What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

christmas music (1 Viewer)

CGRdrJoe

Footballguy
i was sitting next to a guy at the bar just now (19th hole) and they have christmas music on. He asks me when the last time they wrote christmas music was at it all seems like it was written in the 30’s- 50’s with only artists covering the hits since. i’m shuked on why that is, i’d think someone would have come out with a holiday jam, i’m left pondering the missed putt on 7 and why people quit writing holiday tunes

i was sitting next to a guy at the bar just now (19th hole) and they have christmas music on. He asks me when the last time they wrote christmas music was at it all seems like it was written in the 30’s- 50’s with only artists covering the hits since. i’m shuked on why that is, i’d think someone would have come out with a holiday jam, i’m left pondering the missed putt on 7 and why people quit writing holiday tunes
Just seems that way - lots of new Christmas stuff is put out.  Some decent, most is just crap.

The new stuff doesn't stick but I don't think its from lack of trying. Most artists that put out a Christmas album will try to sneak something original in.

I think it comes down to this is pretty much a once a year event (even though it goes on for over a month) and people just want to hear the standards.  Its not enough time for them to tire of them

I think you're dealing with limited dissemination. Still XMas tunes coming out, just more modern and often winding up in novelty bins because it's not the artists' best musical or lyrical effort. 

The fragmentation of radio has made it much harder to create a new holiday standard.   The music industry has changed tremendously since Mariah Carey released "All I Want for Christmas is You" in 1994.  Nowadays, Christmas-only stations only play the classics and Pop radio doesn't play seasonal stuff.

Artists still record new Xmas songs but it's tough to reach beyond a core audience in a finite period of time.

Time for another round of charity songs from the US, UK, and Canadian artists.  I don't know how well today's artists would do. The 80's songs had some serious talent. 

Sia's album "Every day is Christmas" was released 2017.

All originals and it is fantastic. I have noticed a few of the songs from this album being played in the stores. This is probably my current favorite Christmas album.

Personally, I enjoy the classics, but I’m not averse to new Christmas music. I will say that most stations, streaming ones included, play Mariah Carey, Wham! and Jose Feliciano practically on a loop with some other better songs mixed in. If they spread them out more evenly, I wouldn’t complain, but I can only take the “All I Want for Last Christmas is Your Feliz  Navidad” Power Hour so many times. I usually play my own collection of Christmas music with more variety anyway, so I enjoy it more.

Also they aren’t original songs but Christoper Lee did some Christmas songs a few years back and they’re really good

Sia's album "Every day is Christmas" was released 2017.

All originals and it is fantastic. I have noticed a few of the songs from this album being played in the stores. This is probably my current favorite Christmas album.
I have heard a couple tunes from this album and thought they were great.  Might need to invest in the whole album.  

If you have the SiriusXM app - and what self-respecting FBG doesn’t - there are Christmas stations out the yahoo right now. The one on my phone right now is Christmas song in an elevator music format - perfect for WFH. 

Do they know its Christmas time, at all?

CRANK IT UP!

I also think a huge part of the holiday has become nostalgia. It's tough to tap into that with a new song.

Definitely some newer ones I like. Not 100% they aren’t remakes but certainly not something i recognize as a classic . And some of these aren’t new new but again not 100 years old

I won’t be home for Christmas- blink 182

Ugly Christmas sweater- Garth brooks

Underneath the tree - Kelly clarkson

Christmas tree farm - Taylor swift

Snowman - sia

Lit this year - Florida Georgia line

Someday at Christmas- lizzo

Merry Christmas - Ed sheeran

Santa tell me - Ariana grande

The alternative band Low, a duo who had a member recently die, put out an indie Christmas album years ago. I think Eephus alerted me to it a month or so ago. It's quite good. It's called Christmas and you can find it with an easy Google search.

Hi Mex!

Check out the following recent albums:

Like a Gift from God or Whatever by Chris Farren and December's Here by New Found Glory. Also domer sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread