What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB C.J. Stroud, HOU (1 Viewer)

Love this Diggs trade for Houston. I don't understand why more teams don't go all in on getting their most important player the weapons he needs.

Tom Brady left New England because they wouldn't/couldn't.

And Tampa Bay did.

Love this Diggs trade for Houston. I don't understand why more teams don't go all in on getting their most important player the weapons he needs.

And Tampa Bay did.
You can't blame Miami for not trying to get Tua weapons. Waddle, Cheetah, Jonnu. And WR at 1.21 in this year's draft is on the table per Drew Rosenhaus and Barry Jackson. Last year, BUF traded up to get Kincaid and their 2nd round pick was a guard. NYJ tried to get Cheetah. I like what the Texans are doing, but timing is everything - a rookie contract helps. OTOH, you have Mahomes.

And Tampa Bay did.
You can't blame Miami for not trying to get Tua weapons. Waddle, Cheetah, Jonnu. And WR at 1.21 in this year's draft is on the table per Drew Rosenhaus and Barry Jackson. Last year, BUF traded up to get Kincaid and their 2nd round pick was a guard. NYJ tried to get Cheetah. I like what the Texans are doing, but timing is everything - a rookie contract helps. OTOH, you have Mahomes.

Absolutely. Miami has done a great job with this.

Stroud is likely on my must draft list now at QB, not sure what the asking price will be just yet but I doubt he is going to last long in most redrafts this year.
So many weapons he has to throw the football at down field
Mixon now pounding the ball behind him
Texans could still upgrade with a slightly more explosive RB for passing situations but other than that they line up 3 wide w/weapons
Stroud should be even better this year, hype could eclipse the production, I'm very aware of how these things sometimes play out.
Still, there's an awful lot to like here.

He’s not a big runner so agreed hype may eclipse actual fantasy production at this point depending on scoring system.

In dynasty SF, Is there a more valuable player?

I think no
Most people will probably still value Mahomes and Allen above him just because of their track records.

But as someone who has him in a 2QB dynasty league, you’d have to pry him out of my cold, dead hands. I’m not looking to move off of him for any other QB, I’ll say that.

Borderline top 10 fantasy QB.

Huh.

I would ask if your full stop key was broken and you missed a decimal point, but it seemed to work after QB so please, elaborate

What’s the issue? He probably finishes somewhere between QB8-QB12 next year

Rookie Qb with a whole year of film for teams to analyze this offseason. WR2 coming off a broken leg
Added a 27 year old rb with a ton of miles and a 30 year old malcontent WR3

I’d expect an improved OL and D so probably less shootouts. Also playing a 1st place schedule

WR2 coming off a broken leg

Just so this isn't overplayed, Tank's timetable had him able to resume on field workouts in late January. No reason I've seen to think he won't be a full go long before training camp opens, and probably already is back fully now.

Huh.

I would ask if your full stop key was broken and you missed a decimal point, but it seemed to work after QB so please, elaborate

What’s the issue? He probably finishes somewhere between QB8-QB12 next year

Rookie Qb with a whole year of film for teams to analyze this offseason. WR2 coming off a broken leg
Added a 27 year old rb with a ton of miles and a 30 year old malcontent WR3

I’d expect an improved OL and D so probably less shootouts. Also playing a 1st place schedule
Teams may get a whole year to analyze film but he also gets a whole offseason to get even better as a 22 year-old kid. I think you may be severely underestimating what he did last year with an average supporting cast, and he missed two full games.

And this offense just improved. Barring injury, I’d be positively shocked if he’s not a top 6 fantasy QB.

Is that supposed to be an endorsement? Stafford has had what, like 1 Top 5 fantasy finish?
I think moreso the idea that knowing his game isn't really gonna help. They weren't running a gimmick offense, this isn't 2019 Lamar.

Of the non-running QBs, he is right in conversation for highest ceiling, I think.

What people used to think about Joe Burrow is what they should be thinking for this guy.

And Tampa Bay did.
Fun fact: Caserio who is the GM now for the Texans was at the forefront of the Randy Moss trade with the Pats

Stroud is likely on my must draft list now at QB, not sure what the asking price will be just yet but I doubt he is going to last long in most redrafts this year.
So many weapons he has to throw the football at down field
Mixon now pounding the ball behind him
Texans could still upgrade with a slightly more explosive RB for passing situations but other than that they line up 3 wide w/weapons
Stroud should be even better this year, hype could eclipse the production, I'm very aware of how these things sometimes play out.
Still, there's an awful lot to like here.
Our league we have 2 keepers.

Stroud is my 8th rd
and
Breece Hall is my 5th rd

Feeling pretty good about this

Users who are viewing this thread