What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cincinnati at Tennessee*** (-3.5) 47.5u The Smashville in Nashville (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Go!

Many times you find an overreaction to the prior week in the Playoffs. The fact is Tennessee has had 2 weeks to prepare and Derrick Henry is apparently back. How ready can Henry be without any game snaps? We saw Cam Akers look pretty good last week off a torn Achilles, maybe Henry can look mid season form but I have my doubts he can have the same strength he normally has to run over teams as the game moves along. On the other side you have Burrow-Chase-Higgins-Boys-Mixon, weapons all over they can hurt you with. AJ Brown for the Titans will need to be outstanding. 

Can the Titans Defense slow down Burrow and apply pressure when he needs time to complete critical passes? That's going to be the story IMO. Tannehill will be alright but I don't think he can single handedly carry them if they get into a shootout. Maybe they won't have to. 

Tennessee has quality wins vs Playoff level teams but surprisingly the Bengals travel pretty well with a 5-3 mark and all 3 losses were by a FG and 1 by 5 so they play a tight game on the road.  

Upset time to get the weekend started? 

Tennessee 23...Cincinnati 22

I can see the Bengals winning this game and going further than they should with such a young nucleus in the passing game that gets better each and every week. But for now I'll take the points, good luck to both teams' fan bases in here. 

Go!

National media is interesting. Despite being the 1 seed and getting the king back, the titans remain underrated. Or maybe cincy is just the new media darling with Joe and chase playing very well lately. The titans pass defense is not nearly as bad as the talking heads say, but the trio is downright scary. 
as much as I’d love to see a 200 yard game from Henry, I think we see a fair amount of foreman, maybe up to a 60/40 type split.
We’ve been waiting all year for it but I think we finally see why the titans traded for Julio as he makes a few key plays. 
A FG difference sounds about right, which scares me a bit as bullock has not been good from 40+ this year. But he might be needed to beat his old team. 

titans 24-21

clearly a sign that Derrick Henry is going to have a huge day

@fl511_northeast: Yulee: Due to a vehicle fire on I-95 all Northbound lanes are blocked at MM 377. Use caution and seek an alternate route. Yulee: Due to a vehicle fire on I-95 all Northbound lanes are blocked at MM 377. Use caution and seek an alternate route. http://fl511.com/List/Alerts

This should be a helluva game. 

Cincy's rolling and their skill players are frightening. Don't forget about their TE - as a Ravens follower, I've already seen enough of that dude to last a lifetime. The Bengals' D ain't no joke, either.

On the other hand, I hear very little national chatter about the Titans in regards to this game. If Henry is healthy, I'm not concerned that he hasn't had game reps in a while - he knows how to play and what he needs to do to be ready. That's a proud, veteran team and I think they'll be ready to play.

Weather doesn't seem like it's gonna be a factor.

I'm going 26-24, Titans. 

24-23 Cincy.
Henry at 100% would change my opinion and it’s really hard to bet against him, but I find it hard to believe he has made a full recovery this quickly. 

I don't know.  Nati had zero pass rush against the Raiders and couldn't put them away.

I also don't know if Henry is healthy enough.  Both teams run hot/cold,

I feel the health of Henry decides this one since I think Cincinnati's defense is beat up and can't generate any pass rush.

Titans are rested. The King is back. They are at home. They are being undervalued imop,so.....

Titans- 34

Bengals- 20

Tennessee has been underrated all year. Every time they won, most media didn't write about how well they did - it was usually about what was wrong with the other team, how could they possibly lose to the Titans, and if that was a bad omen for the rest of their year, etc.

31-24 Titans

Everybody claiming the Titans are being underrated.  You do realize -- especially with today's money coming in -- the line is now up to 4, right?

Besides the fact they ARE favored, "underrated" teams aren't usually moving lines like that.

Some of those posts read like Tennessee is some overlooked underdog here.

Everybody claiming the Titans are being underrated.  You do realize -- especially with today's money coming in -- the line is now up to 4, right?

Besides the fact they ARE favored, "underrated" teams aren't usually moving lines like that.

Some of those posts read like Tennessee is some overlooked underdog here.
Because "underrated" isn't just in reference to a Vegas line. It could mean expert picks, etc. 

Before you go on another Vegas jag, think about vocabulary and that people use words colloquially, with different referents, etc. 

HTH. 

Vrabel (my coach of the year) has a heckuva prob today...it's probably the offensive coordinator's job but I gotta figure he's involved....in possibly benching Henry if he doesn't look ready.

Foreman has been excellent and everyone seems to be writing as if he's the Texans back that has no line and an injury so he averages 30ypg. 

Hilliard has been...exactly what Evans was drafted to be. He's a questionable every down runner but a home run threat on plays here n there especially screens.

Firkser has a ton of big catches and I was surprised to read how many Swaim has. 

NWI has matured so much this year. He's not like elite good but he will make ya pay if you ignore him and he's been clutch too.

Henry has improved dramatically as a WR and has even shifted to the slot some. 

Both FBs are top quality FBs that will do nothing but lay the wood til they make a play. (Unsure if both active)

The Titans WERE "just" Julio, AJB, and Henry running. They haven't been since Halloween. It's absolutely pathetic that the national media doesn't know this. It would be so awesome if Cincy didn't either. 😄

I know they won't but it might feel that way today as the no names make plays.

Byard was allowing too many passes deep right the first 4-6 weeks. Since then he has allowed like a best ever type pace. Something I intend to research. I wanna say just five completions in 10 weeks. While everyone touts Chase's great deep ability, don't forget there's an All Pro for Burrow to risk being intercepted by.

Cunningham and Evans have been phenomenal the last few weeks. I think Mixon looks worn down and tired. I rrrreally question if he'll have success running. He has to be involved so Im going with receiving stats in pool bets.

Rookie CB/S Elijah Molden is the craftiest sonofagun and either makes wow plays or gets burned. I'm concerned of Boyd but also wouldn't be surprised if after a few completions to Boyd, Molden makes a huge play. Definitely a matchup to watch.

Uzomah made two spinning catches and one that threaded the needle and somehow the Bengals aren't throwing to him a ton. I'm thankful. His catches last week were phenomenal and it's like no one noticed. 

The MoP is going to be doing Sushi and Saki/Asahi on a Double-Birthday celebration with wife/Sister-in-law, for gawds sake say some prayers for me to make it out alive, thank goodness my brother will be there and we can at least even the odds and get the game up on one of the TV's

-Happy Birthday to you...OMG Burrow just hit Higgins on the post...Happy Birthday to you...Henry just breaks one off for 25, Titans rolling...Happy Birthday dear...who we are here to celebrate with, oh yeah...Chase scores!...happy birthday to...was that AJ Brown running free to the end zone?  

👍

I've got Bengals 28-20. I do wonder if the Titans D oversells out to stop Chase and this ends up being a big Higgins game. 

I do wonder if the Titans D oversells out to stop Chase and this ends up being a big Higgins game. 

I'm very curious to see how that plays out, too. Do the Titans play Chase a bit more straight up, and let him hit a few plays, or do they roll extra coverage his way, which could lead to big day potential for Higgins, Boyd, and/or Uzomah.

LET'S GET THIS PLAYOFF WEEKEND STARTED!

I haven’t seen anyone stop Burrow since Taylor cut him loose about a month ago. I like the Bengals and the over

Vrabel’s gonna have these guys humming and it’s time for a playoff win. Should be a close game, but I’m going Titans. 

The Bengals’ rookie Kicker is nails. That guy is so good. Making this FG attempt harder right now 

Every so often Tannehill starts to get talked up like he is good. IMO, he’s a product of having such a dominant run game that teams have to respect. He’s a good fit for that offense, but he’s not the reason they win.

Users who are viewing this thread