What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Bryce Young, CAR (1 Viewer)

I'm not QB guru by any stretch, but logically it does stand to reason that small/short TDs have a tougher time of it seeing over these tall behemoths in front of them and being able to process everything at the same time.

A guy like Murray has been highly successful due to his scrambling ability to get out of the pocket, but Bryce doesn't seem to be that kind of QB. And a short pocket passer like Drew Brees thrived because, well he's Drew Brees, and also had a great ecosystem around him.

Those are just two glaring examples of smallish QBs and maybe Bryce can still learn to thrive despite some physical limitations if he's surrounded by a better offensive ecosystem. But the team better do that - and fast - or he's going to flame out in a few years.

He had a play this weekend where he tried to throw the ball away, but threw it backwards. His pocket awareness is still severely lacking

Could be a favorite draft target if they get another wideout somehow and a better coaching leader and scheme. They need a vocal veteran but odds are this team is going to be **** again next year

He just doesn't have it. This pick is going to haunt the Panthers for years. While he didn't have an average WR core (they were sub par, one of the worst in the league) I saw lots of games where Young just badly missed his receivers. Whatever accuracy he showed in college didn't translate this year. His size also isn't helping.

He just doesn't have it. This pick is going to haunt the Panthers for years. While he didn't have an average WR core (they were sub par, one of the worst in the league) I saw lots of games where Young just badly missed his receivers. Whatever accuracy he showed in college didn't translate this year. His size also isn't helping.
Will we be saying the same thing about Caleb Williams this time next year?

No

I hope he wasn't a wasted long term pick in 3 leagues.
Same here. I roster him in 2 leagues and only didn’t get him in my 3rd because he went right before my pick so I “settled” for Stroud. So much random luck :)

No
I agree, I would bet your life on it.

Don't count out Young. I could not draft either but I would not be so fast to give up on Young, especially with Canales landing in Carolina. Young is a buy in my book. Rome was not built in a day and Carolina is no Rome. It might take a little time but he should show a pretty big leap this season. Canales is very talented and Young will have gone through a whole offseason and full camp where he is not a rookie. It can only get better.

Don't count out Young. I could not draft either but I would not be so fast to give up on Young, especially with Canales landing in Carolina. Young is a buy in my book. Rome was not built in a day and Carolina is no Rome. It might take a little time but he should show a pretty big leap this season. Canales is very talented and Young will have gone through a whole offseason and full camp where he is not a rookie. It can only get better.
You're correct, it wasn't built in a day, it was built between 2020 and 2023. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You're correct, it wasn't built in a day, it was built between 2020 and 2023. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Don't get it.

Don't get it.
"Rome" Odunze

Don't get it.
"Rome" Odunze
Ohhhh that Rome. 😅

I wish I didn’t roster him
Would you trade him for a late 3rd in a 1QB league?

My rough estimate before the draft puts the Penix/Nix level QB in the mid-late 3rd. As bad as Young was last year, I'd heavily consider him over those two.
Late third in rookie draft? That's where I got him and I've been sending other offers because of it.
He was better than this guy and that guy in college. A zillion rookie QBs stunk in the NFL that turned out to be good.
I wasn't seeking him out but oof I'd wayyy rather him than the 20th WR or fifth TE seventh RB or whatever happens to setup the late third.

Keeper leagues and smaller roster leagues, fine move on. They don't really offer patience as a league type. There isn't a better value cost/ceiling than this kid right now

Users who are viewing this thread