What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cook or Jones ROS (1 Viewer)

bigpun87

Footballguy
I've been offered Aaron Jones for Dalvin Cook, and the reason I am considerign is because I can flex A Jones this week to help get a W. I am sitting at 3-6 and need to win 3/4 remaining games to make the playoffs. My team is:

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 FLEX

Goff

Kamara, Chubb, D Cook, K Johnson

Hill, Boyd, Golladay, C Davis, AROB, Tate

Gronk Njoku

I would realistically flex Johnson or Golladay with my BYES, but if i make a move for Jones then I can flex him. And his ROS outlook may be on par with Cook?

What would you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do it.  I have Jones also, and he has not been a difference maker so far, but Cook could be.  If Cook is what we hope he is he could be a league winner, Jones is not.

Even with the Ty trade? Jones looked good aside from the fumble last game and is in a high powered offense

Not sure why you would even consider it? Cook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jones. Not only in talent but in opportunity. Not even close.

Not sure why you would even consider it? Cook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jones. Not only in talent but in opportunity. Not even close.
If he needs to win this week (looks like he does based on record) it could make sense.  Jones is playing this week while Cook is on bye.  A loss this week and it may not matter that he has Cook down the stretch if he is knocked out of the playoffs. 

In a straight comparison I agree that you wouldn't do this deal however, record, byes,  and must win to make playoffs are a significant factor.  My only worry for this week is if there are any lingering affects on play time from the fumble.  He is obviously far superior to Williams but fumbles have a tendency to cut playing time significantly......or just get you removed from the roster (see Ty Montgomery).

If he needs to win this week (looks like he does based on record) it could make sense.  Jones is playing this week while Cook is on bye.  A loss this week and it may not matter that he has Cook down the stretch if he is knocked out of the playoffs. 

In a straight comparison I agree that you wouldn't do this deal however, record, byes,  and must win to make playoffs are a significant factor.  My only worry for this week is if there are any lingering affects on play time from the fumble.  He is obviously far superior to Williams but fumbles have a tendency to cut playing time significantly......or just get you removed from the roster (see Ty Montgomery).
All true but he has other options for his flex position this week. Jones would be no better than Galloday or Chubb. The RB split in GB would worry me.

KingPrawn said:
All true but he has other options for his flex position this week. Jones would be no better than Galloday or Chubb. The RB split in GB would worry me.
First game without Montgomery and Jones out snapped Williams 58% to 42% and out touched him 16 (14 carries/2 rec) to 9 (7 carries/2 rec).  I don't think the split is going to be a concern moving forward unless Jones fumbles the ball some more.  That would be my only worry about Jones. 

I'd rather have Jones, you need the help this week, and Jones may be better going forward anyway. Murray vultures TD's, and Cook is no lock to stay healthy, or get his pre-injury workload back.

Thanks for the advice guys - what about Howard? I was offered Howard as well but I think Jones may be the right play

bigpun87 said:
Thanks for the advice guys - what about Howard? I was offered Howard as well but I think Jones may be the right play
I would rather have the upside of Jones over Howard.

travdogg said:
I'd rather have Jones, you need the help this week, and Jones may be better going forward anyway. Murray vultures TD's, and Cook is no lock to stay healthy, or get his pre-injury workload back.
I am not sure this is true.  The Vikes have not had both RB's healthy at the same time to really know how they would be used in tandem.  I don't think we will know this until next year at this point.  However, with the health of Cook this year I don't think it is unreasonable to assume there will be a likely split in touches from here on out this year.

I am not sure this is true.  The Vikes have not had both RB's healthy at the same time to really know how they would be used in tandem.  I don't think we will know this until next year at this point.  However, with the health of Cook this year I don't think it is unreasonable to assume there will be a likely split in touches from here on out this year.
True, but Murray has been one of the best short yardage runners in the NFL since he was a Raider. Its arguably his greatest skill, if they are going to split touches, that is the place to start in my opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread