What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cincinnati trip -- any recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Holtman's donuts are awesome and their new location in OTR is opening this Saturday, so if you end up in that part of town (Senate, Bakersfield, Neon's, etc are all in that hood), grab a donut and a slice of pizza from Lucy Blue's. the pizza is terrible sober, but perfect when drunk. Just make sure to get a piece that has been sitting out for a little. If you get one fresh from the oven and you're anything like me, your willpower is going to be low and you'll blow on the slice a little and try to eat it as it melts the flesh off the roof of your mouth

Alex P Keaton said:
I echo what everyone else has said here. Moerlein Lager House is my favorite spot in the summer. They have a biergarten and a nice view of the river. In the middle of everything (ballpark across street and the rest of The Banks one block to the north). Their beers are brewed here and are pretty good. You have to try the Moer Burger with a Hefeweizen. I've raved about the burger in other threads.

I'd also add that you try out Tom+Chee. They've been featured on a few TV shows including Adam Lantman's Best Sandwich in America. There is one downtown and one on the Levee. Get ya a BBQ n Bacon (Grippos chips and bacon) on a glazed donut. *drool*

Website
Moerlein sounds really cool. So does Tom + Chee. Have any of you been to Oktoberfest? I didn't realize that Cincinnati had such a well-known Oktoberfest. How does it rate?
The fest is probably the single biggest event of the year here. Massive crowds. Right on fountain square. Can be tough to get a beer at peak times.Eli's is ridonkulous good. Not downtown, though.
Their shop isn't downtown, but they do the food outside at Neon's so that could be an option for a good time, good beers and Eli's

Since I've kinda taken over this thread, I'll stop for now.

Let me know if there are any other things you'd like recommendations on

Ok, just kidding, one more... Grab a night cap at Hebron Brew Haus. It's kind of a ####ty place, but is an easy taxi from the airport and has a good selection of beers

Hey, really appreciate all of your recommendations. Very much looking forward to all the food in Cincinnati now....and of course the beer.

If there is any FBG cornhole going on that weekend, a few of us out-of-towners will show up.

Timmay said:
Guster said:
What sort of things would you like to know about?
Places to eat or sightsee that locals would recommend. Like Skyline Chili (or whatever others would suggest).
Ok... How long are you going to be in town for? What's the age range of the group? Any single guys? Where do you fall on the scale of hipster to mainstream?

Do you know where you'll be staying?
I thought you were hosting this cornhole and we were all crashing at your place?

By the way, I see a lot of Levee recommendations. Hofbrauhaus is cool, but there is there really a lot of other stuff for a group of guys to do there?

Also, it looks like we have enough in here to get the league fired back up.
what is this league you speak of?
This one

Blue Ash Chili. And for God's sake, go to Graeter's.

Heading up in two weeks myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey, really appreciate all of your recommendations. Very much looking forward to all the food in Cincinnati now....and of course the beer. If there is any FBG cornhole going on that weekend, a few of us out-of-towners will show up.
Nothing planned, but I'm always up for a drink

Let's go ahead and make this the official thread.

Who's in for the league next year?

1. shuke

Hey, really appreciate all of your recommendations. Very much looking forward to all the food in Cincinnati now....and of course the beer. If there is any FBG cornhole going on that weekend, a few of us out-of-towners will show up.
Nothing planned, but I'm always up for a drink
In for oktoberfest/horseshoe/brass ###

flapgreen said:
Guster said:
flapgreen said:
I'd go Aglemesis Brothers over Graeters, but both are tasty. Graeters is certainly the more well known/traditional Cincinnati ice cream
Thought Aglemesis might be a little too obscure but both are great. I think the one I went to was out on the east side toward Kenwood.
Aglemesis is at Oakley Square on Madison Rd

What sort of things would you like to know about?
Places to eat or sightsee that locals would recommend. Like Skyline Chili (or whatever others would suggest).
Ok... How long are you going to be in town for? What's the age range of the group? Any single guys? Where do you fall on the scale of hipster to mainstream?

Do you know where you'll be staying?
I thought you were hosting this cornhole and we were all crashing at your place?

By the way, I see a lot of Levee recommendations. Hofbrauhaus is cool, but there is there really a lot of other stuff for a group of guys to do there?

Also, it looks like we have enough in here to get the league fired back up.
what is this league you speak of?
Still one of my favorite threads evah. The first draft was insane. 12 of us, total strangers, floated an entire keg and went back for more.

I need to post a pic of the draft board we had one year. I just ran across it the other day. Probably 2008 vintage. Half the guys on there aren't even in the NFL now.
I sure miss you ####ers... :wub:

shuke said:
Let's go ahead and make this the official thread.
Who's in for the league next year?

1. shuke
2. guster
3. bonzai
4. flapgreen
5. BigJohn

flapgreen said:
Guster said:
flapgreen said:
I'd go Aglemesis Brothers over Graeters, but both are tasty. Graeters is certainly the more well known/traditional Cincinnati ice cream
Thought Aglemesis might be a little too obscure but both are great. I think the one I went to was out on the east side toward Kenwood.
Aglemesis is at Oakley Square on Madison Rd
Montgomery is the one I went to.

1. shuke
2. guster
3. bonzai
4. flapgreen
5. BigJohn

6. Cheese
7. Wampus (if someone else runs the damn thing. Herding you cats for 3 years was enough).

Peyton Marino has also expressed interest. I think kirby has, too.

Paging trogg and jafo. I'm guessing bigfun and verbal kint have disappeared from teh face of the earth. Homer is in if he can make it.

We're going to have to get a pre-league, pre-draft, semi-annual orientation at the Horseshoe, right? Or, Wampus's basement. Either works fine for me.

ETA: Let's not wait until there's snow on the ground, cause his driveway scares the bejesus out of me.

Would like to be a part of this - this is a next late summer thing, draft and all? Long time Ohio boy, Fairborn, Miami U for 2 years and graduated from Wright State. It would also give me a reason to overload on Marion's Pizza too.

Binky....BigJohn and I are both in Dayton area....I think everyone else is in Cincy. It was a great time for the few years we did it...glad its being ressurected.

1. shuke
2. guster
3. bonzai
4. flapgreen
5. BigJohn

6. Cheese
7. Wampus (if someone else runs the damn thing. Herding you cats for 3 years was enough).
8. PatriotJohn

9. Trogg
10. Binky

1. shuke

2. guster

3. bonzai

4. flapgreen

5. BigJohn

6. Cheese

8. PatriotJohn

9. Trogg

10. Binky

Pretty sure we need at least one more person named John to make this work

Was in town for a day and stopped by and got a few cheese coneys and a Graeter's milkshake. Love Cincinnati!

Users who are viewing this thread