What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could LaDainian Tomlinson be the bust of 03? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison Dart

Footballguy
I can't put my finger on it but I've never been High on Tomlinson as a top 5 pick in the draft. I look at all these draft projections that had him going over guys like Clinton Portis and I could never figure out why.I see him as being a very,very solid player but not being the explosive player that a Priest Holmes or Clinton Portis are.I felt going into the season that he would put up numbers closer to his rookie season{which I think will be his career norm} than what he did last year.Tomlison will without question break out one of these weeks but with 12.5 percent of the season gone Tomlinson has been very mediocre espically considering where he was taken in most drafts.

Of course he'll be a bust, I drafted him!David Boston isn't helping matters. I'd like to string that guy up by his shrunken nads.Did you guys see he was making/taking cell phone calls while on the sidelines on Sunday, and left without atteding the post game locker room banter with Coach Marty?

Well, I think LT2 is a superb player. But there is a general problem with RBs that play in conservative, pound-it-out offenses, and that is that they need to have a solid D to keep the game low-scoring and allow them to continue to run the ball a lot. If a team playing Martyball has a weak D that surrenders a lot of points early, they are forced out of their pound-it-out gameplan and the RB's numbers suffer. I think LT2 has really suffered from San Diego's defensive weaknesses.

I can't put my finger on it but I've never been High on Tomlinson as a top 5 pick in the draft. I look at all these draft projections that had him going over guys like Clinton Portis and I could never figure out why.I see him as being a very,very solid player but not being the explosive player that a Priest Holmes or Clinton Portis are.I felt going into the season that he would put up numbers closer to his rookie season{which I think will be his career norm} than what he did last year.Tomlison will without question break out one of these weeks but with 12.5 percent of the season gone Tomlinson has been very mediocre espically considering where he was taken in most drafts.
Agree completely. I never had tomlinson even in my top 5. I thought it was crazy how he was going no. 1 in my leagues. Not talent, but his situation.

I agree with Portis. If he is a bust this year, the blame is going to be on the defense. They suck. I only have him in one league that counts because he fell to me in our auction. Thought I was getting a steal, but I'm starting to think otherwise. Granted I won't trade him... the talent is there (YPC is great), but the D is going to have to hold it together.The one thing that might save my fellow LT owners and me is that the schedule gets easier... not easy, but easier.

Tomlinson is a talented player, but I don't see him as the top RB in FF. All offseason I had a better feeling about Deuce McAllister and Clinton Portis and so far my gut is proving correct. Tomlinson is too good to be a total bust, but some backs will definitely outperform him this year.

i say just wait on LT2 and see how he does, considering he played some of the better offenses the first 2 weeks so they couldn't run as much, but if u look at their schedule and see who they play in the next few weeks (balt, jax, cleveland, chicago, miami, cinny) i think the games won't be blowouts and LT2 would get a chance to run and control the clock, now this is coming from an LT2 owner in a money league so i might be a little biased (at least i didn't get him with the 1-3 picks and traded for him from a paciced owner)

But there is a general problem with RBs that play in conservative, pound-it-out offenses, and that is that they need to have a solid D to keep the game low-scoring and allow them to continue to run the ball a lot.
Right on...just ask Jamal. :yes:

I think its crazy to call this guy a bust for several reasons. He will probably finish the season as a top 6-7 back. I just can't see 8 rb's finishing ahead of him this year. Its not like he was a lock for the first spot like Faulk was the past few years. He was mixed in with Portis, Ricky and Priest. I just don't see how a guy taken as one of the top 5 backs who ends up even finishing around 7 is a bust. Slightly underperforming, maybe, but not a bust. When I think of a bust, i think of a guy who falls flat on his face, like A-Train did last year. If he can stay healthy for 16 games, his talent alone should get him the top 10.

You guys are f'n ridiculous. SD played two of the best offenses in the league in Week 1 and 2. They will not play a great offense every week. LT2 was the top pick because he had fantastic production last year and is the true definition of an every-down-back. There are few in the NFL. LT2 also has protypical size, no durability questions, and has great hands (79 recptions last year). Did you guys forget that already?Anyhow, the defense has taken a hit this year. They will get better. The defense will not always give up points early in games. This week, the Baltimore offense doesnt exactly strike fear in a defense (even with Jamal Lewis). LT2 will outrush Jamal Lewis this week, and hand Ray Lewis a 100 yard game this week. Believe it. And next Monday I want to have a chat with all of you LT2 non-believers.

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't it easy to say these things like "I never had him in my top 5" after two weeks of so-so football... It's true that he is in a tough situation with the defense playing so badly, but he was ranked high in most mags and cheat sheets for a reason. I say he plays well and ends up a top 5 back this season. SD will improve as a team, and LT is a big part of that. If David Bust-on would commit himself to getting better and onto the field, I think their chances will improve. Until then, I'm still not ready to call LT a bust. That's just crazy talk.

The reason why he was so highly thought of is because of a past record of success, relative youth, and a body that is more solid and up for the pounding. At least in my case, I ended up with two number one picks this year, and I was NOT sold on Priest in the preseason, so he was out of the equation, but clearly he should have been up for consideration. I was torn between Portis and Tomlinson. The best way I can put it is, LT had the best shot at 1500 yards rushing, but Portis had the best shot at 2000 yards rushing. With the high pick, I nearly always prefer the durability vs. ability, as it's a killer to lose the first round selection. But ANYONE can go down at ANYTIME, and I rode Portis to two titles last year, so I took him over LT2 both times. I think what's playing out is the low end of what is expected, by myself and others I think. Portis and Priest are having the potential lightening bustout 200 total yard, 3 TD games, but also some injury whispers, while LT2 seems healthy as a horse, but has no where to run and no chance to run. But don't close the book on LT2 yet. He won't match a healthy Priest or Portis this year, in fact I don't think he'd match 75 percent of what they'd do with two 16 game seasons. But I think he'll land in the top 5, right there with Ricky and McCalister. Picking the top back this year was far from an exact science, as there were and are so many legit candidates for that position.

Some 2002 rushing totals for Ladanian Tomlinson:Week 5: 48 yardsWeek 6: 78 yardsWeek 9: 60 yardsWeek 12: 45 yardsWeek 14: 57 yardsWeek 17: 67 yardsIt happens. Even in a great season. If some of those games had happened in weeks 1 and 2 instead, people would have been expressing the same doubts about him that they are now in 2003. Hopefully, in the coming weeks us LT2 owners will see numbers like he posted in some of his other 2002 games.

Big Daddy, great post. im backing you all the way and as an LT owner, i am very confident that he will post very good numbers this year. You dont win your league with your first choice.

I see him as being a very,very solid player but not being the explosive player that a Priest Holmes or Clinton Portis are.I felt going into the season that he would put up numbers closer to his rookie season{which I think will be his career norm} than what he did last year.
I tend to agree with that. Tomlinson seems to be more in the mold of an Eddie George, lacking the game-breaking ability of a Holmes or Portis, and I think everything just went right for him last year.I had him as #3 RB this year behind the two mentioned above. He's going to have a solid career and will probably be a top 5 back quite often, including this year. However, a lot of excess hype was placed on him this year as the consensus #1 pick, and people have some unreal expectations. He's not a dominant player, just a very good one.

Some 2002 rushing totals for Ladanian Tomlinson:Week 5: 48 yardsWeek 6: 78 yardsWeek 9: 60 yardsWeek 12: 45 yardsWeek 14: 57 yardsWeek 17: 67 yardsIt happens. Even in a great season. If some of those games had happened in weeks 1 and 2 instead, people would have been expressing the same doubts about him that they are now in 2003. Hopefully, in the coming weeks us LT2 owners will see numbers like he posted in some of his other 2002 games.
Amen! Its been two weeks people! Let the guy play a few games. There are definite issues with the D, the O-line, but that was known in the preseason. And to some degree we knew Boston was coming off an injury riddled season. You can't keep a talent like this down for the whole season. If they are coming from behind a lot they will find ways to get him the ball more in the passing game. Martz isn't the coach, they will use their best offensive weapon. I am not an L.T. owner. I drafted Faulk ahead of him in one league, and spent my auction dollars on Ricky Williams in one league and Portis in another. I was worried that he was not the best option at RB, but the guy is NOT A BUST and will be in the top 10, probably top 5 by the end of the year, barring injury. Looking at Portis and Holmes already banged up, we will see how these fast starters end up.Enough about this subject already! I have been holding back but I am sick of it already. All these people who didn't have them in their top 5 can easily say that now. I bet you had Boldin in your top 30 too? And Cundiff was a top 5 kicker? And Fauria was a top 3 TE right? Gonzo was 30th on your list too right.

I don't see LT2 as a "bust", I just think he was drafted too high by many people. He'll be a top-10 back this year, but many people drafted him as though he'd be a top-3.

Ahhh, it seems like only this summer i was eviscerated for claiming tomlinson was not worthy of the #1 spot and portis was the far better pick. :D only two weeks i know..........

I see him as being a very,very solid player but not being the explosive player that a Priest Holmes or Clinton Portis are.I felt going into the season that he would put up numbers closer to his rookie season{which I think will be his career norm} than what he did last year.
I tend to agree with that. Tomlinson seems to be more in the mold of an Eddie George, lacking the game-breaking ability of a Holmes or Portis, and I think everything just went right for him last year.I had him as #3 RB this year behind the two mentioned above. He's going to have a solid career and will probably be a top 5 back quite often, including this year. However, a lot of excess hype was placed on him this year as the consensus #1 pick, and people have some unreal expectations. He's not a dominant player, just a very good one.
His style is actually far more reminiscent (sp?) of an Emmitt Smith than a George. Very shifty, quick but not really fast -- but Emmitt had those lines and that offense.Coming into the year, it seemed all the stars were aligned for LT2 with Boston there, Neal, and another year for his QB.So far, the team has been just awful and LT2's production has been hurt along with it. If they get straightened out, he will have a very good if not fantastic year -- he wont lose the league for you and wont be a bust. But if ever he had the tools around him in that system it could be an old Emmitt type year.

I think Tomlinson is as talented a RB as there is in the league today. Every bit as talented and explosive as Priest or Portis.

I tend to agree with that. Tomlinson seems to be more in the mold of an Eddie George, lacking the game-breaking ability of a Holmes or Portis, and I think everything just went right for him last year.
Wow! Talk about stating the EXACT OPPOSITE of reality!!!LT absolutely is a game breaker. He is not in the mould of Eddie George. He is fast, quick, elusive, AND powerful. You simply have no clue what you are talking about. I don't know how to say that more diplomatically.KC and Denver have two of the best O-lines in the NFL, and SD has one of the worst. KC and Denver have above average passing attacks, and SD is below average. Put LT in KC's or Denver's backfield and he would be the #1 RB in football no questions asked. Put Priest or Portis in SD's backfield and they will NOT be top 5 RBs and probably will be outright busts.LT is flat out better than Priest and Portis on talent alone. He is a special back, and comparing him to Eddie George is just ignorant.

But if ever he had the tools around him in that system it could be an old Emmitt type year.
News flash: LT2 is already having "old" Emmitt type years (see last year). How quickly you guys forget what kind of a player LT2 is. He runs a 4.45 40, but according to some of you, he is slow and not a gambreaker. That's ok, it's your funeral.

I tend to agree with that. Tomlinson seems to be more in the mold of an Eddie George, lacking the game-breaking ability of a Holmes or Portis, and I think everything just went right for him last year.
Wow! Talk about stating the EXACT OPPOSITE of reality!!!LT absolutely is a game breaker. He is not in the mould of Eddie George. He is fast, quick, elusive, AND powerful. You simply have no clue what you are talking about. I don't know how to say that more diplomatically.KC and Denver have two of the best O-lines in the NFL, and SD has one of the worst. KC and Denver have above average passing attacks, and SD is below average. Put LT in KC's or Denver's backfield and he would be the #1 RB in football no questions asked. Put Priest or Portis in SD's backfield and they will NOT be top 5 RBs and probably will be outright busts.LT is flat out better than Priest and Portis on talent alone. He is a special back, and comparing him to Eddie George is just ignorant.
You are right on Duff. He is a gamebreaker. Unfortunately, he hasn't had the room to run like Portis and Holmes have had. I have seen LT live in college and in the pros and he has breakaway speed and is very powerful. Just think if he was in Minnesota, he would have Jamal Lewis type games.

All of these points are fine, but none of them explain his sub-par performance this year. His production isn't down because of a "lack of explosiveness" and he hasn't been "mediocre". His production is down because he only has 29 carries--about 30% below his career average. If the carries come, he will do just fine and Marty would be an idiot not to give him more carries.

GREAT POST....LT is definitely more talented than Holmes and Portis....I have NO doubt that he will be a top 5 back this year and for many years to come. Anybody that "claims" they didnt have him in their preseason top 5 is a MORON....Gimmie a break

Did anyone see the reports of how the Bronco defenders were praising LT after the game? Some of them were amazed.16 carries for 93 yards and 4 catches for 27 yards against one of the NFL's best front seven says something. If he had found the endzone and thus had an 18-point game against Denver this thread probably wouldn't even have been started.

All of these points are fine, but none of them explain his sub-par performance this year. His production isn't down because of a "lack of explosiveness" and he hasn't been "mediocre". His production is down because he only has 29 carries--about 30% below his career average. If the carries come, he will do just fine and Marty would be an idiot not to give him more carries.
First of all, obviously Tomlinson is better than George ever was, and much more explosive. That wasn't my point.My point is in the quoted post - LT's "struggling" in a fantasy sense because he's not getting as many touches as usual. Well, his usual touch numbers are ridiculously high. Like Eddie George, he makes his living off of ball control and lots of carries. He also had 79 catches last year, but averaged all of 6.2 yards per catch. He's not an open-field receiving threat, he's just catching checkdowns because the Chargers can't get the ball downfield.While Tomlinson is a very good back and certainly isn't slow, I struggle to believe he's the breakaway threat that Holmes or Portis is. Its certainly not reflected in the numbers.

Go take a look at tomlinson's first 2 games against KC and denver last season, then compare those stats to this season... why didn't people panic and last season after he stunk it up against denver? Oh yea, that's cuz he already had a 200 yd game against the patriots...Get your balls out of your purse and lose the "what have you done for me lately?" attitude.

Did anyone see the reports of how the Bronco defenders were praising LT after the game? Some of them were amazed.16 carries for 93 yards and 4 catches for 27 yards against one of the NFL's best front seven says something. If he had found the endzone and thus had an 18-point game against Denver this thread probably wouldn't even have been started.
this is a every good point. he all so had a long run(20+ yards) call back. if SD would not have fallen behind, LT could have got 25+ carries and and had 125+ yards. LT owners patience

Some of you guys are really ridiculous. Week 1 they were getting blown out early so he didn't get any carries. Last week he had 93 yards and 120 total yards. The only problem is that he hasn't scored yet. Tomlinson is one of the most talented backs in the league and will not be playing the top offenses each week. Basically, everything that could go wrong did go wrong the first two weeks for the chargers. They will bounce back and in three weeks everyone will forget this silly thread even existed.....

No matter how you slice it, people in the leagues I play in would not give me their LT for my Jamal Lewis. There's still 14 games to go, let's not jump the gun quite yet.

Never saw this Duff. This is the first I've heard of it.....I'd love to read about that, any chance you have a link? Peace....

All I know is that I was pretty high on Tomlinson this year going into all my drafts, and still am.In one league I traded away Green for Tomlinson and couldn't be happier about it. My starting RBs are now Portis, Tomlinson and Davis. Those three are definately taking me deep into the playoffs.In another salary cap league, I paid $8.00 for Tomlinson with a cap of $15 to buy 10 players. Again, couldn't be happier. Two 'rough' games aren't anything to worry about, he is still going to produce and earn his keep.

Neo Posted on Sep 19 2003, 07:40 AM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 18 2003, 11:52 PM) Did anyone see the reports of how the Bronco defenders were praising LT after the game? Some of them were amazed.16 carries for 93 yards and 4 catches for 27 yards against one of the NFL's best front seven says something. If he had found the endzone and thus had an 18-point game against Denver this thread probably wouldn't even have been started. Never saw this Duff. This is the first I've heard of it.....I'd love to read about that, any chance you have a link? Peace....
Unfortunately, no. And I don't remember where I saw it. I should have realized at the time I would need it as ammo against the imminent "LT is a bust" threads...

Two points from someone who's relying on LT in both of his money leagues (0-2 in both, thanks very much):1. He's had one bad game, week one. Last week was not a bad game. It wasn't great, but he played fine. The Chargers can't fall behind 21-0 every week. Um, I think.2. All of those who are posting the "I knew he wasn't top five" posts: please be sure to include a link to your pre-season thread saying so. That way we can all learn from you.

2. All of those who are posting the "I knew he wasn't top five" posts: please be sure to include a link to your pre-season thread saying so. That way we can all learn from you.
Just for kicks, sure.http://footballguys.net/forum/index.php?ac...f=2&t=20086&hl=For the record, if it's really necessary, I can also dredge up the post where I say after Priest's last pre-season game that he'd shown me enough and was now #1, but there should be adequate support for that in the post above, where I'm called among other things: "idiot," "naive," and "against the grain just for the sake of being against the grain." How stupid I am to suggest any NFL player could play 16 games at a 2500/30 level. (Priest just bested that over his last 16, fwiw.)Read through it. The discussion actually turns kind of interesting if you can filter out the opinions of all those clearly only in this hobby to read off cheatsheets by rote and bash those who dare to voice their own opinions.Now then, with Faulk as my #2, Im not looking much better than people with LT at #1. But the point is there WAS a vocal minority who thought LT could be in for a long season. So all the eye-rolling isn't really necessary. It's far from decided, and even as a pessimist, I conceded he was easily top 10 material. The changes to SD and the pounding his body took last year during his legendary over-use scared me off, given the price tag.Looks like there may be something to the changes to SD argument. The wear-and-tear argument won't manifest itself till late in the season.

For the record, if it's really necessary, I can also dredge up the post where I say after Priest's last pre-season game that he'd shown me enough and was now #1, but there should be adequate support for that in the post above, where I'm called among other things: "idiot," "naive," and "against the grain just for the sake of being against the grain." How stupid I am to suggest any NFL player could play 16 games at a 2500/30 level. (Priest just bested that over his last 16, fwiw.)
How cute. He may have bested that in his best 16 out of 18 games, but he did not best that in his last 16. Unless, of course, you get to use his average for the games he played during weeks when he is out with injury.If a RB plays 8 games a season for two seasons, and misses the other 8 games per season due to injury, you cannot exactly take the 16 games he played and claim he was able to maintain a certain pace for a "full" 16 games. Doesn't work that way.People who drafted LT ahead of Priest did not do so because they believed that at 100% health, LT would outperform Priest in weeks 1-2. They did so because they believed that LT was much more likely to make 16 starts at an average per-game performance of a top 5 RB. People who drafted LT ahead of Priest did so because they believe FF is a marathon, not a sprint -- and because they believe you can't win the championship in the 1st round, but you can certainly lose it in the 1st round. We're only two weeks into the season, and Priest is a 30-year old RB nursing injuries to his ribs, back, and calf. I've heard nothing about LT being less than 100%.It's a little early for Priest advocates to be gloating.

I see him as being a very,very solid player but not being the explosive player that a Priest Holmes or Clinton Portis are.I felt going into the season that he would put up numbers closer to his rookie season{which I think will be his career norm} than what he did last year.Tomlison will without question break out one of these weeks but with 12.5 percent of the season gone Tomlinson has been very mediocre espically considering where he was taken in most drafts.
Try again.He's averaging 4.4 a pop, plus 5 catches a game.Tomlinson is NOT the problem, he IS explosive. Apparently you haven't watched a single Chargers game.If you had you would see that Tomlinson is playing at a very high level WHEN GIVEN THE BALL. He's gotten it less than 15 times a game. He had a rough start against KC who ignored every other Charger and sent 11 guys after LT every play, but last week tore up Denver.LT will be fine, they just need to give him the ball.

I struggle to believe he's the breakaway threat that Holmes or Portis is. Its certainly not reflected in the numbers.
Right... :rolleyes: Last week he had 2 runs of >20 yards (one was called back)In 2002 he had runs of 76, 58, 34, 31, 30, 27 - plus quite a number between 10 and 20In 2001 he had at least 1 54 yard run I recallCompared to Priest, whose longest run THIS year is 31 yards, longest run LAST YEAR was 30 yards, and logest run the year before was 41 (notably his next longest run was 27 yards).Meanwhile Portis is on about the same level as LT in explosiveness (59,51,43,34 in 02) and 1 long run of 58 yards this season.Me thinks you need to watch LT before spouting this nonsense.

Right... :rolleyes: Last week he had 2 runs of >20 yards (one was called back)In 2002 he had runs of 76, 58, 34, 31, 30, 27 - plus quite a number between 10 and 20In 2001 he had at least 1 54 yard run I recallCompared to Priest, whose longest run THIS year is 31 yards, longest run LAST YEAR was 30 yards, and logest run the year before was 41 (notably his next longest run was 27 yards).Meanwhile Portis is on about the same level as LT in explosiveness (59,51,43,34 in 02) and 1 long run of 58 yards this season.Me thinks you need to watch LT before spouting this nonsense.
"Breakaway threat" was definitely a poor choice of words on my part, and your points are well taken. Some numbers to add, though:Priest Holmes had receptions of 64, 49, and 41 yards last year.Clinton Portis had receptions of 66 and 38 yards last year.Tomlinson's longest reception last year was 30.I haven't seen LaDainian Tomlinson play much, but when I have, he's just been plowing straight ahead and grinding out yards. When I look at yards per carry and yards per catch, I don't see him on the same level as Holmes or Portis. I may be dead wrong, but I'm going to believe those numbers for now.All three of those guys play my Lions this year, so I'll get a better longer look at them then.

How cute. (Etc.)
You'll forgive me if I refuse to begin my rebuttal with a snide, insecure comment, right? Good.Belittling the stance does nothing to change its viability. 16 out of 18 is far from the sort of small-sample "projection" that leads to FF absurdity. Hell, even with the two weeks of zeroes left in, he's still far and away the highest scoring player, never mind running back, over the last 18 weeks of FF given any but the most ridiculous scoring system.Add to which, if you actually take time to read, the thrust of the comments above are to detail why it's perfectly rational and believable that some may just have had LT2 outside their top 2.To take the flip of your argument, those of us who downgraded LT2 did so at least in part BECAUSE it's a marathon. History suggests -- and very strongly, to the tune of virtually 100% occurrance -- that the sort of overload LT2 suffered from last season leads to disappointment the following year. Very often to injury. Is it then a certainty that he'll bust? Hardly. And you can't predict injuries, as anyone knows. But ignoring a trend of that sort of overwhelming strength simply doesn't make sense when the context is the #1 pick in the draft. Having seen Priest's burst back during preseason, and knowing the out-and-out statistical dominance that not only Priest, but Vermeil's last half-decade's worth of Rb's have shown relative to not most, but ALL of their contemporaries, I happen to feel a top of the draft LT2 selection was unwise.Disagree all you like, but save the patronizing bull**** for an argument that's a liitle more cut-and-dried. Otherwise, you just come off looking like a fool.

Nice posts guys...I'm going to stick my neck out and say LT2 will have a huge game this weekend.I'm thinking 25-180+, 2 TDs. We will see a motivated Charger team this weekend with all the smack from Jama Lewis.

I haven't seen LaDainian Tomlinson play much, but when I have, he's just been plowing straight ahead and grinding out yards. When I look at yards per carry and yards per catch, I don't see him on the same level as Holmes or Portis. I may be dead wrong, but I'm going to believe those numbers for now.
Dude, you have tomlinson all wrong if you think he's an Eddie George-style runner. LT is one of the best RB's in the league at turning the corner, and has exceptional lateral movement and quickness. I would argue that Portis (despite all of his nifty moves) and Priest are more straight ahead runners than LT.

Thank God, I can't believe I had to read 25 posts before someone mentioned his stats from last game....Yeah, 14 for 93 is horrid. :wacko:

Could LT be the bust of 2003? Sure. But then again, ANYONE can be.Am I freaking out because he hasn't done stellar the first two games? Hardly. I have him in numerous leagues, and just traded for him over the offseason in my main league, and I'm not worrying yet. I will give him more time. Now, if after saaaaaay week 5 he's been sub-par, THEN I might start to worry..

I am finding it odd, that the two teams that have the two best "Blocking" FB's are struggling big time.Henry is getting some green, but can't move the ball for ****. Whats wrong with Gash, against the Pats I saw him make awesome blocks and I saw him wiff. :thumbdown: Tomlinson gets Neal, and the next thing you know... he stinks! What is the friggen deal here???? :no:

I haven't seen LaDainian Tomlinson play much...
That's clear. If you had you'd understand how far off base you are about him. He's got as much in the skill department (if not more) as any of the other top running backs in the league.Of all the top running backs in the league he has by far the WORST offensive line (it pains me to say it as a Charger fan, but facts are facts), and yet he's been a top performer every year he's been in the league.He had a fine day last week with over 100 combined yards on a paultry number of touches. As I've said before, had he scored a td instead of getting dragged down at the three on a great play by the defender, we're not having this discussion.If I'd had the #1 pick in any league I was in I would have chosen Portis - the talent level is about the same but he's in an immensely better situation. After that I felt the next six rb's were roughly equivalent (I had to draft before Holmes's contract situation became clearer in regards to him playing this season) - LaDainian belongs right up there, and will be right up there at the end of the year. I had him listed as my #2 back overall.I'm trying to trade for him in every league I'm in (I offered Faulk for Tomlinson in one, McCallister for him in another), and have had no takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread