What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College QB Drake Maye, UNC (2 Viewers)

NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
Multiple NFL scouts reportedly believe Drake Maye already has “shades” of Justin Herbert to his game. Many scouts also already believe Maye doesn’t make it out of the “Top-5” in next year’s NFL Draft. Josh Downs, Maye’s go-to WR last season reportedly believes Maye is “worthy” of either the first or second overall pick. The Tar Heels QB is worth the HYPE

NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
Drake Maye reportedly “is” Joe Burrow as an NFL prospect according to Trent Dilfer (former NFL QB).Many NFL scouts reportedly believe Maye would’ve been the first overall pick in “several” previous drafts.Many NFL scouts also reportedly believe there’s a “chance” Maye could go before Caleb Williams, depending on team preference.Jordan Palmer (QB’s coach) said he believes Maye will get “a lot” of Josh Allen comparisons leading up to the NFL Draft.The Tar Heels QB is an ELITE prospect

Ross Tucker Podcast @RossTuckerPod
“There are some very smart people around the league that I trust that believe Drake May is the #1 QB.”

@dpbrugler says some teams have Caleb Williams as QB2 for the 2024 NFL Draft

That's fair. Nine months early, and before we really know anything, it appears that picking in the top two next April could be a franchise changer.

The feel about these two seems a lot different than, say Lawrence & Wilson at this time in 2020.

Then again, IIRC, in 2014 the hype surrounding Jameis & Mariota was pretty high so it's still 100% a 🎲🎲 shoot that either of these guys pan out.

He might be taken #1 overall over Caleb Williams. Rumor has it some teams value him as the best QB in the class. Don’t shoot the messenger.

There is zero chance he goes ahead of Caleb. That’s almost like folks taking Trubisky ahead of Mahomes. Wait a second…

Jacob Infante
I talk about Caleb Williams a lot, but I do think Drake Maye also has a good chance of becoming a star in the NFL.

He’s a lot more crafty as a pocket passer than I think people realize. His IQ combined with his arm strength could be something special.

M keat
What do you think about his slow release like Fields? I do like Caleb's quick release especially in the NFL

Jacob Infante
Caleb definitely has a quick release and a more elastic arm. I think Maye makes up for it a bit with throw velocity and his decision-making

Remains to be seen if that’ll translate and the slower release will give him trouble, but it’s not *so* slow to the point I’m scared of it

Star is fading. How does that affect his draft positioning in Superflex? Was 1.03 behind Williams and MHjr., what about now?

Star is fading. How does that affect his draft positioning in Superflex? Was 1.03 behind Williams and MHjr., what about now?
I think ultimately Daniels overtakes him for QB2 taken in superflex. Maye will likely still be a 1st rounder, but could fall significantly based on the combine and his landing spot.

Will be a top 3 pick in my opinion. He seems to be the current focus of prospect fatigue and given he's the least spectacular of the top QB's it's understandable, but he has a solid profile, great tools and by all accounts will handle himself well through the draft process in interviews etc.

Lower fantasy ceiling than Daniels and Williams though, which I suspect is where some of the negativity is coming from.

It means nothing until the actual draft…I love all the speculation but we are now approaching the point where internet innuendo starts taking on a life of its own.

Maye train is starting to pick up steam. Lots of talk this week from some knowledgeable guys that he's the true top QB.

Impressive breakdown by Nate Tice from The Athletic

Maye train is starting to pick up steam. Lots of talk this week from some knowledgeable guys that he's the true top QB.

Impressive breakdown by Nate Tice from The Athletic

Funny though, others are saying he’s clearly the 3 and the debate for 1 is Caleb vs Daniels. We went through this last year with the “3rd guy” falling to the 2nd.
I don’t think any of them fall past 6. But I’d love to be a fly on the wall for Chicago, NE, or Washington.

I think ultimately Daniels overtakes him for QB2 taken in superflex. Maye will likely still be a 1st rounder, but could fall significantly based on the combine and his landing spot.
I have the 2 in my SF. I really don’t know if I’ll walk away with MH jr or Daniels. I don’t think I’d take Maye.

Peyton Manning isn’t a lock for 1. Ryan Leaf is in the mix.

CJ Stroud isn’t a lock for 1. Bryce Young is in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread