coffee: ;)

I turn them off the day after New Years day.. But normally the outside lights stay up until at least March as everything is frozen into the ground until then.
Well at least you turn them off. I've seen people burning them to spring.

You can't enjoy Thanksgiving because someone has lights up? Yeah, that qualifies you as one with issues.

You can't enjoy Thanksgiving because someone has lights up? Yeah, that qualifies you as one with issues.
Be careful. He might come by and throw turkey bones on your lawn.

:) I'm afraid he would.

:notebook:

Swedish Fish toss at your house.

Would anyone really believe I am tossing empty bags of Burger King out of the window at 1AM on my way back from the bars slightly inebriated?

Would anyone really believe I am tossing empty bags of Burger King out of the window at 1AM on my way back from the bars slightly inebriated?
Everything except for the "slightly" inebriated part.

Everything except for the "slightly" inebriated part.
This

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread