What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Keaontay Ingram, ARI (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
6'0" 215 age 22
4.53 40
34" vert 122" broad
23 bench reps

Played well for Texas before Bijan Robinson came along. Had 144/853/7 and 29/242/3 as a sophomore. He transferred to USC for his senior season and had 156/911/5 and 22/156.

Might not be anything special but I saw him go in a BB tourney draft by an owner that is very sharp and informed. So I thought I'd dig a little and start a thread. Yet another guy with feature back size and good production and measurables.

https://youtu.be/CCBVBnUCL2Q

His size is great.  I like that tape for sure.  He doesn't look fast but it also looks like he is patient behind the LoS and seems to read blocks very well.  Reminds me a little of Leveon Bell, which is great but without top end speed and quickness it likely leads to, at best, threes years of good end production before the wheels fall off. And that's only if he gets the chance to be a lead back and not simply a cog in a RB rotation.

Just took him with my last pick in a draft. 

Receiving back skills, feature back size, behind John Connor and Eno Benjamin. 

6th round pick, so he might not even make the team, and he looks long-legged, maybe center of gravity not as low as I would like, but he cuts pretty well:

Just took him with my last pick in a draft. 

Receiving back skills, feature back size, behind John Connor and Eno Benjamin. 

6th round pick, so he might not even make the team, and he looks long-legged, maybe center of gravity not as low as I would like, but he cuts pretty well:

Yeah I like him. I've seen quite a few people stack Eno and Ingram late in redrafts.

Sixth-round RB Keaontay Ingram is a candidate to replace Chase Edmonds as the Cardinals' No. 2 back.

Edmonds averaged over 13 touches behind James Conner in the role last year. While that workload is unlikely for the rookie, Conner's injury history (11 missed games since 2019) makes Ingram a hedge with plug-and-play upside if Conner misses time. Ingram's main competition will be third-year RB Eno Benjamin, a 2020 seventh-round pick that's played nine games the past two seasons.

SOURCE: azcardinals.com

May 20, 2022, 7:05 PM ET

AZ just signed Darrel Williams, wonder how that effects Ingram. Williams may get playing time. 

A bit of a gut punch to Conner owners because I do think DW will have some involvement.   Safe to say that Conner isn't matching his '21 TD count.   It takes some shine off of Ingram's 2022 upside, but no affect to his long term outlook and he might still be the best candidate to fill the Edmonds role.    I feel better about being able to snag him late.

AZ was always going to sign someone. You're crazy if you thought they were rolling into '22 with James Conner, Eno, and Ingram.

I still like Ingram's price point in dynasty. You could do worse in the late 3rd. That's the zone where you take RB's with some semblance of talent and hope they get their shot. 

AZ was always going to sign someone. You're crazy if you thought they were rolling into '22 with James Conner, Eno, and Ingram.

I still like Ingram's price point in dynasty. You could do worse in the late 3rd. That's the zone where you take RB's with some semblance of talent and hope they get their shot. 

It's no surprise, but if you own Conner or already drafted Ingram, you probably weren't hoping for the most relevant FA RB still on the market (arguably), that amassed 1,000 all-purpose yards.   Probably looking for something more in the Malcolm Brown tier.  That said, DW isn't a world-beater.   If Ingram looks like a 6th round steal, he won't be blocked out and nobody's drafting him with the expectation of being a serviceable fantasy RB3 out of the gate.

I actually didn't realize that Conner was statistically more efficient in the passing game than Edmonds, so maybe he loses some goal line carries and early down work, but is a bit more involved in the passing game.

It's no surprise, but if you own Conner or already drafted Ingram, you probably weren't hoping for the most relevant FA RB still on the market (arguably), that amassed 1,000 all-purpose yards.   Probably looking for something more in the Malcolm Brown tier.  That said, DW isn't a world-beater.   If Ingram looks like a 6th round steal, he won't be blocked out and nobody's drafting him with the expectation of being a serviceable fantasy RB3 out of the gate.

