What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland at Carolina*** (-1) (42) (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I think the Panthers will win the game so the point spread is irrelevant to me. Maybe the Browns will show why they can win without Watson some of the way.

Go!

The Baker wants this one REAL bad,if he gets help from The Butcher and The Candelstick maker he'll get the revenge he so desires:

Panthers- 31
Browns- 13

The Baker wants this one REAL bad,if he gets help from The Butcher and The Candelstick maker he'll get the revenge he so desires:

Panthers- 31
Browns- 13
Baker isn't good enough to lift a team to a big win just for revenge. He is gonna realize very fast how lucky he had in Cleveland with that o-line and those RBs.

another deflected pass.

it’s almost like this defense is familiar with Mayfield.

and a delay of game.

I think that having Baker do a three step drop trying to throw over jumping defensive lineman is not going to work. But, by all means lets keep trying to put the square peg in the round hole. Also, I guess they don't run the ball in Carolina?

Even the TD pass to Hunt was poorly thrown by Brissett. Fortunately, everyone in Carolina thought Chubb was getting the ball inside. Nice play call.
This. Nice to see Stefanski finally putting both backs on the field together. Been screaming for it for 2 years, and it pays off week 1.

Browns 174 rushing yards
Panthers 11 rushing yards
I guess Baker gets to see what life if like without the much better running game, eh?
Wonder if guys with McCaffery are starting to panic?
Not panic, but definitely confused. Surely the brass can't think giving him less than 10 touches is a recipe for success.
welcome to life with Mayfield.

coaches make odd decisions with him around.

Not watching, but am I understanding the play-by-play accurately that Baker fumbled, CMac picked it up and ran it 28 yards, but he gets zero yardage for the play?

Not watching, but am I understanding the play-by-play accurately that Baker fumbled, CMac picked it up and ran it 28 yards, but he gets zero yardage for the play?
Seems like it…fumble recovery/return instead of a rush?
Story of my day with McCaffrey and DJ Moore

Yeah. Why is that not a rushing stat?
My understanding is that fumble-recovery TDs count, but yardage doesn't. (Protip: If you ever have a fantasy player involved in one of those last-play laterals a la the Miracle in Miami, hope that the ball never hits the ground. If it doesn't, any yardage picked up by the subsequent ball-handlers counts as receiving yards, and you get credit. As soon as it hits the ground, it becomes fumble-return yards, and you don't.)

Seems like it…fumble recovery/return instead of a rush?
Story of my day with McCaffrey and DJ Moore
In the same boat. Baker's playing badly, but it seems odd that they're not even targeting their best WR. Again, not watching, but I know Cleveland has a good secondary. Are they focusing on shutting down Moore?

Delpit quit on the TD to Anderson. He was more concerned with looking at his teammate regarding the apparent blown coverage than he was at running down Anderson. He was only a couple yds behind him.

You're down 2 scores late in the 4th, Baker Mayfield is your guy to throw an 85 yd meaningless TD to nobody

:lol:

Good job Baker, meaningful football at the end here.

Users who are viewing this thread