What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cierre Wood and 2 others cut for violating team rules (1 Viewer)

Cierre Wood is going to need therapy for passing up this chance to shine. Damm son.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cierre Wood is going to need therapy for passing up this chance to shine. Damm son.
Seriously, the timing couldn't have been worse.

Well, whatever bad things he was up to, he needs to be an advocate against going forward. No better example than, "Hey kids! I had a chance to be the starting RB for the Houston Texans and prove myself at the NFL level. Instead, I decided to ___________ beforehand, and have been working at ___________ menial job since to make ends meet."

Three sources who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com that the violation occurred due to marijuana use.
ESPN

Jefferson's agent, Chad Cannon, told ESPN.com that the players were smoking a cigar in the team hotel and that illegal drugs were not involved.

"We're discussing the possibility of filing a grievance," Cannon said. "I need to be in touch with them and really figure if that's the best route to take."

Montgomery told Comcast SportsNet Houston that he walked into a hotel room where Wood and Jefferson were smoking a cigar on Saturday and was later called from a meeting by head coach Gary Kubiak.

The Texans have another undrafted rookie, Ray Graham, on the practice squad. He could be promoted to the active roster, or the Texans could sign a veteran free agent. Coach Gary Kubiak wouldn’t commit either way today but admitted they’re in the market for a replacement for Wood. Because the Texans are off on Sunday, they have two weeks to find and develop a third-team back.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/after-waiving-cierre-wood-texans-in-market-for-third-running-back/

Wood got benched at ND for two games last year for the same thing. Kelly benched him for it and told him to grow up. Riddick took advantage and never really looked back. Wood left somewhat disgruntled and goes on to make the same mistake. He's got talent but he needs to wake up and hope someone gives him another chance.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/10/21/4863258/houston-texans-cut-sam-montgomery-cierre-wood-and-willie-jefferson

More details above.

Absolutely weird situation. You'd think they gang raped some chick or something with how swiftly they got released.
It looks like they were baking their hotel out. The Texans are a sinking ship.

Kubiack is a #### anyways, hope he's fired soon.
I think even if Foster was IR'd these kids would still get cut over this; it was more of making a statement punishment.

I still can't believe marijuana use is illegal in 2013. You'd think we (collectively) would have gotten over this years ago.

I still can't believe marijuana use is illegal in 2013. You'd think we (collectively) would have gotten over this years ago.
It's undeniably ridiculous but the fact is the dude has real potential and the risk of smoking buds obviously far out weighs the reward here. It's just stupid.

Also I'm guessing they may have been disciplined just the same for alcohol the night before a game.

Sucks. Wood looked like a great fit for that offense in the preseason.

Gotta be more to this story...
Smoked pot
Big deal. Hope the hawks sign Montgomery....legal in Washington. I'm sure plenty of people in the nfl smoke weed. They only get tested once, and it's in the preseason. Once tested they are in the clear.
That's pretty much the standard for the Seahags?
Not sure and don't care. Use PED's , smoke weed, do what you want. Just win and don't get caught.

Users who are viewing this thread