What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clinton Portis (1 Viewer)

Darko M

Footballguy
In my ppr he's scored:

I don't even own him but he is playing great. With LT banged up, MBIII losing carries to Felix, and what seems like every team adopting the RBBC, he may be the most consistent running back this year. I tried to trade for him after week 1, wish I would have offered more now. :confused:

He's no different from past years in Washington, except that:

1) Zorn's scheme does a better job of spreading the defense out and keeping them honest against the pass, and therefore creating good running lanes for Portis; and

2) Portis is fully healthy.

He's always had the talent, so in that respect it shouldn't be a shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
getting 25-30 touches a game will do that for a guy.
How many touches per game gets a guy 5 yards per carry? :coffee:
that wasn't ment to knock on Portis, but how many other backs are touching the ball that much on a weekly basis this season?Guy has been impressive and I expect to see it continue, but I don't think he is going to finish as a top 3 back.
That's part of the OP's point, as I read it. More and more teams are spreading carries out among their RB corps, so that's part of Portis' fantasy value. With that said, unless you think the offense is suddenly going to stall - and that might happen, I acknowledge, though there are no signs of it yet - I don't see why Portis can't sustain what he's done so far. :ph34r:

The more aggressive passing game has opened things up for the run game. I'd guess they have more rushes after 5 games this year than last year, better YPC, and all because of the passing game.

Portis was money last year. I didn't expect a whole lot of change. For some reason people are generally down on Portis more then other RBs. I'm not sure why, maybe because he left Denver? Got hurt one year? I don't know.

I just love having the guy on my roster, he always puts up some kind of numbers.

It's not really shocking for someone to become a top three running back, when they've consistently been top five for years.

getting 25-30 touches a game will do that for a guy.
How many touches per game gets a guy 5 yards per carry? :hifive:
that wasn't ment to knock on Portis, but how many other backs are touching the ball that much on a weekly basis this season?Guy has been impressive and I expect to see it continue, but I don't think he is going to finish as a top 3 back.
I love MBIII, but Felix is stealing a lot of the workload with his play.LT and Westbrook are banged up.LJ and SJax are on horrible teams.Grant looks horrible. Addai hasn't done much.I love Lynch, but he's playing like a solid later 1st rounder. Which is great (because that's where he went, and he is consistent), but I don't think he has a chance to finish top 6.AP, Gore, Bush, and Portis are healthy and putting numbers up on a CONSISTENT week to week basis. Portis, who's getting more attempts than any of those guys has a solid chance of finishing top 3.

Portis was very good last yr... and this yr is a much improvement. Wasn't there a "Dump Portis thread" after week 1?

I'm a diehard Skins fan. I own Portis in 9 of my 10 dynasty leagues. Yet I benched him in almost every league today because of the Eagles #1 rushing D. NEVER AGAIN. :shock:

But Portis will finish in the top 5, again. Hell, I could see him finishing #1 if the Skins stay healthy. He has played against very solid teams so far. What happens when he plays the Rams, Lions, Browns, Bengals, 49'ers, Seahawks, and then all their divisional games left are at home?

Have portis in one league, and I took him (at 1.10) b/c of how consistant he is. He is doing just fine and no dreaded RBBC.

Users who are viewing this thread