What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB Braelon Allen, Wisconsin (1 Viewer)

NFL Rookie Watch
Braelon Allen has officially announced that he is ENTERING the 2024 NFL Draft.

Allen is still just 19 YEARS OLD and has already received some comparisons to Derrick Henry by some NFL scouts.

Allen currently stands at 6’2”, 245 pounds and is one of the strongest backs in all of football.

Allen was even squatting over 600 pounds when he was just 17 years old.

Talent and potential wise, it’s hard to see how Allen ISN’T the RB1 in the 2024 NFL Draft

Addison Hayes
With TreVeyon Henderson officially going back to school, let me introduce you to the 2024 RB1: Braelon Allen.

• Currently still 19 years old
• 6'2" 245lbs
• Back-to-back 1200+/11+ seasons in 2021 and 2022 (he played his entire freshman season at 17 years old!)
• Showcased receiving ability with 28 receptions in Wisconsin's new offense in 2023

Many people will point to a regression in production in 2023 (only 984 yards and 12 TDs), but Wisconsin sometimes forgot they had him in a couple games. Remove the three games he saw <12 carries, and his 12-game pace is 1,350 yards and 18 TDs, plus 30 receptions, career highs in every category.

When he's a 2nd round pick to Baltimore or Dallas, he'll be a top-8 (or higher) pick in superflex rookie drafts, top-5 in 1QB rookie drafts.

Oh, did I mention he doesn't turn 20 years old until January 20th!? He literally will be signing his second contract in the NFL at 24 years old!

If Braelon Allen isn't your 2024 rookie RB1, then I'm sorry, you're just wrong...

I truly despise watching these types of RBs. Brandon Jacobs, AJ Dillon, Latavius Murray, etc. Not saying they cannot be effective, they are just aesthetically unpleasant to my eye.

Corey Buschlen
You guys are out of your damn minds ranking Braelon Allen RB1 or Top 3 in this class

✅20.4 on Draft Night
✅Great Size
❌Slow Feet (3%⁉️ Missed tackles forced per SIS)
❌Disappointing Through Contact
❌Lapses with Vision/Instincts
❌Pass Pro miscues
❌Limited receiver
❌Ball security
❌Lack of acceleration/top gear
❌42% Backfield dominator (Career high)

Other than being big and young please tell me what this dude does at an above average level

I expected to watch a better version of AJ Dillon and I got a worse version

Extremely disappointed with the lack of finish through contact especially, even if you're stiff and not the most explosive for your size that's fair

But arm tackles from DBs taking this guy down was eye opening

Games studied: Ohio State (2023), Iowa (2023) & Illinois (2023)

An absurd stat to illustrate what I'm talking about here

Braelon Allen at 6'2 240lbs broke a tackle on 14.36% of his runs

Bucky Irving at 5'10 190lbs broke a tackle on 18.38% of his runs

All of the other "big backs" in this class: Vidal, Lloyd, Milton were over 20%

Austin Abbott
𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻 𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 (𝟲’𝟮, 𝟮𝟰𝟱 𝗹𝗯𝘀)

𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗘 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻: (𝟭𝟳 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱)

📍𝟭,𝟮𝟱𝟴 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀
📍𝟭𝟮 𝗧𝗗’𝘀
📍𝟲.𝟴 𝗬𝗣𝗖

𝟯,𝟰𝟴𝟮 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗕𝗘𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝟮𝟬 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗢𝗹𝗱..

𝗔𝗱𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀

This is another guy I am surprised people aren't in love with, it seems like people are sleeping on these "old school" player profiles. With as much as teams pass, being a good pass protector is going to get you on the playing field. At 6 ft 1, 235 lbs I have no doubt he's going to be able to stonewall LB. Especially if he blocks with the same violence in which he finishes runs.

I have him just under Wright. I wish I knew what his 40 time was, but I don't think it matters. I was shocked to learn that Braelon Allen wasn't the consensus 1.01. Again, if this guy came out 20 years ago he'd be a 1st Round Pick in NFL and Fantasy. Does everyone else not see that he's Michael Turner version 2.0? He's going to immediately be the goalline back on any team he plays on and could score 10+ TD right out of the gate. That's worth 60 catches in PPR, right?

If Gus Edwards can produce in this league, if you put this guy in the right system he can exactly the same thing as him. He also reminds me of a rich man's Beanie Wells. You guys remember Beanie Wells? :lol: The landing spot will determine his fantasy value, but if I was an NFL GM I'd take this cat over Benson & Lloyd. It's close though, but I see this guy with an obvious role while the other guys are more overall talented that it might take them awhile to see playing time. But every team needs a speedster (Wright) and a thumper (Allen), so for me they are my #1 and #2 since they have obvious paths to playing time that I can't guarantee the others will have.

Last edited:
This is another guy I am surprised people aren't in love with, it seems like people are sleeping on these "old school" player profiles. With as much as teams pass, being a good pass protector is going to get you on the playing field. At 6 ft 1, 235 lbs I have no doubt he's going to be able to stonewall RB. Especially if he blocks with the same violence in which he finishes runs.

I have him just under Wright. I wish I knew what his 40 time was, but I don't think it matters. I was shocked to learn that Braelon Allen wasn't the consensus 1.01. Again, if this guy came out 20 years ago he's be a 1st Round Pick in NFL and Fantasy. Does everyone else not see that he's Michael Turner version 2.0? He's going to immediately be the goalline back on any team he plays on and could score 10+ TD right out of the gate. That's worth 60 catches in PPR, right?

If Gus Edwards can produce in this league, if you put this guy in the right system he can exactly the same thing as him. He also reminds me of a rich man's Beanie Wells. You guys remember Beanie Wells? :lol: The landing spot will determine his fantasy value, but if I was an NFL GM I'd take this cat over Benson & Lloyd. It's close though, but I see this guy with an obvious role while the other guys are more overall talented that it might take them awhile to see playing time. But every team needs a speedster (Wright) and a thumper (Allen), so for me they are my #1 and #2 since they have obvious paths to playing time that I can't guarantee the others will have.
No doubt there is some old school, smashmouth appeal to Allen. With some recent success, however, of Gus Edwards and Rhamondre Stevenson - big guys with nifty footwork, I am a little surprised that Allen is getting so little respect. Allen can certainly have some success, and his upside could be Jamal Lewis-lite (if you can call anything about Braelon Allen 'lite').

The knock on Allen for PPR formats is his lack of a receiving profile. He is still very young, so perhaps he can improve in that area.

Allen could really help his draft stock with a good Pro Day showing this week. For now, however, he slots behind Benson/Brooks/Corum/Wright/and Lloyd for me. If you can grab Allen at his current draft price, he could be a real bargain!

The fact he didn’t run at the combine tells me he’s probably in that Estime 4.7 range.

I think teams are looking for more well rounded players in the backfield these days.

That said, as defenses adjust to the modern passing game with smaller player packages maybe the offenses should zag back to more power run game looks.

Allen 1.01?!?!

That's the hottest fantasy take I've heard so far this draft season.

I know bro, even I feel a little silly typing that but if you left me in a room with no tape that was the conclusion I would have come to. :lol:

Since realizing I was the only one, I firmly dropped him. I'm just used to a RB going 1.01 every year I guess. It's like that most years and I guess I must have been stretching, but to me he's a no brainer prospect. He's gonna produce in the big boy league, does he need to be 1.01?

I don't know about that, but it was my honest thought.

Ross Tucker Podcast
“I struggled with him on tape…didn’t run like a 235lb back…straightline…didn’t run with a lot of power…”

@GregCosell discusses Wisconsin RB Braelon Allen on the @RossTuckerPod:

Marcus Mosher
This is where I'm at with Braelon Allen too. I wish he were a little bit more punishing for his size.

I'm not sure where he gets drafted. His ranking on the consensus board is right around 100.

Dan Schneier
I’m with Greg on this one. This is not a Badger I want the #Giants targeting.

