What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Consolidated list of signings and visits (1 Viewer)

Mr Anonymous

Footballguy
Washington trying to sign every free agent on the market. (Which makes me wonder, was the cash over cap situation addressed in the new CBA?)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2363621

The following reports coming primarily from KFFL, ESPN, NFL.com, FoxSports, updating live as it happens...

Signings

NFC North

Chicago

- none

Detroit

- Shaun King

- Shawn Bryson

- Victor Rogers

Green Bay

- Aaron Kampman

- Marquand Manuel

- Ahman Green

Minnesota

- Koren Robinson

- Ryan Longwell

- Chester Taylor

- Ben Leber

- Jason Whittle

- Steve Hutchinson (offer sheet)

NFC East

Dallas

- Kyle Kosier

- Andre Gurode

NY Giants

- Sam Madison

Philadelphia

-Matt Schobel

-Shawn Barber

Washington

- Brandon Lloyd (trade)

- Antwaan Randle El

NFC South

Atlanta

- none

Carolina

- DeSahaun Foster

- Ma'ake Kemoeatu

- Justin Hartwig

New Orleans

- none

Tampa Bay

- Mike Alstott

- Matt Bryant

- Chris Hovan

NFC West

Arizona

- Kendrick Clancy

- Edgerrin James

- Milton Brown

St. Louis

- Corey Chavous

- Isaac Bruce

- La'Roi Glover

- Will Witherspoon

San Francisco

- Joe Nedney

Seattle

- Shawn Alexander

AFC East

Buffalo

- Robert Royal

- Josh Stamer

- Larry Triplett

- Andre Davis

Miami

- none

New England

- Artrell Hawkins

- Hank Poteat

NY Jets

- none

AFC North

Baltimore

- Trevor Pryce

Cincinnati

- none

Cleveland

- LeCharles Bentley

- Kevin Shaffer

- Joe Jurevicious

- Ted Washington

- Dave Zastudil

- Orpheus Roye

Pittsburgh

- none

AFC South

Houston

- Jameel Cook

- Anthony Weaver

- Sage Rosenfels

Indianapolis

- Reggie Wayne

Jacksonville

- Brian Williams

Tennessee

- none

AFC West

Denver

- Gerard Warren

- Ron Dayne

- Mike Leach

Kansas City

- none

Oakland

- none

San Diego

- Marlon McCree

Scheduled Visits

Ryan Pickett- Green Bay (Sat)

Jon Kitna- Detroit (Sat)

Adam Archuleta- Wash (Sat) Chicago (Mon)

David Thorton- Tennessee (Sat or Sun)

Lawyer Milloy- Atlanta, Cincinnati (Sat)

Will Demps- Cincy (Sat) NY Giants (Mon)

Tom Ashworth- TB (Sat) Miami (Sun)

RW McQuarters- Ny Giants(Sun)

Will Allen- Seattle (Sat)

Dexter Jackson- Cincy (Sat) Minnesota (Mon)

Scott Fujita- New Orleans (Sun) Jax (Mon)

Mike Flanagan- Houston (Sat)

Josh McCown- Detroit (Sun)

Kimo von Oelhoffen- NY Jets (Sat)

Andre Carter- Wash (Sat)

Lavar Arrington- Miami (Sat) NYG (Sun)

David Givens- Miami (Sat) Houston (Sun)

Drew Brees- Miami (Sat) New Orleans (Sat)

Maurice Morris- Indy (Sat)

Bart Scott- Cleveland (Sat)

Darren Howard- Philly (Sun)

Sammy Morris- Seattle (Mon)

Russell Davis- Seattle (Mon/Tue)

Steve Hutchinson- Minnesota (Sun)

Monsanto Pope- NY Jets (Tue)

Justin Bannan- Miami (Tue)

Andre Goodman- Miami (Sat)

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Patriots so far:

WR David Givens - Dolphins (sat), Texans (sun)

LB Matt Chathan - Jets (sat)

OL Tom Ashworth - Jets (sat)

I read somewhere yesterday that Givens will be granting the Pats the right to match any contract terms he could get somewhere else. I'm not sure that would matter much, as he may be able to get a lot more than the Pats are willing to pay.

I read somewhere yesterday that Givens will be granting the Pats the right to match any contract terms he could get somewhere else. I'm not sure that would matter much, as he may be able to get a lot more than the Pats are willing to pay.
Right on both fronts. It's simply a money issue. Givens is happy with the Pats and the Pats are happy with him...but not at the price he's most likely going to get on the open market. It's just life in a salary cap league.

Right on both fronts. It's simply a money issue. Givens is happy with the Pats and the Pats are happy with him...but not at the price he's most likely going to get on the open market. It's just life in a salary cap league.
The other day I saw something like "the Pats have never paid a WR more than 2.5 per year". Found that somewhat interesting

Washington trying to sign every free agent on the market. (Which makes me wonder, was the cash over cap situation addressed in the new CBA?)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2363621
No, it wasn't. In fact, I'd say it was made worse. If the Redskins run into a cap problem, Danny boy could just go out and buy $50M worth of his own merchandise. :excited: Oh, and the Bills signed Josh Stamer and are interested in TE Robert Royal. :rolleyes: :yawn:

"LaVar Arrington is looking for a double-digit signing bonus after he discovered that the Rams are bringing Will Witherspoon in for around $13.5 million."

- John Clayton, Sportscenter Sat. A.M.

No linky yet.

The other day I saw something like "the Pats have never paid a WR more than 2.5 per year". Found that somewhat interesting
Givens is getting pretty popular. :D Browns | Team speaks to Blank about Givens

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:21:04 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the Cleveland Browns have spoken with agent Brad Blank about free agent WR David Givens (Patriots), but a visit has yet to be arranged.

Saints | Team speaks to Blank about Givens

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:20:37 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the New Orleans Saints have spoken with agent Brad Blank about free agent WR David Givens (Patriots), but a visit has yet to be arranged.

Seahawks | Team speaks to Blank about Givens

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:20:03 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the Seattle Seahawks have spoken with agent Brad Blank about free agent WR David Givens (Patriots), but a visit has yet to be arranged.

Broncos | Team speaks to Blank about Givens

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:19:35 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the Denver Broncos have spoken with agent Brad Blank about free agent WR David Givens (Patriots), but a visit has yet to be arranged.

49ers | Team speaks to Blank about Givens

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:19:04 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the San Francisco 49ers have spoken with agent Brad Blank about free agent WR David Givens (Patriots), but a visit has yet to be arranged.

Bills | Team speaks to Blank about Givens

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:16:25 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the Buffalo Bills have spoken with agent Brad Blank about free agent WR David Givens (Patriots), but a visit has yet to be arranged.

"LaVar Arrington is looking for a double-digit signing bonus after he discovered that the Rams are bringing Will Witherspoon in for around $13.5 million."

No linky yet.
Heard the same thing

No linky yet.
Heard the same thing
Any more info on Witherspoon to Rams would be great, thanks.

Any more info on Witherspoon to Rams would be great, thanks.
I hear they chatted last night and Will's coming to visit today to sign a deal if the visit goes well. Next target for them is Chavous BTW

Guess Thomas Davis is moving to WLB for the Panthers. I'm very sad to see 'Spoon go. He's an incredible player. St Louis will love him.

From the ESPN article cited above:

D.C. lobbying players: The Redskins came out swinging. They made contact after midnight Friday with 49ers defensive end Andre Carter, Rams safety Adam Archuleta, Chiefs quarterback Todd Collins and Steelers receiver Antwaan Randle El and have them flying in as early as Saturday.
All 4 are supposedly flying in to Redskin Park today.Brandon Lloyd is scheduled to fly in to Redskin Park tomorrow (Sunday).

Report: Panthers sign Foster to three-year deal

Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - The Carolina Panthers have reportedly signed halfback DeShaun Foster to a three-year deal.

According to ESPN, Foster agreed to a three-year $14.5 million contract Friday night that includes a $4.5 million signing bonus.

The Redskins offered San Fran 3rd and 4th round picks for Lloyd. Lloyd has amazing potential but I don't see why they need him, Randle El and Moss. They would have to throw the ball 50 times a game.

Randel El is a BEAR. Lloyd will make the redskins tuff if he can stay injury free. Open up more room for Moss.

redskins dumped half the team yesterday. Plus Arlington was a huge releif. They should have plenty of room now to do some signing.

Guess Thomas Davis is moving to WLB for the Panthers. I'm very sad to see 'Spoon go. He's an incredible player. St Louis will love him.
Completely agree there. 'Spoon was the man. Anyway to keep him and let Dan "I'm hurt" Morgan go instead? :/

Randel El is a BEAR. Lloyd will make the redskins tuff if he can stay injury free. Open up more room for Moss.

redskins dumped half the team yesterday. Plus Arlington was a huge releif. They should have plenty of room now to do some signing.
Again, a link?

Don't know where you get your info from but Randel El is on a plane to Washington today.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2363621

D.C. lobbying players: The Redskins came out swinging. They made contact after midnight Friday with 49ers defensive end Andre Carter, Rams safety Adam Archuleta, Chiefs quarterback Todd Collins and Steelers receiver Antwaan Randle El and have them flying in as early as Saturday.

Randel-El was offerred a long term deal by the Bears late last night(Ben Maller)
Any link?
Right here.http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bears-headlines

Angleo's striking quick, just like last year with Moose. No word yet on the other rumor posted here about him getting signed.
Thanks man.
As a Randle El, and Lions fan, I'm of two minds about this. Good call for Angelo, and probably very good for Randle El. Bad for the rest of the division.
The two sides are discussing a deal of five or six years, believed to be valued in excess of $20 million. The Bears will have to wait until Randle El visits the Redskins, but they made a strong start to upgrade their offense.

Spoon's a good player, but TD2 will be a beast.

They cut 5 players: Tom Tupa, Cory Raymer, Brandon Noble, Matt Bowen, Walt Harris. Link

Randel-El was offerred a long term deal by the Bears late last night(Ben Maller)
Any link?

Angleo's striking quick, just like last year with Moose. No word yet on the other rumor posted here about him getting signed.
Thanks man.
As a Randle El, and Lions fan, I'm of two minds about this. Good call for Angelo, and probably very good for Randle El. Bad for the rest of the division.
The two sides are discussing a deal of five or six years, believed to be valued in excess of $20 million. The Bears will have to wait until Randle El visits the Redskins, but they made a strong start to upgrade their offense.
Marvelous . El will be third string WR .He cant beat Muhammad , Bradley is way more talented then El .

I dont see the need for signing El ( a below average WR )

Any link?

Thanks man.
Marvelous . El will be third string WR .He cant beat Muhammad , Bradley is way more talented then El .

I dont see the need for signing El ( a below average WR )
WR? He'll be the best QB on the team. ;)

can we sticky this thread and consolidate it to the first post?

They've had a lot of luck digging up quality WRs out of nowhere under BB. Givens was a seventh rounder and Patten was pretty much flying under everyone's radar screen. Branch is a second rounders and Troy Brown has never really cashed in since he hit his peak later in his career and is seen as a overachiever.They did offer Mason big money last year. He actually turned down more money from the Pats to play with Kyle Boller and the Ravens.

Packers | Manuel agrees to terms

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:10:52 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent S Marquand Manuel (Seahawks) has reached an agreement with the Green Bay Packers on a five-year, $10 million deal that includes a $2 million signing bonus.

Chiefs | Team reportedly interested in Woodson

Jerry McDonald, of the Oakland Tribune, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are believed be interested in making a run at free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders).

In the first post I am now posting signings and scheduled visits as I hear of them. Right now I'm doing a little catching up.

The Ranch Report is reporting that Akin Ayodele is in town right now visiting Dallas

(no link) at this will post later

Browns | Jurevicius agrees to a four-year deal

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:49:29 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent WR Joe Jurevicius (Seahawks) has agreed to a four-year deal worth about $10 million with the Cleveland Browns.

Jaguars | Team lands B. Williams

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:22:21 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports free agent CB Brian Williams (Vikings) has agreed to a six-year, $32 million deal that includes a $10 million signing bonus with the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to a league source. Interestingly, Williams will be reunited with former Vikings head coach Mike Tice, now an assistant for the Jaguars.

Packers | Contract update: A. Kampman

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:49:56 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report Green Bay Packers DE Aaron Kampman signed a five-year, $25 million deal that included $11 million in guarantees to remain with the team.

If this was already posted somewhere in this thread, then sorry....

Good Link to keep checking: Free agency off to quick start By Adam Schefter, NFL Analyst

(March 11, 2006) -- Free agency has opened with a flurry. Already, numerous teams are on the board. Take a glance at the deals, and the potential soon-to-be deals.

This list will be constantly updated throughout the day, so refresh this page often!

Jaguars | Team lands B. Williams

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:22:21 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports free agent CB Brian Williams (Vikings) has agreed to a six-year, $32 million deal that includes a $10 million signing bonus with the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to a league source. Interestingly, Williams will be reunited with former Vikings head coach Mike Tice, now an assistant for the Jaguars.
Interesting. This is the type of money that is usually reserved for corners believed to be much better than Williams.

looks like Longwell is off the board now...

Packers kicker Ryan Longwell has signed with the Vikings, the team confirmed this afternoon. Terms of the deal were not immediately available.

Longwell, who has spent all nine of his NFL seasons in Green Bay, has a career field goal accuracy percentage of 86.1. He made 20 of 27 field goals (74.1) last year.

In 2004, he made 24 of 28 (85.7), including a pair of game-winners against the Vikings. The second one came at the Metrodome on Christmas Eve and gave the Packers their third consecutive NFC North division title.

FWIW, Paul Allen, the Vikings radio announcer (KFAN 1130am) is saying that Ryan Longwell has signed a contract with the Vikings, and will be introduced to the media tonight at Winter Park (Vikings HQ). Chester Taylor also arrived in Minneapolis about 45 minutes ago......

Paul Allen:

chester taylor arrived at the facility around 4:30 and will meet the media tonite at winter park.

recap: longwell signed, leber and taylor are here but nothing has been done.

should be interesting tonite.
LinkEdited to Add: Beat me to it by two minutes, nerangers! :thumbup:

Eagles | Team might sign M. Anderson later this week

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:29:02 -0800

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports the Philadelphia Eagles might sign free agent RB Mike Anderson (Broncos) later this week. Anderson has interest from several teams and may weigh his offers. The Eagles might take that time to gauge the market for a dependable backup running back.

Ravens | Team lands Pryce

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:26:19 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a five-year, $25 million contract with free agent DE Trevor Pryce (Broncos).

Rams | Team poised to sign Witherspoon?

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:12:51 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the St. Louis Rams appear to be poised to sign free agent LB Will Witherspoon (Panthers). The Rams could pay him as much as $13 million in bonus money.

Dolphins | Team enters Witherspoon fray

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:12:27 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Miami Dolphins also are said to be making a strong pitch for free agent LB Will Witherspoon (Panthers), who could be off the free-agent market by the end of the day.

Saints | Brees in town; negotiations heating up

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:26:43 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers) is visiting with the New Orleans Saints and negotiations to land the free agent are heating up.

Users who are viewing this thread