What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coach Pops Wife of 40yrs has died (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
Coach Pop as he's affectionately known around the league AKA Greg Popovich of the SA Spurs lost his wife today who he was married for over 40yrs. Erin had been ill for sometime. Very sad new. Pop has always been one of the classiest and out spoken coaches in the entire league for yrs now. He also has an extensive very good coaching tree of former assistants who became HC's. Never one to shy on social or NBA issues Pop always said what was on his mind. His current and former players love the guy and he's considered family to them. Just heart breaking news today in the NBA. 

Per Woj

Erin Popovich, wife of San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich, died today, Spurs said in a release. They were married four decades. She had been ill over an extended period.

Was coming to post this, but you did a far better job than I would have. 

In a "difficult" season from a basketball perspective, it's hard to imagine the toll this has taken on one of the most thoughtful and, imo, caring and true of hearted man in Pops.

Watching him this year, you could see the strain and pain on his face - I had not seen Pops like that before and assumed it was just a tough season.  If only that were the case.

Stay strong Pops. Sagehen forever. 

Koya said:
Was coming to post this, but you did a far better job than I would have. 

In a "difficult" season from a basketball perspective, it's hard to imagine the toll this has taken on one of the most thoughtful and, imo, caring and true of hearted man in Pops.

Watching him this year, you could see the strain and pain on his face - I had not seen Pops like that before and assumed it was just a tough season.  If only that were the case.

Stay strong Pops. Sagehen forever. 
Yeah I just can't remember a coach like this in yrs. Never any controversy and he seems like a great guy

Condolences to the Pops family.  

Maybe this will show Leonard what life is about as he quit on Pops and his team.

Users who are viewing this thread