What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Company secrets they dont want you to know (1 Viewer)

Also Crown Salted Caramel when they have had it.

I prefer good bourbon…but having a sweet tooth as well…some flavor from time to time on a cold night isn’t a bad thing.

Also Crown Salted Caramel when they have had it.

I prefer good bourbon…but having a sweet tooth as well…some flavor from time to time on a cold night isn’t a bad thing.

have you tried the Jim Bean Stag?

####'s smooth and pretty COTdamn tasty - FTW.

PSA from the videos for those who dont watch. 

All butter is the same butter. The same plant will send to 8 different packaging plants. Great value is the same as name brands. 
My grandpa ran a grocery store, and one of his BFFs ran a butter/dairy plant.  Grandpa used to argue with my grandma about this exact thing.  She never believed him, lol.

banks don’t care about your business for the most part.  every consumer complains and complains and says they are a customer for 20 years and i am going to move my $5000.  go, please.  retail banking is a loss.  go to the newspaper, call your congressman, we don’t care.  we turn on the lights and make a billion dollars a quarter.  i tell people all the time a bank is a business, it’s not a charity.  like any other business.  if you go to a supermarket and you hate them and they treat you poorly and all you do is complain, do you keep shopping there or do you go somewhere else?

I was on a flight in a bad storm one time and our plane got struck by lightening. Flash, boom, lights go out, guy in front of us jumps up and starts hysterically screaming.

Flight attendant informs us that planes are designed to absorb lightening strikes and most major airline planes get struck about once a year.

Not sure it's a "secret" but interesting nonetheless.  :shrug:

I was on a flight in a bad storm one time and our plane got struck by lightening. Flash, boom, lights go out, guy in front of us jumps up and starts hysterically screaming.

Flight attendant informs us that planes are designed to absorb lightening strikes and most major airline planes get struck about once a year.

Not sure it's a "secret" but interesting nonetheless.  :shrug:
Its a big flying Faraday cage.  Not a secret.

Worst thing heard...

Chocolate milk tends to be the milk that has cows blood in it. It comes out pink but it's easier to add chocolate flavor to cover the color issue. 
My brother worked in a milk packaging plant.  He didn't say that it had blood, but that they put all the "leftovers" in chocolate milk as it's easier to disguise.  

And milk is all the same.  Barber's and the store brand come from the same place.

This is also true of liquid laundry detergent (not e.g. Tide pods) and liquid dishwasher detergent (like Cascade or Palmolive, not e.g. Finish pods). A lot of people fill the cap all the way up every load. Nobody reads the small print, but the backs of laundry detergent jugs usually recommend only about 1.5 oz (three tablespoons) per medium laundry load.

For most loads of laundry, a quarter of a capful of liquid detergent is close enough to 1.5 oz (~ 6 to 8 oz is a typical full cap for the big jugs of liquid detergent). If it's lightly-worn stuff (which is 80% of laundry), two tablespoons (1 oz) is plenty.

What if you're washing something unusually soiled, like if you spilled a bunch of spaghetti sauce onto your clothes? Or infield dirt off of a baseball uniform? Use the recommended amount of laundry detergent and then add in some dishwashing liquid (like Dawn or Ajax) to the load -- a 1/4 cup is plenty.

Dawn Powerwash works great as a stain remover for clothes. Just spray some on the stain right before you toss it in the washer. 

banks don’t care about your business for the most part.  every consumer complains and complains and says they are a customer for 20 years and i am going to move my $5000.  go, please.  retail banking is a loss.  go to the newspaper, call your congressman, we don’t care.  we turn on the lights and make a billion dollars a quarter.  i tell people all the time a bank is a business, it’s not a charity.  like any other business.  if you go to a supermarket and you hate them and they treat you poorly and all you do is complain, do you keep shopping there or do you go somewhere else?
You say that but my mother brought down a bank 25 years ago.  So, for most people, I'd say you're right.  But, then again, don't #### with my mother - it's a bad idea.

My brother worked in a milk packaging plant.  He didn't say that it had blood, but that they put all the "leftovers" in chocolate milk as it's easier to disguise.  

And milk is all the same.  Barber's and the store brand come from the same place.
Hogwash. Taste is noticeably different among the various brands.

Hogwash. Taste is noticeably different among the various brands
I’m not ready to move on to pig’s blood unless we’re discussing Carrie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so.

fanciest dinner I've ever gone to (Per Se) had a freaking Butter Steward offering us pairings for our bread... each supposedly from a differnt spot on the globe, with a schpiel for each option as if it was fine wine.
I almost went to that restaurant in NYC. I was prepared for the price of the meal, but didn’t have a sport coat, so failed the dress code.

Anyway, how was it?

Food was fantastic. Every course had an amuse bouche between...each one better than the last. And each course fantastic. Our friend was the pastry chef there, so when it came time for desert courses...hfs...it never ended...we started laughing at first, and eventually it turned to fear....so many deserts. Best gin and tonics I've ever had. It was a months rent for dinner for four. Meanwhile, the table next to us was a couple high school kids on a date. NYC in a nutshell 

Not quite as bad as that, but heard most of the flavored whiskey and vodka is made from lesser ingredients than their regular bottles. Not to mention lower proof. 🙁
I don't buy that crap, but I'm glad it exists.

My hope is that distillers being able to sell the trash for a huge profit helps subsidize the cost of proper whiskey, keeping it more affordable. Kind of like all the people in credit card debt make it so that some can have great credit card rewards.

Calling @SWCfor confirmation.  Take that to the bank brohan

If you have comparison shopped imitation vanilla vs. the real stuff you are aware of the significant cost difference.

Pricy pure vanilla extract is made by extracting the flavor from vanilla beans (duh).

After the extraction process, the essentially flavorless bean remains still have value! Much of these are sold to large volume brands making premium* “vanilla bean” ice cream.

In these product images, visual evidence of vanilla bean misleads the fact that the vanilla flavor in the ice cream is derived from the cheaper imitation vanilla.

* While I know this is common, seems probable there are exceptions.

NorvilleBarnes said:
Most movie theaters don't use butter in their "butter flavored" popcorn topping.
I’m not sure any do.

This is a good one. The popcorn flavor recipe includes a chemical Diacetyl. While safe for human consumption, the vapors of Diacetyl caused a very severe lung disease in multiple factory workers in the US in the early 2000s, referred to as “popcorn-lung” disease.

Obviously no dairy farmers here.  Blood in milk can be common while a cow is milking calves, but that cow would not be milked for human consumption.  Milk gets tested before it's ever put in the tanker trucks and if there is an discoloring it will be rejected.  It may still get collected for other uses as there are different grades of milk, but it will not get used for human consumption.  
@beef is killing this thread! I feel a connection! 

BeTheMatch said:
Hogwash. Taste is noticeably different among the various brands.
I worked in a large cheese plant years ago.  The same cheese was labeled for dozens and dozens of various brands, including large national brands and more generic store brands.  

PSA from the videos for those who dont watch. 

All butter is the same butter. The same plant will send to 8 different packaging plants. Great value is the same as name brands. 
Ages ago, Duracell used to sell all their extras to Costco and other stores as store-brand batteries.  Same exact batteries.  I imagine this still happens, but my source retired so I can't confirm.

Sand said:
Chemical X said:
You say that but my mother brought down a bank 25 years ago.  So, for most people, I'd say you're right.  But, then again, don't #### with my mother - it's a bad idea.
Since you are in Alabama I was going to guess Colonial Bank, but I think that was in the 2007 - 2010 neighborhood of when they got busted.

Since you are in Alabama I was going to guess Colonial Bank, but I think that was in the 2007 - 2010 neighborhood of when they got busted.
My mother is deceased and I don't remember details, but if I remember it was a small bank in Tennessee.  They were taking escrow monies and not paying the insurance, etc.  She got state regulators on them (she put lots of effort into it) and it ended up shuttering the bank.  

Users who are viewing this thread