Austin Abbott
Here are 𝗔𝗟𝗟 of the 𝗕𝗼𝘅𝗲𝘀 that this 𝗥𝗕 checks:

➖𝗦𝗶𝘇𝗲: 𝟲’𝟭 (𝟴𝟵𝘁𝗵%), 𝟮𝟯𝟱 𝗹𝗯𝘀 (𝟵𝟰𝘁𝗵%)
➖𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: 𝟭,𝟮𝟱𝟬+ 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 at 𝟭𝟳
➖𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: 𝟯,𝟰𝟬𝟬+ 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀, 𝟯𝟲 𝗧𝗗’𝘀

If you haven’t figured it out yet, he 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸𝘀 several OTHER 𝗯𝗼𝘅𝗲𝘀:

➖𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝟮𝟴 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 (𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯)
➖𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁 𝗖𝗮𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹: 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝟯𝗿𝗱 𝗥𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗣𝗶𝗰𝗸
➖𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆: 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 in 𝟯𝟱/𝟯𝟲 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 (𝟵𝟳.𝟮%)

This 𝗥𝗕 𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝟭𝘀𝘁 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕 in 𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝘆𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 (𝟴𝟭𝟰) against 𝟴+ 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝘅𝗲𝘀 in 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭.

This 𝗥𝗕 𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝟭𝘀𝘁 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕 in 𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝘆𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 (𝟴𝟰𝟳) against 𝟴+ 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝘅𝗲𝘀 in 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮.

𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙄𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣:

➖𝟭𝟬+ 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 in 𝟯 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀
➖𝟱.𝟰+ 𝗬𝗣𝗔 or 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗘𝗥 in 𝟯 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀
➖𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗠𝗧𝗙 over the past 𝟮 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀

Fellas, this is a 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻 𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 tweet.

I worry that this guy is a Doberman on paper and a Chihuahua on the field. Maybe with the right coach he lives up to the potential his build and athleticism support?

I worry that this guy is a Doberman on paper and a Chihuahua on the field. Maybe with the right coach he lives up to the potential his build and athleticism support?
Sure seems like all of draft twitter is down on this guy. I think he seems like a pretty big disappointment based on what he billed as his freshman year.

This is another guy I am surprised people aren't in love with, it seems like people are sleeping on these "old school" player profiles. With as much as teams pass, being a good pass protector is going to get you on the playing field. At 6 ft 1, 235 lbs I have no doubt he's going to be able to stonewall RB. Especially if he blocks with the same violence in which he finishes runs.

I have him just under Wright. I wish I knew what his 40 time was, but I don't think it matters. I was shocked to learn that Braelon Allen wasn't the consensus 1.01. Again, if this guy came out 20 years ago he's be a 1st Round Pick in NFL and Fantasy. Does everyone else not see that he's Michael Turner version 2.0? He's going to immediately be the goalline back on any team he plays on and could score 10+ TD right out of the gate. That's worth 60 catches in PPR, right?

No doubt there is some old school, smashmouth appeal to Allen. With some recent success, however, of Gus Edwards and Rhamondre Stevenson - big guys with nifty footwork, I am a little surprised that Allen is getting so little respect. Allen can certainly have some success, and his upside could be Jamal Lewis-lite (if you can call anything about Braelon Allen 'lite').

The knock on Allen for PPR formats is his lack of a receiving profile. He is still very young, so perhaps he can improve in that area.

Allen could really help his draft stock with a good Pro Day showing this week. For now, however, he slots behind Benson/Brooks/Corum/Wright/and Lloyd for me. If you can grab Allen at his current draft price, he could be a real bargain!
Lots of analysts also seem to say he's very soft, doesn't run hard and isn't the athlete he was built up to be.

Lots of analysts also seem to say he's very soft, doesn't run hard and isn't the athlete he was built up to be.
I have seen those same comments. I have Allen as my RB6 in this class. I have seen him considerably lower on some draft boards. If a defender can get Allen moving laterally, his power is no doubt diminished, but if he squares you up moving North-South, he is a punishing runner, in my opinion. (That same comment about running east-west as opposed to north-south applies to most runners, but especially taller backs.) He reminds me a bit of Latavius Murray. Murray was never an elite back, but he has been a steady performer. That may be what a team gets with Allen. I think Allen is potentially a better receiver than his stats suggest (although he did improve in that regard in 2023), and he will need to expand his route tree. Allen isn't an explosive athlete; his speed is more build-up speed, but for a back his size, I think he has good athleticism.

Users who are viewing this thread