I actually didn't realize that Conner was statistically more efficient in the passing game than Edmonds, so maybe he loses some goal line carries and early down work, but is a bit more involved in the passing game.
I don't think this hurts Conner much at all.  It may help keep him fresh.  Williams is a solid (but unspectacular) RB.  He can do everything ok but nothing great.  I like the signing especially since I already have Williams and Conner.  It was where I wanted Williams to sign.  

I don't think this hurts Conner much at all.  It may help keep him fresh.  Williams is a solid (but unspectacular) RB.  He can do everything ok but nothing great.  I like the signing especially since I already have Williams and Conner.  It was where I wanted Williams to sign.  
I saw Williams make some fantastic catches last year.

Sure, no problem with that, but patience may be required.
Plus there’s the chance they draft a RB next year - they’ve only invested a 6th in Ingram. Look at Eno Benjamin who no one is even talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my thing about thinking he might supplant Conner in 2023. And honestly I think this philosophy applies to all rookies. They're only going to be in position to do that in year 2 if they flash in year 1. They are going to have to show *something* that earns them that next shot. And if they *do* flash in year one then all bets are off and he could take over a solid role like a 1A/1B thing as early as this year. I feel like it is a pass/fail situation (especially for a 6th rounder). Either he isn't that guy and we sort of figure that out right away, or he flashes enough that it could become a reality.

I would expect someone like D Williams to take over if Conner got hurt. Even if Ingram does flash. And I agree that not enough people are talking about Eno. But there just isn't anything behind Conner to stop Ingram from becoming the 2 this year except himself. We'll see. 

Keaontay Ingram rushed nine times for 14 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 7 win over the Saints, adding two receptions for 23 additional yards.​

The sixth-round rookie finally saw some run as Arizona's fill-in No. 2 back, but it was spot-starter Eno Benjamin who was far more effective. Ingram was still inches away from a second score late in the third quarter but ended up being ruled down by contact. With James Conner (ribs) likely returning for Week 8 against the Vikings, running back desperados don't need to be heading to the waiver wire to scoop Ingram up.
Oct 21, 2022, 12:32 AM ET

Keaontay Ingram rushed nine times for 14 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 7 win over the Saints, adding two receptions for 23 additional yards.​

The sixth-round rookie finally saw some run as Arizona's fill-in No. 2 back, but it was spot-starter Eno Benjamin who was far more effective. Ingram was still inches away from a second score late in the third quarter but ended up being ruled down by contact. With James Conner (ribs) likely returning for Week 8 against the Vikings, running back desperados don't need to be heading to the waiver wire to scoop Ingram up.
9/14 lovely. No thanks.

9/14 lovely. No thanks.
Yeah. Not overly impressive that game.

Got offered McBride straight up for him in dynasty after Eno was released. Pretty smash accept for me

He looked very good in limited reps. Serious burst and no fear. I almost grabbed him after he scored that TD but waited too long. You could do worse at this stage of the season. Could be a league winner of Connor goes down again.

Second on the depth chart with an aging RB ahead of him. Stats did not look great last year but some still deem a potential sleeper. For dynasty he probably comes pretty cheap/free and this team could look dramatically different next year with Ingram in position to get the bulk of the carries if he shows improvement.

Keaontay Ingram rushed five times for -4 yards in the Cardinals’ Week 1 loss to the Commanders.

Ingram was not targeted in the passing game. James Conner, meanwhile, played over 80 percent of the Cardinals’ snaps. Ingram should get ample opportunity to serve as a “breather back,” but he is nowhere close to standalone fantasy value right now.

- Rotoworld

Anyone with any insight on Ingram's neck situation? Any homers know if he's close to returning?

Everyone's falling over themselves to get the rookie, but I recall last year this guy had pretty decent buzz.

Picking him up may not be the worst idea.

Anyone with any insight on Ingram's neck situation? Any homers know if he's close to returning?

Everyone's falling over themselves to get the rookie, but I recall last year this guy had pretty decent buzz.

I picked him up this week. Don't have any links, but have heard reports he should be back this week and those same reports think it will actually be Ingram, and not Demercado that handles the early down work.

Alex Caruso
Keaontay Ingram has been the primary backup for James Conner the last two years

And he should be available this week after two limited practices in Week 5

Pick him up over Emari Demercado

Adam Koffler
Love your stuff Alex, but this isn’t a take I can get behind

Demercado showed more juice in one game than Keaontay Ingram has shown in 15 career games combined

Alex Caruso

Adam Koffler

Demercado showed more juice in one game than Keaontay Ingram has shown in 15 career games combined
Agree with Adam here. I think Alex's take is trying to connect the dots too much from what happened in the past. Things change quickly, especially for a guy (Ingram) who hasn't proven anything to date.

Alex Caruso

Adam Koffler

Agree with Adam here. I think Alex's take is trying to connect the dots too much from what happened in the past. Things change quickly, especially for a guy (Ingram) who hasn't proven anything to date.
Those bidding high on Demercado may have egg on their face, but I agree with you, things do change quickly. It's not like Ingram has proven anything the last couple of years and I can see that Demercado has passed him.

I picked him up this week. Don't have any links, but have heard reports he should be back this week and those same reports think it will actually be Ingram, and not Demercado that handles the early down work.
Interesting.

I actually picked up D. Foreman last night. Debating Ingram.

Not wure what's better...CHI with D. Foreman and R. Johnson or AZ offense with K. Ingram, the rookie, and maybe even T. Jones.

Interesting.

Not wure what's better...CHI with D. Foreman and R. Johnson or AZ offense with K. Ingram, the rookie, and maybe even T. Jones.
Yeah, that is a tough call. Not sure I really like any of them more than the others.

Interesting.

Yeah, that is a tough call. Not sure I really like any of them more than the others.
Either one is my #8 RB, but I do have K. Herbert. I could see Foreman stepping into his role and R. Johnson staying as is for a while.

Interesting.

Ingram has been an absolute scrub in his career. Just check those YPCs. Foreman on the other hand has had some monster games in the past. I think its pretty obvious which one Id rather stash.

Someone somewhere on here tried to say the shark move is Ingram, but I don't see where he has ever done anything to justify he is the shark move.

Interesting development. If I had to guess, it might start as an RBBC, but if one of them becomes the hot hand, it morphs to one guy being the primary RB. Unfortunately, it's anyone's guess who that guy will be.

Do teams update depth charts during the season? This could just mean he was 2nd string to start the season and with conner going to IR they just move him up to 1st string. Don't think it means much. The guy is horrible.

Waldman loves him but every time I look at box scores he seems to be running backwards. I don’t get it. Either way I think it is probably a committee making them all suspect.

Do teams update depth charts during the season? This could just mean he was 2nd string to start the season and with conner going to IR they just move him up to 1st string. Don't think it means much. The guy is horrible.
I think so but unlike injuries there is no obligation to be accurate. I am not sure I would put much stock into it.

Would you drop any of Eli Mitchell, JSN, Josh Reynolds or Doubs for him?
Not good at advice.. because I viewed Reynolds as more of a floor play, I opted to add Osborn. Always liked Doubs, a player I targeted in drafts. But then dropped with the emergence of Reed. We don't know why ARI didn't add a RB when Ingram missed time & given Conner's history of injury. But they obviously were confident in Demercado this past week if something did occur. Further proof is that they didn't shy away from going to him.

Quick & another one of these guys that's disproportionately low. The other thing you gotta like is his name, Emari Demercado! It's got a certain ring to it, doesn't it? Like that of a league-winner. :) I personally believe he can assume the volume. Doesn't mean he's going to & it makes sense that Ingram would get the nod initially. Would be great to know what to expect, but I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread