What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clinton Portis Done? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Bulldogs

Footballguy
Broncos - Portis out for the year

Dave Krieger, Rocky Mountain News - [Full Article]

The Broncos playoff hopes were dashed today when the results of Clinton Portis' MRI revealed not only a torn ACL but also a torn MCL. Portis will be placed on IR today and can only hope that he will be ready to go for the 2004 season. A replacement starter has not been named but it is believed that either Anderson or Griffen can have success in Shanahan's system.

///////////////////////////////////////

Joe's Note We never discourage real information here but please post a link. I'm guessing Dave Krieger can spell Griffin.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Well, I guess I can take solace in the fact that losing 167.3 to 167.6 was painful, but without Portis I would've been a sacrificial lamb in the finals. OUCHCheers to a speedy recovery

ouch. I don't have him on any of my teams. In fact, I'm going against him in one superbowl this weekend. But I feel bad for the Broncos and their fans. Perhaps Shanny should've sent in Elam a few plays sooner.

Broncos - Portis out for the yearDave Krieger, Rocky Mountain News - [Full Article] The Broncos playoff hopes were dashed today when the results of Clinton Portis' MRI revealed not only a torn ACL but also a torn MCL. Portis will be placed on IR today and can only hope that he will be ready to go for the 2004 season. A replacement starter has not been named but it is believed that either Anderson or Griffen can have success in Shanahan's system.
This was supposedly copied and pasted from somewhere. Link?

Can you please add the link - I just looked at the Rocky Mountain News sports page and couldn't find the quoted article

It looks exactly like a Blogger entry in format. I'm scouring the Rocky Mountain News, but it's moving terribly slow as probably most of the Football world is on that site right now trying to find this quote.

I call BS on this. Nothing on the paper's site.
Me too. Putting on my editor's hat, Griffen is spelled wrong. And #2, Anderson and Griffen's last names are used in their first reference. Their full names would be mentioned the first time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those injuries sound serious enough to keep him out in '04 as well (looking at the history of other runners with similar injuries). I wonder if we'll see a new RB in Denver next year (Terrell?).What's interesting is that if Portis didn't make the great run to get the 1st on 3rd and 6, Elam would've gone in and he wouldn't have had that last carry.

oh well, if this is true, Bruce Henderson will most likely take the crown in the Omega League as my stud is Portis. That's the way things go in this hobby sometimes.

Those injuries sound serious enough to keep him out in '04 as well (looking at the history of other runners with similar injuries). I wonder if we'll see a new RB in Denver next year (Terrell?).What's interesting is that if Portis didn't make the great run to get the 1st on 3rd and 6, Elam would've gone in and he wouldn't have had that last carry.
Spit out the bait and swim away. Let's let this drop off of page 1.This will be my last post in this thread. Hopefully it's been discredited (regardless of what Portis' MRI does eventually show, this is BS)

Spit out the bait and swim away. Let's let this drop off of page 1.This will be my last post in this thread. Hopefully it's been discredited (regardless of what Portis' MRI does eventually show, this is BS)
this ####### should be banned if he cannot come up with a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread