What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Considering joining Fantasy Aces, over FD (1 Viewer)

cpstorm

Footballguy
Currently playing on fantasy duel, considering moving to fantasy aces. Some of the discussions about the environment on fan duel changing have brought me to this possible change. Anyone want to comment on whether their tournaments fill up, payouts, differences, or anything that's relevant.

For example, a cash games what's the cutline? Is it to 2-1 like FD?

I have been playing FantasyAces the last few weeks. There are not a lot of tournaments, but there is some overlay every week.

I have been really struggling over there though so far. Pricing is pretty tight and I have really been struggling with the start 2 QB and 2 flex positions. No kicker though so that is a plus.

The one thing that I would say about joining any new site is to start slow. It is a completely unique environment with two quarterbacks starting and as previously mentioned the pricing can be tight at times. It is critical that you find the value plays or are willing to sacrifice at the quarterback position.

What I would do is I would start by joining their biggest 50/50's which are a few dollars, and really taking the time to evaluate ownership percentage, winning rosters, strategies of spending up at quarterback or punting it, etc.

It is a fun site, I enjoy it primarily due to the two quarterback system and two flex which allows for greater roster flexibility.

Looks like Deangelo Williams is going to be a lock this week at $4850. Will be extremely high owned, but looks to be a big value.

Looks like Deangelo Williams is going to be a lock this week at $4850. Will be extremely high owned, but looks to be a big value.
Here are my initial thoughts:

Mike Evans at 5k against the Giants will be popular,

Jonathan Stewart's price continues to stay low

Jeremy Langford at 4350 is almost a must play

Jamies Winston at 5700

Matt Ryan is great value at 6550

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to check where your current contests are at without going in one by one? So like on Fanduel or Yahoo it will say Ive got $40 in a lineup, across 20 entries, and its winning $60. I cant for the life of me see that anywhere on FantasyAces and it drives me nuts.

Is there a way to check where your current contests are at without going in one by one? So like on Fanduel or Yahoo it will say Ive got $40 in a lineup, across 20 entries, and its winning $60. I cant for the life of me see that anywhere on FantasyAces and it drives me nuts.
If you click on dashboard, it will show all of your active contests.

If you click on dashboard, it will show all of your active contests.
And I cant believe I missed that. Thank you.

The one thing that I would say about joining any new site is to start slow. It is a completely unique environment with two quarterbacks starting and as previously mentioned the pricing can be tight at times. It is critical that you find the value plays or are willing to sacrifice at the quarterback position.

What I would do is I would start by joining their biggest 50/50's which are a few dollars, and really taking the time to evaluate ownership percentage, winning rosters, strategies of spending up at quarterback or punting it, etc.

It is a fun site, I enjoy it primarily due to the two quarterback system and two flex which allows for greater roster flexibility.
With the 2 QB and flex positions, do you worry less about ownership % for a unique lineup? I am wondering if that is part of the reason I am struggling is because I am worrying too much about ownership.

snellman said:
Devin Knotts said:

With the 2 QB and flex positions, do you worry less about ownership % for a unique lineup? I am wondering if that is part of the reason I am struggling is because I am worrying too much about ownership.
In a GPP I always worry about ownership, but I think at times too much is made of ownership percentages. For example, when Gurley and Freeman were to cheap on DraftKings and FanDuel over the last week, you would have people intentionally fading them when realistically it made very little sense to do that. Or another example would be fading the Rams defense against the Browns two weeks ago when they were underpriced and the obvious play. In a GPP, you want to have a unique lineup, but you also don't want to have a stupid lineup where you're making -EV roster moves solely to be different from your competition.

On Aces, it is much easier to have a unique lineup as there are so many more iterations and the GPP's are smaller than the big sites. In a 250,000 person GPP, you may have to take a risk to be different, but in a GPP that is 2,000 people with as many possible roster combinations as FantasyAces then I feel that realistically ownership percentage is less important. If there is a guy who has risk who you know will be highly owned then it is ok to fade him such as Justin Forsett this week, but when the Gurley's/Freeman of the world are under-priced then I would not fade them.

In a cash game, I don't ever consider ownership percentages unless I am looking to talk myself into playing someone as a block. Essentially if I know that someone is going to be 60%+ owned in a double up, I will just throw them in my lineup in a cash game even if they are not my favorite player as I don't want to take the chance of that person having a big game and taking down all of my lineups.

Here is my first crack at a lineup this week: First glance, it seems a little easier to put together a lineup with 2 mid QBs this week than it has been in the past.

QB Matt Ryan 6550
QB Jay Cutler 6200
RB Darren McFadden 4800
RB DeAngelo Williams 4850
WR Steve Johnson 4350
WR Martavis Bryant 4700
TE Antonio Gates 4850
F Jeremy Langford 4350
F Devonta Freeman 6200
D Atlanta Falcons 2700

Thoughts?

Here's my lineup as of right now, will obviously change as the week progresses.

Pos. Athlete PPG Sal. Drop [SIZE=1em]QB[/SIZE]
12538-large.jpg
M. Ryan 18.88 $6,550
[SIZE=1em]QB[/SIZE]
41316-large.jpg
J. Winston 18.50 $5,700
[SIZE=1em]RB[/SIZE]
41500-large.jpg
J. Langford 3.44 $4,350
[SIZE=1em]RB[/SIZE]
11701-large.jpg
D. McFadden 10.37 $4,800
[SIZE=1em]WR[/SIZE]
10909-large.jpg
A. Brown 14.80 $6,200
[SIZE=1em]WR[/SIZE]
10333-large.jpg
S. Johnson 8.72 $4,350
[SIZE=1em]TE[/SIZE]
11280-large.jpg
D. Walker 9.93 $4,300
[SIZE=1em]Flex[/SIZE]
41320-large.jpg
T. Gurley 17.46 $6,400
[SIZE=1em]Flex[/SIZE]
12621-large.jpg
D. Williams 7.59 $4,850
[SIZE=1em]D/ST[/SIZE]
default-large.jpg
J. Jaguars 5.57 $2,500

With Manziel starting tonight and a very cheap option at only $5000 would you put him in a cash lineup?

What are you looking for roughly value wise when it comes to cash and tourney? At Fanduel, you are looking for 2.5x value for cash and 3X for GPP, but haven't quite figured it out here yet.

With Manziel starting tonight and a very cheap option at only $5000 would you put him in a cash lineup?

What are you looking for roughly value wise when it comes to cash and tourney? At Fanduel, you are looking for 2.5x value for cash and 3X for GPP, but haven't quite figured it out here yet.
NO!!!!

I set my cash game targets at 150 (3x) and GPP targets at 200 (4x)...pay lines vary from week to week based on overall production and the tightness of salary, but those are good guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started Mettenberger last week, and it was a complete disaster. The problem is that Fantasy Aces is -2 for INT and Fumbles, so realistically you're starting off with -4 based on Manziel's history this year and the assumption he will turn the ball over twice.

Honestly I have started these types of quarterbacks as my qb2 all year, and most of the time it has worked. The reason is that there is so much value at the $5k-$5,300 RB and WR's compared to the $4,500-$4,900 RB and WR so sometimes downgrading to the min QB works. I had 3.5 points from Mettenberger last week and still put up 160.

Of course you could always just do what I'm doing and not play the Thursday slate so I don't have to worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread