What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CLE RB Lawrence Vickers (1 Viewer)

heckmanm

Footballguy
RB Lawrence Vickers (CLE) was struck in the face by a beer bottle during the team's Week 4 game. Vickers did not apparently sustain any injuries as a result. "He was a little frustrated," said Derek Anderson. "He was pretty mad, I know that. He did a great job. He's our guy."
No word on whether the Browns invited the thrower in for a QB tryout.

RB Lawrence Vickers (CLE) was struck in the face by a beer bottle during the team's Week 4 game. Vickers did not apparently sustain any injuries as a result. "He was a little frustrated," said Derek Anderson. "He was pretty mad, I know that. He did a great job. He's our guy."
No word on whether the Browns invited the thrower in for a QB tryout.
Was Braylon mad that it wasn't thrown in his direction?

Vickers ought to be grateful. This fan obviously recognized that sitting through a Browns game requires alcohol, and was willing to share.

Fullback Lawrence Vickers, who did an outstanding job of blocking in Cincinnati, was hit in the eye with a beer bottle on Jamal Lewis' touchdown run.

"The bottle flew out of the stands," Vickers said. "It hit the top of my helmet and the top of the bottle, the part you drink out of, came across my eye, and I had beer all over my face."

He said the cut was small, but joked "it's messing up my modeling career."

Vickers said he didn't know what had happened at first, if he had been poked in the eye or what. Then he smelled beer and thought, "I know I haven't had anything to drink."

When he figured out what it was, "I kind of snapped because why would somebody throw a bottle on the field? When I jumped up, I'm looking at the ref, and I'm kind of angry and upset. He was like, 'I can't do anything about it.' I didn't see anybody running over there to try to see who did it. I was more upset than anything."

He said he smelled like beer for the rest of the game. As for his fine blocking, he said: "All I want to do is a little dirty work. I don't ask for too much."
:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread