What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tanner McKee, PHI (1 Viewer)

Jared Tokarz @JaredNFLDraft
Looking for a later round potential sleeper at QB?

There’s a lot to like about #Stanford QB Tanner McKee
6’6 226
Big Arm (53 yard strike below)
65.4 comp %

Will need to work on his poise under pressure, progressing through his reads, footwork but the arm talent and measurable s are there for a team looking for a pure pocket passer.

McKee is a better prospect than Hooker in my opinion. He's like a Wal-Mart version of Stroud.

His college stats are very unimpressive.
His supporting cast was very unimpressive. Michael Wilson is probably an NFL #3 WR and he played 11 games in the last 2 years, other than that, its basically FCS talent around him. Like Levis, I think the NFL could actually be easier for him than college simply because his supporting cast won't be as far behind the defenses.

His accuracy is right there with Young and Stroud, though he's less nimble.

McKee is a better prospect than Hooker in my opinion. He's like a Wal-Mart version of Stroud.

His supporting cast was very unimpressive. Michael Wilson is probably an NFL #3 WR and he played 11 games in the last 2 years, other than that, its basically FCS talent around him. Like Levis, I think the NFL could actually be easier for him than college simply because his supporting cast won't be as far behind the defenses.

I can understand that to a point but the #'s really are not good at all and it is not like he plays in the SEC:

2327yds-15td-7int
2947yds-13td-8int

Add in the fact he is not a running threat...here is a scouting report on him:

Overview
Long, tall pocket passer with better arm strength than arm talent as a passer. McKee throws with an unorthodox delivery that becomes even more irregular when he feels rushed. He can make all the NFL throws and delivers a tight spiral with good velocity on intermediate and deep throws to the field side. However, his heavy feet and a lack of agility limit his effectiveness outside of the pocket and make him a magnet for pass rushers when protection becomes spotty. McKee clearly improved his throwing process in 2022, but he might lack the decision-making and functional mobility to make it in today’s NFL.

He just doesn't seem like a guy who projects to be anything more than a third stringer in today's NFL where mobility/elusiveness is becoming more and more important.

I can understand that to a point but the #'s really are not good at all and it is not like he plays in the SEC:

2327yds-15td-7int
2947yds-13td-8int

Add in the fact he is not a running threat...here is a scouting report on him:

Overview
Long, tall pocket passer with better arm strength than arm talent as a passer. McKee throws with an unorthodox delivery that becomes even more irregular when he feels rushed. He can make all the NFL throws and delivers a tight spiral with good velocity on intermediate and deep throws to the field side. However, his heavy feet and a lack of agility limit his effectiveness outside of the pocket and make him a magnet for pass rushers when protection becomes spotty. McKee clearly improved his throwing process in 2022, but he might lack the decision-making and functional mobility to make it in today’s NFL.

He just doesn't seem like a guy who projects to be anything more than a third stringer in today's NFL where mobility/elusiveness is becoming more and more important.
I would disagree with most of that scouting report. I'd agree about the lack of mobility, though even then, he's not a complete statue.

I'd say his arm talent is greater than his arm strength, he's arguably the most accurate passer in the draft. He's also not a bad decision maker at all. He's as good as Stroud (or better) at either of those things. Its actually arm strength (and again, mobility) where he falls behind.

I'm not saying he's some franchise guy, there is a good reason he won't go in round 1. But the idea that he is a 3rd string level guy is pretty out there in my eyes. I think he's a low-end starter on the Dalton-Foles career spectrum. That's well worth a day 2 pick in my opinion. Comparing McKee to Hooker, I think Hooker has a stronger arm, and more mobility (pre-knee injury) but McKee is better at everything else.

PFF loves him. Have him 32nd on their Big Board, virtually everyone else has him outside the Top 100. They say he graded well on their BTT/TOW ratio (big time throw-turnover worthy.) Same metric is the chief reason why they have Goff as QB19 based on his 2022 grades.

PFF loves him. Have him 32nd on their Big Board, virtually everyone else has him outside the Top 100. They say he graded well on their BTT/TOW ratio (big time throw-turnover worthy.) Same metric is the chief reason why they have Goff as QB19 based on his 2022 grades.
Using their mock draft simulator is awesome. Except that starting in the 2nd round, this future Bay area insurance salesman is the top ranked guy on your board till like round 5.

Eagles selected Stanford QB Tanner McKee with the No. 188 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

McKee (6’6/231) was a four-star recruit who had offers from Auburn, Alabama, and USC, along with several other Power Five schools before he decided to attend Stanford. Boasting excellent size and arm strength, McKee is a pure pocket passer who does little to create with his feet and was sacked on 27.1 percent of his pressures. He managed just 28 touchdown passes on 755 attempts and was held without a touchdown in four of his final seven games, but lacked NFL talent at receiver. He benefits from running a pro-style offense at Stanford and is comfortable operating under center and from shotgun. His height allows him to see all levels of the field with ease, and he throws an accurate ball when kept clean. His numbers when facing pressure are wildly underwhelming and will need to improve drastically if he hopes to stick in the NFL. Luckily for McKee, he will get plenty of time to develop while working with an excellent coaching staff in Philadelphia.
Apr 29, 2023, 4:08 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread