What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College QB Tyler Van Dyke, Miami-Future 1st round pick (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Lifelong Canes fan that does not go around the Shark Pool hyping all of them going into the NFL, rare that I do one of these but since Miami fired Manny Diaz today and hired Mario Cristobal...the waters are churning now and I would say Miami is moving from Trop Storm force winds to at least a Cat 1 Hurricane with Cristobal on board they get into open warm water(recruiting) and I see Miami making a very fast rise to the top of the ACC. I could be wrong but Cristobal was Alonzo Highsmith's choice for next coach behind the curtains. They made the change and I think Van Dyke is going to have 2 more incredible years here before he will be sucked right up into the NFL Draft, this kid could easily be a Top 5 pick, he is that good and he has just avg talent around him at the moment but he is going to see an infusion of new blood with the new coach on board. 

Cristobal goes back to the 80s Canes and I think he will succeed here easily with his relationships locally here in South Florida, he won't let all of them out of the 305, this program is going to get a huge shot in the arm. 

Freshman 6' 4", 225, good size frame and a strong arm, one of the better one I have seen in a while wearing a Canes jersey. 

In about 9 games he has almost 3,000 yds passing and 25 TDs vs 6 Interceptions, he is pretty good with the football about not turning it over. Honestly, if the NFL could take him legally right now I think he would be drafted fairly high, it's not a rose colored set of glasses and I encourage you to watch him play. No doubt in my mind that when he beat the 2 ranked teams on the road B2B in the middle of this run, he is doing things no other rookie QB has done at Miami unless you count Bernie Kosar who they say was a Freshman when he won his title in MIami '83.

In his last 6 starts he has almost 2,000 yds passing and 20 TDs  vs 3 Int. He is a classic pocket passer but can sidestep and buy time but he is not a running QB at all IMO. He exhibits a lot of smarts for such a young age and a lot of what I see is him going thru his progressions and makes good decisions. You must keep an eye on this guy, some team in 2024 is going to be running to the podium to select this guy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami went and hired Gattis from Michigan

Gattis served as the Alabama Co-Coordinator on the 2018 team that went undefeated until the Championship where they got trounced by Clemson. 

OC for Michigan from '19-'21 and felt slighted when Harbaugh was getting wined and dined by the NFL leveraging it for himself to get Michigan into the fetal position to extend him long term, guess Gattis didn't feel like he was ever part of the solution if Harbaugh left, with no future at Michigan he hops over to Miami, could be one and done and possibly on to a Head Coach opportunity as early as 2023 

-Van Dyke was an attractive piece of the puzzle for any coach to come here and work with. 

Van Dyke is a future Top 5 pick in the draft IMHO, I've seen enough fluff come and go at the University of Miami, this guy is the real deal and his tape if you look at what he did this past season, phenomenal and upgraded the entire Offense. 

Some of his highlights, he's got some wicked weapons especially at RB, those guys can take a screen and turn on the jets. I also see a lot of nice deep throws, sideline passes back shoulder which is tough to teach or learn for so many QBs, he makes it look effortless. He has good touch even when he throws it downfield. 

He has at least 2 more full seasons at Miami, a lot will be expected of him, he seems enjoy the challenge, I hate to use the word fearless but he ain't scared to challenge the Defense and let it rip, he's the best QB Miami has seen since Craig Erickson in '89. 

I hope the new coaches can maximize his talent. 

Users who are viewing this thread